“Just the best B&B anywhere” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   6 Prentiss Street, Cambridge, MA 02140   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Just the best B&B anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Everything, from service to the quality of the rooms, and all the little details in this wonderful historical building is outstanding. Had all my family and friends stay there, everyone loved it there. I personally stayed in several B&Bs around Cambridge, all miles away from this - I would even go as far as saying this is better than any of the big hotels which are at similar distance from Harvard Square.

Overall, fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
East Orleans, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The four of us wanted Cambridge rooms for the night, between Davis & Harvard Square. The Mary Prentiss fit our location perfectly. Just off Mass Ave, the Inn was very quiet at night, our room on the ground floor was comfortable and had a commodious & fine shower, and breakfast was delicious. I had eggs over easy with sausage, orange juice and coffee. The eggs were straight from the stove to me, hot & just runny enough. On top of this, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the parking, underneath the Inn, was free. In parking-lean Cambridge, this was worth celebrating. Before leaving, we walked across Mass Avenue to the oldest home in Cambridge, the Cooper-Frost House. We couldn't enter, but it was worth seeing. Ah, Historic Cambridge!

Room Tip: I'm not certain there's a bad room. Both we and our friends had first floor bedrooms, and we...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have stayed here several times now and each time we like the room we have chosen better than the last. This stay we were in #9 and it is the best room in the house. The working fireplace and extra sitting room area were just perfect for a relaxing weekend. Breakfast and tea time are nice added touches. The staff is lovely and helpful (whether in person or on the phone or via email).
We will come again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nashua,NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days on business and just like another reviewer I wish I could have stayed longer. I got an upgrade as I checked in and was offered a room with a working fireplace and a Jacuzzi! The room has a lovely charm to it with an entrance via the Patio. Very close to the metro on the Red Line. The breakfast was lovely. The place has a historic feel to it and still so nicely maintained that it is impossible not to fall in love with it. Totally worth the price especially if you are offered one of the rooms with the fireplaces.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stay here just few days before Christmas. We stayed in room 14. Room has two levels.. lower floor has bathroom, study table and chairs and upper floor has bed. There are stairs within the room to go to bed.

Room and inn was well decorated and we loved it... specially the Christmas decor.. good break from chain hotels.
However we are disappointed with breakfast. They offer two options for breakfast - continental or full. You have to write your choice a night before.
Continental bf has porridge or cereal with fruit and yogurt. Full breakfast offer pancakes with bacon
So i think.. choices are limited.. there is no bread or eggs that i like in breakfast..

Staff was nice and helpful. We requested late checkout and they were happy to help..
Overall a good stay!

Room Tip: We had room 14.. it has two floors.. bathroom is on lower floor and bed is on upper.. if you use bat...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had a fabulous time in Boston. Both Harvard and the metro were close to this bed and breakfast, which was absolutely great. Comfortable, excellent breakfast great fireplace and tea and fabulous cookies and pastries served at tea time. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was on business trip in Cambridge for one day only. How I wish I would have stayed longer! The Mary Prentiss Inn is all what I like: everything is nice and makes you feel like you are unique. Ultimately it is a remarkable experience which I would like to renew.
The room is very nicely decorated, clean and spacious. The bathroom equipment is dating back some years I believe but is working perfectly well.
The people who welcomed me were very helpful - that was my first time in Boston/Cambridge area - , breakfast was on a terrace with a sunshine and nice view over the neighborhood.
I strongly recommend Mary Prentiss Inn to those who want to escape from these hotel chains that all alike and consider you as a "room number".

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Mary Prentiss Inn? Share your experiences!