“Really disappointed!” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating
“Really disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We moved to the Boston area from Maryland and one of our favorite restaurants in MD was Bertucci's. On a recent trip to Harvard Square, we decided to have dinner at Bertucci's. We were really disappointed. Service was very poor. The place was really packed but that is no excuse for good service. If a restaurant knows they are a typically busy place on a Saturday night, then they should be well equipped for a large crowd. It didn't even seem like they were short handed because we had several servers through out the evening and none of them knew what was going on. There were 8 of us in my party and with the exception of one, me, the rest ordered pizza which was average. I ordered salmon which was really overcooked and I ordered asparagus and roasted vegetables. My dish came with potatoes and green beans which i could not eat due to allergies which i specified from the very beginning. When I told my server, he responded with, "your asparagus is being heated up!" WHAT? heated up? why? cause you forgot and it sat on a counter for 15 minutes? When I got my asparagus, i asked where were my roasted vegetables and the guy said, "i"ll be back!" By now everyone had finished their supper and I said forget about it. Now they did end up bringing them out to me in a to go box and they did deduct something from our bill. I think we won't be going back to this particular Bertucci's in the future!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I highly recomment it for italian food. I like their pizza and other specialities. They make such a great food food for good prices.

• Visited March 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Inexpensive, clean but some dishes can be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Went there for a business lunch with a colleague.

The bread rolls (no charge) served with olive oil was amazing and I had to stop myself from eating it all and ask for more.
We toke a side dish of mushrooms which was tasty and for our main dishes we ordered the Gratinati and the Bello Italiano (Grilled Portobello mushroom with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, baby field greens and basil mayo). The Gratinati was good (according to my colleague).
The Bello Italiano was passing, not more. The bread was oily and the Grilled Portobello mushroom was really cold. All in all I definitely enjoyed the place and will come back (especially for the amazing bread rolls) but I hope that next time the main dish would be prepared better

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Our standard for great pizza and pasta dishes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is a long-overdue review of an excellent chain of Italian restaurants. My only complaint is that their restaurants are so very far away from where we're now living in Florida!

The best Bertucci's we've experienced have been on Brattle Square in Cambridge, Mass and in downtown Lexington, Mass, each an oasis that we're always delighted to visit. I would normally get their Tuscan minestrone, thick and delicious, then if we were doing pizzas, my wife would tend to get a margherita while I varied from the quattro stagionni to the melanzane (eggplant). Yum.

But perhaps my favorite dish is their rigatoni abruzzi, made with roasted peppers and sweet Italian sausage. This, after trying many dishes from their extensive menu over the years. Our sons tend to split between the rigatoni abbruzzi and the pizzas.

For some reason, we've been happier with the smaller Bertucci's as they seem warmer, more intimate, with better service than, let's say, the large Bertucci's that can be found in cities like Boston where they do a significant volume but without that cozy hometown brick oven pizza ambiance that we love.

Highly recommended! So how about opening up in southern Florida, guys?

• Visited November 2010
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Great place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

After our tour of Harvard, we were just walking around looking for somewhere to have lunch and walked past Bertucci's and glad we did. Great food, good service and nice atmosphere. You wold be disappointed.

• Visited July 2011