“Convenience and Comfort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 17 hotels in Cambridge
New London, United States
“Convenience and Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hotel Tria was Pet friendly and next door to Pet Smart for doggie day care, walking distance to my bulding at Cambridge Park Drive and across the street from Fresh Pond park. Also, Whole Foods next door....really can't beat the location and the rooms, very nice place and staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

381 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Me, my wife and my mother-in-law stayed here the last week of May 2013 for my step-daughter's college graduation. I feel bad that I've waited this long to write my review since my recollection of many of the specific details of why we enjoyed our stay so much have faded. However, this is what I remember and why I recommend Hotel Tria.

Tria is not in the center of Cambridge, but is a very short drive or vanpool ride. At a time of year when pretty much everyone in Cambridge gouges the families of graduates mercilessly (even well into four figures per night), the hotel charged a very fair rate for our room; particularly for graduation week. They had a free van running to and from Harvard Square every hour on the half hour. The room was very comfortable, spacious and clean. The parking at the time we stayed was free for our rental car, and always seemed adequate (meaning we found a space).

At the end of our 4-day stay, we were startled at how much we had enjoyed our stay there, and felt it was a great value. I can honestly say that Tria exceeded our expectations ... by a lot.

Based on our experience at Tria, we will also give serious consideration to other Best Western Plus hotels in the future. It would be interesting to see if they measure up to the standards of Tria.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The room was outstanding. The only problem that it was a little pricey. The breakfast was outstanding. Along with it being a little pricey they also missed a wake up call that I was suppose to get for a very important business meeting on Friday. Other then that I feel that everything else was outstanding at this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Queensbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel is very comfortable, conveniently located near Fresh Pond Park and welcomes pets. Shops, movie theatre and Whole Foods within walking distance. We were on the second floor facing the front parking lot, yet the room was extremely quiet. The complimentary breakfast is extensive with a most accommodating staff. Starbucks is attached and a Dunkin Donuts very close. Front desk people are very friendly and helpful. Microwave and mini frig in each room. There is a continuous shuttle service throughout the day and evening. Be certain to ask for rates if your are members of AARP or AAA.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Turnersville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I finally found a place to return to when visiting my daughter. Aside from a small problem I'll describe later, this was an excellent hotel experience. The next time I return, I will defiintely use the Harvard Sq shuttle. We checked in very late and were greeted by a friendly, kind gentleman. We stayed in a corner room on the third floor and I was amazed at the size of this room and bathroom- so spacious , clean and inviting. The bedding was great and the bed comfy.
The breakfast was outstanding and the gentleman keeping it stocked was so kind- he assisted whenever he thought someone needed something. Fresh eggs, sausage, roasted potatoes, yogurt, fresh fruit, mufins and more...what a great way to start your day
The daytime male desk staff were friendly and great. The woman with the accent- not so much.
The other super great thing about this wonderful hotel is that they are pet friendly. We had a slight problem with reception on our TV. Maint was quickly sent to our room and resolved the problem but I guess quickly reported to the female desk staff that we had a dog in our room.
Well yes we did, we mentioned when we booked and this is why we booked here because they were pet friendly. Not only that, our Boxer accompanied us to the desk at check in. Almost immediately after maint left, the woman I referred to called the room and said you didnt tell us you had a dog, you shouldnt be in that room. Really? Last I checked, I didn't assign the room. My husband was not pleased with the implication that we snuck in our pet- at 60 lbs I dont think we could have done that anyway. She demanded my husband go to the desk and sign some papers for the dog. He agreed and hung up, telling me he wasnt making a special trip. She called again- he told her if she was in a hurry, have the paper sent up and he would sign. You see now, she is infringing on our time for their error. No one came so I decided to go down as I didn't want problems, we were so pleased with everything else about the hotel. The gentleman at the desk ( I think his name was Andre) apologized profusely when he saw how upset she had gotten us. And continued to apologize the next day at check out. The Mgr overheard and was quite apologetic as well and offered a nice perk to make up for the discourteous woman he had working there
I would not let that keep me from rating this excellent or from returning- everyone and everything else was beyond what I hoped for.Oh and while the location is more commercial- what more could you want when visiting from out of town? A 24-hr CVS, pizza, chipotle, whole foods, trader joes, dunkin donuts (2) , petsmart, a movie theatre , Panera all within walking what amounts to a block or two AND a star bucks attached to the hotel. And a great and scenic path across the street to jog, bike or walk your dogs
Thank you for a wonderful stay! We'll be back! WITH THE DOG

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brighton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Rooms were very clean. Some staff were awesome and very helpful and went out of their way. Other staff were not, didn't want to give the time of day. The Breakfast Buffet was very good. Strip mall within walking distance with Whole Foods and TJMaxx. Summer Shack is a good place to eat. They do have a shuttle that takes you to Harvard Square. We were moving my Daughter to Boston University and next time may stay a little closer to the college. Hotel lobby and breakfast area though were bitter cold, waste of energy. But this was still a great stay and would recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We loved the hotel. The room was spacious and clean, the bathroom was amazing and modern.

The only thing we did not like was that since there appears there is no service elevator, the elevator always had an awful food smell.

Besides that, the hotel is superb. The personnel is very friendly (thank you Julia), breakfast buffet was well stocked and delicious, and there is s Starbucks in the premisses.

The hotel is not near Boston, but they offer a free of charge shuttle to Alewife Subway Station (leaves every hour) and to Harvard Square. Book in advance. We got a room on the second floor. It was very quiet for a room with view to the paking lot.

The room has no safe box, but there is one at the reception area. Just ask for a key.

Overall, next time we visit Boston, we will stay there again and we recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room with view to the parking lot was quiet. The area is not noisy at all.