“Average food but Great Atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
John Harvard's Brew House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 501 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Massachusetts Avenue
Transit: Red Line T stop- Harvard Square, Cambridge
Suffield, Connecticut
“Average food but Great Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My family and I went there for a late lunch after walking around sightseeing. The location is right in the heart of everything and when we got I. I thought the atmosphere was great. It had a very nice rustic look especially the windows. We each ordered a different meal my wife got the chicken sandwich which she liked. I got the fish and chips and I pulls say it was okay but not great. My son got the burger and it was good. My daughter got the personal pizza which had spent grains in the crust from the brew process. She is picky and pizza is a favorite and this was not on the top of the list. I tried a piece and have to say I am not sure the flavor the grains add works. The service was very good and efficient. Overall a good place for lunch with good food not grat but not bad either.

“Quality beers, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been stopping in at John Harvard's for 20 years. The decor has changed, and the menu, too, but they still brew some fantastic ales. The brown ale is quite "right" and I found the golden expectedly refreshing. Next visit I will have to try the hand-pulled cask IPA.

The Shepherd's Pie was good, mostly beef and potato... not many of those pesky green or orange veggies one normally finds.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fun Place for Food & Drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

It was a fun college bar/restaurant. Great micro brews, appetizers and really enjoyed the fish dinner. A little on the pricey side.

Visited November 2012
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Fun atmosphere, great family meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stopped here for dinner after visiting the Havard campus just across the street. My wife and I were with our daughter and son-in-law and our three grand daughters aged 12, 10 and 4. We were seated promptly at a large table and the wait staff were attentive, young and energetic. The atmosphere was lively, fun and welcoming. The patrons were a mix of all ages, couples, groups, families, the entire spectrum. The menu had many great comfort food choices. Among those we selected were Yankee Pot Roast, Shepard's Pie and the best Fish and Chips my wife had ever been served. The kids had chowder and chicken tenders. We all enjoyed everything we ate and drank; great craft beers and excellent wine. It was an exceptionally enjoyable dining experience. We highly recommend John Harvard's Brew House.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

So, apparently they changed the menu ... again... I was a bit afraid it would not be as good as it use to be, but the fact is that is was amazing! I had mussels and they were delicious. All my friends really enjoyed what they had

Visited November 2012