“The best bartenders in Cambridge” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Beverly Hills, California
“The best bartenders in Cambridge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I frequent this bar often and have always appreciated the attention that my boyfriend and I get as soon as we walk in the door. The bartender, Jeff, always has our drinks ready and they re always made very well. We also get the cheese quesadillas regularly with a side of their potatoes. Love the chutney on the potatoes! It's a very comfortable atmosphere with friendly staff. The music played is also a bonus. A good mix for all ages in a college town! Check it out!

Los Angeles, California
“Brainy Drinking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

At night, watch out for a cold front, that draft through the door will give you a big chill. Drink and get buzzed to stop feeling cold. Once buzzed, I felt like I was drinking inside a horseshoe or horseshoe-magnet -- the more buzzed you are the more likely off-kilter you're gonna feel, like wall gravity is pulling you. Minor bites, draft beer. Read 'em up the periodic table listed on the wall -- now that's a drink menu!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I tried to go here with a party of 10 for someone's birthday. I showed up with one other person and we were meeting two more people to eat & the rest were coming later for drinks. The two of us sat at a table and were told to get up by the manager. We explained we were meeting more people and he told us he would not seat us until the rest of our party came. We were starving and there was no where else to sit so we got up and just waited. As one other person from our party was walking in the manager sat three people at the table we were waiting for even though he knew we were waiting for it. When we tried to say something he argued with us and was belligerent. We had 10 people meeting us for drinks and had them all meet us somewhere else since the guy was such a jerk. My friends and I will never go here again.

Visited November 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
“Average meal, sub-par service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It was somewhat early in the evening (7:30ish) on a Thursday evening. I met a friend there for a beverage and a bite to eat.

Having just got LASIK, my eyes had a bit of trouble reading the (foolish, in my opinion) menu written in color-coded chalk on the back wall. There were no paper menus and we were advised to visit the menu on our smartphones on their website. Okay, fine.

We made our selections. Well, eventually. Our server visited our table about three times over the course of the hour and a quarter or so we were there. Not particularly pleasant or unpleasant, but our questions about the menus and beverages were met with a bit of an attitude.

It was fairly noisy there, so not recommended for people wanting to have deep personal conversations.

Their food (burgers were ordered by the both of us) was good -- nothing to rave about, but tasty nonetheless. Drinks (when they finally arrived) were okay, as well.

Visited October 2013
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Menu is literal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This popular college stop features a menu featuring single ingredient items...salad is greens, for example. Omelets can have ingredients added, so try that if you go.

Visited September 2013