“Court House Seafood Just Ok” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #114 of 538 restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Seafood
San Diego, CA
“Court House Seafood Just Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

On my recent trip back to Boston, I was craving seafood. Living in So Cal for 15 years, I truly do miss it. Yeah, we have seafood here, but it is just not as good.

Court House Seafood is in E. Cambridge-- a nice "gritty" area of the city, on E. Cambridge St. and a few blocks to the Court House. Lunch time brought in the "suits", cops, and other working locals on their lunch break.

I ordered the fried oyster plate--it came with french fries and a really tasty tartar sauce. The oysters were ok but they had been cooked beforehand, and you know how fried food gets IF it is not served immediately---a little chewey and oily. Disappointing because New Englanders should know this about clams and oysters with the bellies! My dining partner had "fish and chips" and I must say, I had a taste of her fish and it was cooked perfectly.

I would say the pricing was fair but seating difficult especially during lunch. They seemed to have a good "take-out" business and friendly "brisk" service in the old Boston manner.

All in all to be fair, I may go back again and just choose another menu item.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Eh, not impressed. The...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2008

Eh, not impressed. The clams in the clam chowder were a bit tough, though the crab cakes were good.