“warm, comfortable neighborhood spot” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #120 of 559 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
“warm, comfortable neighborhood spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Lovely pies (generous slices - the berry pies are bursting with flavor and the sweet potato pies are also some favorites), a good cup of coffee and a warm atmosphere. It's usually pretty bustling too, but they're great about letting people hang out for awhile.

Visited October 2013

Boston
“Heaven in a lattice crust!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I can only speak to one item, but it was so good, I had to write this review. Nearly every year on my birthday, I tell my family that I really don't want a cake - what I want is a blueberry pie. This year, they believed me and my daughter ordered a lattice top blueberry pie from Petsi Pies. Oh. My. Goodness. The berries were perfect - not mushy, just enough firmness to have a little pop in your mouth when you ate it. The crust was flaky, not heavy, and combined with the berry filling, created the perfect taste sensation. Yes, I loved it! Hopefully this will be my new "birthday pie" from now on.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Everything was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Everything we tried was great! Very fresh and a nice selection of pastries, muffins, etc. We went for breakfast.

Visited August 2013
Delhi, India
“home-baked pies bring me here again and again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stop in for a piece of strawberry-rhubarb, or maybe cherry, or the apple crumb - I can't make up my mind when I go here. I come to Boston once a year and this is a required stop. The pies are wonderful but it's hard to resist the other excellent baked goods, such as the sweet potato buns. There are two locations, but the one on Surrey has more seating, IF you can find parking. The other branch has easier parking but just a few seats.

Visited June 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“One of my favorite neighborhood spots”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I love Petsi's on Putnam. I go in every weekend for my coffee and something tasty to eat. Their coffee & espresso drinks are excellent. They now have their iced coffee/espresso drinks in 20 oz size, so I am thrilled (I need a big caffeine fix in the AM). The food is always wonderful. I love their tarts, pies, breakfast sandwiches, and other pastries/treats. Everything is fresh, homemade & delicious. The atmosphere has a cozy, neighborhood vibe. Artists often display their artwork and you can even buy the art at the register. I always feel comfortable and get that warm, fuzzy feeling when I walk in the door. I much prefer frequenting local spots like this to corporate chains. The service has improved dramatically since I started coming here years ago. The staff is friendly and they do a good job, some of them even letting customers know if there's a little bit of a wait for food/drink orders. If you're in Cambridgeport or surrounding neighborhoods, I highly recommend stopping in to Petsi's. It'll likely become a place you want to go back to over and over again.

• Visited June 2013