“Good food, spotty service” 4 of 5 stars

(617) 441-2800
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Giulia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 542 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Harvard Square and Porter Square T stops
New York City, New York
“Good food, spotty service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

But I prefer to have good food over good service and lousy food. Our drinks were forgotten, we had to ask for bread twice, the food came out at different times but it was good farm to table Italian. Hopefully the server we had returned to the theatre and resumed her acting career.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place go here often but need to avoid the bar tender! Terri is horrible w a bad attitude and not friendly. Won't sit at the bar again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Carlisle, Massachusetts
“Excellent in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Aside from the hassle of driving to the restaurant from the west, the rest of the experience was wonderful. The menu, although not too extensive, had many interesting choices. We had a prosciutto appetizer and a raw tuna appetizer -- both beautiful to look at and delicious. For our mains, we had the wild boar pasta and a clam and tomato pasta dish- again both excellent. The seasonings for each plate were perfect and the array of tastes wonderful. Our waitress was very knowledgeable. We had one of the less expensive red wines, a Nero d'Avola and it was very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Note to management.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am writing this review to make a point to management on our bar tender Terri. I live in neighborhood so been to giulia 5 times already. I end up sitting at the bar as I don't have reservations. Terri has served our party all the time and I have to say, he is the rudest, condescending, unhelpful, bar tender I ever met. I love the restaurant and food but Terri either needs to change his attitude or leave. He makes unwelcoming comments and facial expressions that you wonder why you end up coming. I dread seeing him or be in close proximity of him. My party has said the same thing about him.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Seriously Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

So, this restaurant is the complete deal: unreal menu, warm service, fabulous cocktails and wine, and fine ambiance. We went here for dinner and found it to live up to every great review I'd read. I had the orchieta (sp?) with broccoli and sausage and other went for more adventurous fare. All in all, we found everything pitch perfect. You will need to make reservations ahead of time as this is now a fairly hot spot. It's worth the wait and the effort to get in. I wish I was there right now.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere