“Lord Hobo is up-and-coming royalty.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Charlton, Massachusetts
“Lord Hobo is up-and-coming royalty.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My friends and I hit this place recently on a Cambridge pub crawl. I would highly recommend it to anyone in the area that likes good food and great beer. We only had apps so I can't comment on the full menu. Pickles, truffle fries and wings were all good, esp the fries. Good beer list for the serious beer connoisseur. Attentive service. I would go back to try more eats.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great spot for an evening drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Loved this place -- it's not too noisy inside, it wasn't too crowded, and the drinks were awesome. I tried the "root beer float" -- stout, soda, spiced rum and root bitters -- it was fantastic. The beer selection is extensive, there's something for everyone.

The outside and neighboring area isn't much, and it's hard to find parking if you're not from the area, but everything this place has inside is well worth the effort.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
WORCESTER
“Nice Dive Bar that thinks it is a hot spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We went there on St. Patrick's day as part of a pub crawl. So we were not surprised to find that it was busy. When we walked in the place was busy and there was no one there to direct us. However we lucked out and the end of a counter height table was empty so we claimed it. Then a woman came to the front door and we realized she worked there so we asked her if they would be coming around to take our orders or if we needed to get them ourselves at the bar. She said there was service at the tables but it would be a while because they only had 2 servers working. I looked at her and questioned, "on St. Patrick's day" and she got snippy and said they weren't busy last year. So we stood around for a while, the hostess just stood there and watched, never offered to help us order drinks or clear tables around us. Finally we got to order our drinks. The drinks were tasty but I felt like they were overpriced. I paid $10 for one drink. I understand that we are in the city however I wasn't in an upscale place. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the atmosphere in the place, very casual, like a nicer dive bar, but still a dive bar, so why should I pay top price for drinks. They did have a decent selection of craft beers. We didn't eat anything, we didn't want to wait for our waiter to come back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norton, Massachusetts
“Lord Hobo - Not Worth the Hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

From the outside, Lord Hobo resembles an unexpected dive bar in a residential neighborhood not far from Kendall Square. Inside is actually a fairly nice bar and dining area. We had been wanting to go here for a bit, and the beer list was pretty good (although it could use some more New England craft beers). The wait staff was also friendly and prompt. However, the food was sub-par and unimpressive. If you live in the area, I would check it out for a drink, but I would not go out of my way to go to Lord Hobo otherwise. Cambridge Brewery and Tommy Doyles near the Kendall Square Cinema both have better food and fairly good drinks.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Belmont, MA
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I have been here a few times before for just drinks. They have an amazing beer menu! This time i went for lunch. I had the fish and chips and they were delicious. The service was a little slow, but considering it looked like only one person was working the bar and the tables its understandable.

• Visited December 2011