“Best thin pizza in town” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
West of Boston
“Best thin pizza in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had a bite to eat before our theater at A.R.T. and it was perfect. The atmosphere is fun, young and hip. The service was fine and the thin crust pizza was SO good. We will return so we can try some others on the menu.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“My Favorite Pizza.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been going to Cambridge 1. for years, and I never get sick of it. I love the potato pizza and the Roma tomatoes on the #1 are pleasing even to this finicky Italian palate. Ask for some dressed arugula to top your pizza, very good! The chili oil at the table is nice to sprinkle on, too. Great beer and wine options. Very friendly staff, and nice atmosphere. I always bring people from out of town here and they love it!

Visited March 2014
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Yummy pizzas!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love this place! They don't have a very big menu, just pizzas, pastas and salads This can be a good thing though - it makes it easier to pick out something. But so far, everything I've tried from Cambridge, 1 is delicious! The pizzas are very creative. I like the thin crust and the different combinations of ingredients that they use. I especially love the spinach and artichoke pizza. The wait staff are very friendly and we didn't have to wait too long for our order to come out. If you find yourself in Harvard square and need a quick bite, you should definitely try Cambridge, 1.

Visited December 2013
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The first time I visited Cambridge One, I let the hostess seat me at the bar; as I sat there in some dis-ease (I have back trouble) I noticed this was the fate of anyone dining alone, so on my second visit I asked for a 'real' table - the place was only 2/3 full - and she agreed, with the proviso that she would after a while seat others in the booth with me. I was happy with this compromise, though not overjoyed by their default treatment.

I only had pizzas - half pizzas, which are vast - and both were nice enough, in the thin style - one was billed as topped wiht steak, but really it was rare roast beef, woiht gorgonzola, and the other had more flavoursome topping, wiht potato and various cheeses. They were fine wihtout being in any way beyond fine and into dazzling. Service was prompt and pleasant. The room was warm and bare, so noisy.

Visited November 2013
Medway, Massachusetts
“Nice ambiance, less than average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Caught up with two friends before an evening ghost tour. This is not a place to linger and despite an assortment of pizza and choice of half or whole, pretty pedestrian for flavor. The pizza is razor thin, more like Passover matzoh, crispy and tasteless. The sopressata pizza was tasteless and the iceberg salad (should have known better) was a quarter-head wedge of lettuce over which a dressing was poured. There is only one dessert, tiramisu ice cream. Skip it; modest flavor but you can feel the ice crystals in your mouth from inadequate refrigeration during delivery or storage. Best thing, inexpensive and good service.

• Visited November 2013