“Four Generations Visit Cambridge/Boston” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Cambridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mount Dora, Florida
“Four Generations Visit Cambridge/Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I cannot thank the staff enough for their fabulous hospitality during our recent stay at the Hotel Tria! The needs of four generations of our family were not only met, but exceeded. When I initially made our reservation, both the front desk manager and the general manager of the hotel took the time to speak to me. They arranged for everything we needed to make our week stay in Cambridge/Boston a wonderful vacation memory for all of us! They supplied a wheelchair and an amazing handicap accessible room for the convenience of our older generations, including a family member in her 80's. The room's handicap bathroom had a beautiful open adjustible shower, handrails, grip bars, and no cabinets under the sink. There was a refrigerator and microwave in each of our rooms as well. The easy chair with ottoman made a nice spot to relax, watch tv, or read. The connecting room for the 'younger generations' was complete with not only a king sized bed, but also a 'pack and play' for the baby to sleep in. The rooms were modern, attractive, very clean and SO comfortable. Maid service was VERY good! We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet with choices that satisfied each family member, and enough variety so that we enjoyed it every morning of the entire week of our stay! I'm still amazed at the quality of the food offered in comparison to other hotels we've stayed in that offer a "breakfast included." Jose welcomed us with a big smile each morning. :) We took advantage of the complimentary shuttle service to the T and Harvard Square, and we walked to stores (Whole Foods, TJ Maxx, CVS) near the hotel, too. Jason and Shannon were both very helpful in directing us to the places we needed to see and things we wanted to do! (We all enjoyed great "chowdah" and clams among other things!) Don't miss this hotel when in the Cambridge/Boston area. We will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
stefanielebrun, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Tria, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Dear Wines_Constantly,
Thank you for taking the time to review the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Tria! Your experience clearly depicts what we're all about at the Hotel Tria and I'm so happy that you've shared it. Cambridge and Boston are wonderful cities and I'm glad to hear that you got to experience them both! See you soon! Sincerely, Stefanie S. LeBrun, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
pitttsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We got this hotel on Hotwire at a 40% discount so we weren't as picky as usual. We had mixed feelings about the location. As others have mentioned, it is a very busy place, on a traffic circle, with a lot of cars everywhere. However, if you're going to a city you probably expect some sort of busyness. The upside to that is that there are some things very close by that make your stay convenient...Starbucks in that same building (a huge plus for my husband), a Whole Foods right next door (a huge plus for me since I hate hotel "breakfasts"), you are within walking distance from the T station which takes you nearly everywhere you want to go in Boston for sight seeing...very convenient.
I will say that the Hotel accommodations were very nice, clean, roomy and everything worked. Even had a fridge and a microwave in the room, a nice bonus. The worst thing about this hotel (and this is a biggie) is the front desk. In the three days we stayed here, there was only one lovely woman who smiled and greeted us on a regular basis as we moved in and out throughout the day. The guy who checked us in never even looked at us when he asked for our name. No hello, no welcome. We forever nicknamed him "Rude Dave". But no one (except the nice lady) ever smiled and said hello...in three days!! I don't know whether it's just the Boston attitude but you'd think that people in the hotel industry would have been taught the basics of hospitality. It truly did put a damper on our time here. I should also mention that the location is farther away from the city than we anticipated. Since it was a Hotwire purchase we didn't know the exact location and that Cambridge was so large. Some parts are very close to the city, but others, not. This is not. No where near the Charles river, for instance. So consult a map of Boston before committing to this hotel. If you want to be relatively close to Harvard, then it's okay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
stefanielebrun, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Tria, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Dear Dawne B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Tria. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the hotel amenities and I hope you also took advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to and from the Train and Harvard Square! In regards to our staff, I apologize that you did not have an ideal experience. The Hotel Tria's top priority is to provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction; each employee must complete an extensive training program revolving around customer service and hospitality and I am sorry that the training wasn't fully reflected during your stay. I do hope that you will consider us again when traveling to the Cambridge/Boston area. In the meantime, should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly! Sincerely, Stefanie S. LeBrun, Director of Sales
Medford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My family and I visited the Boston area because we will soon be moving to the city ourselves. The staff at the hotel was UNBELIEVABLY helpful :-) The general manager and the front desk manager were both wonderful, and they offered us a lot of great advice. Breakfast was always GREAT (thank you, Jose!). Getting going in the morning was much easier thanks to him. Even the bartender (love ya, forevah!) made sure that we had a great time at the end of our hectic days.

If you are looking for a great family-friendly hotel with a staff that will bend over backwards to make you feel like a part of their family, then the Hotel Tria is the right place!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear k8atfsu,
Thank you for taking the time to review the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Tria! Your comments are so kind and they really made me smile :) I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Cambridge! Sincerely, Stefanie S. LeBrun, Director of Sales
Milton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one week for our anniversary. The hotel far exceeded my expectations in every way. The room was lovely, the king size bed was so comfy (unlike most hotel beds), the bathroom was spotless! The staff was always so friendly and helpful.... Jason Lamotte who was at the front desk nearly all the time (when he had time to sleep, I have no idea) was so fantastic I could hardly believe it! He was friendly and full of smiles no matter what time of day it was!
Thank you Hotel Tria (and Jason) for making our stay so wonderful!
:o)
Brad and Melanie
PS> The only thing that I would have liked a little differently was the breakfast, it was the same thing every day... but hey... it was still a hot breakfast!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
stefanielebrun, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Tria, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear melaniecudneyiles,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Tria, and Happy Anniversary! I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and will definitely pass on your kind comments to Jason; he's the best! Our breakfast buffet features over 17 different items to choose from daily, however we are always working towards enhancements. We look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to the Cambridge/Boston area! Sincerely, Stefanie S. LeBrun, Director of Sales
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed here in August - September of 2010 for a business trip. My company picked this hotel because of the location.

The stafff were very friendly whenever I had questions or issues. For example, they would call a cab for me every morning to get to work, gave me information on where to go, and when there were sumo wrestlers above me, they had no problem moving me to another room with out charge,

The breakfast buffet was average and so was the food they had for room service.

The location of this hotel is actually pretty good.. besides the fact that you need to get in and out the round-about, which at rush hour can be painful. There is a strip-mall just next door with a liquor/smoke store, Newburry Comics, Whole Foods and on the other side of the street there is a Trader Joe's and Dunken Donuts (plus more).

They also have a shuttle (free of charge) that will take you to Harvard Square and back, which was super!

If I were to stay in Boston again, I don't see why I wouldn't stay here again. It was clean, the people were nice and I had access to everything I neede and wanted to do.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear Bone_Chaos,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Tria! Your comments are very kind and I appreciate you sharing them with the community. A little update; we have enhanced our breakfast buffet to now include onver 17 different items! I do hope that when you are in the Cambridge/Boston area you will stay with us again! Sincerely, Stefanie S. LeBrun, Director of Sales
Auburn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed 2 nights during 4th of July week. Our room was nice with a King bed and was very clean. The hotel staff told us about the area and the T. We used the shuttle to the T station in the morning, which was great, and walked back (during the day) to the hotel.

We used the T to quickly get to Fenway and to the Aquarium. We used the hotel's aquarium package for tickets. We will be back for our future trips to Fenway.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
stefanielebrun, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Tria, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Dear parkdawg4,
Thank you for taking the time to review the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Tria! Your comments are so kind and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here in Cambridge. We look forward to seeing you when you're in town again, perhaps you could try our Museum of Science or Harvard Museum of Natural History packages! Sincerely, Stefanie S. LeBrun, Director of Sales
Purchase, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Bright spot - hotel & room was clean. Perfect for business travellers - not tourists with or without kids.
Breakfast was "okay".

location - terrible. Not an area that you want to walk around. Right off major traffic circle. Help at desk was not knowledgable about local restaurants or directions.
Fitness center - very small & few cardio machines.
Free wireless internet was very spotty.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
stefanielebrun, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Tria, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Dear franlerner,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Best Western Plus Hotel Tria. I am sorry to know that you were disappointed with your stay. At the Hotel Tria we truly strive for the highest level of customer satisfaction and your comments are vital to us in regards to acheiving it. Our breakfast buffet offers over 17 different items as we try to cater to everyone's individual preferences. As for the traffic, yes it can be busy at times however we do offer the complimentary shuttle service to the Train, Harvard Square and area businesses/attractions to help our guests travel more easily. I am surprised to hear that the desk was not helpful as all of our team members are quite familiar with the area. I am also surprised to hear about your internet access as we've upped our signals and strength; this will be something that I will investigate further, so thank you for bringing it to my attention. I do hope that you will give us another chance during your next visit to the Cambridge/Boston area and in the meantime, if you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me directly!
Sincerely, Stefanie S. LeBrun, Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Tria? Share your experiences!