“Great Italian Food” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I highly recomment it for italian food. I like their pizza and other specialities. They make such a great food food for good prices.

• Visited March 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Inexpensive, clean but some dishes can be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Went there for a business lunch with a colleague.

The bread rolls (no charge) served with olive oil was amazing and I had to stop myself from eating it all and ask for more.
We toke a side dish of mushrooms which was tasty and for our main dishes we ordered the Gratinati and the Bello Italiano (Grilled Portobello mushroom with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, baby field greens and basil mayo). The Gratinati was good (according to my colleague).
The Bello Italiano was passing, not more. The bread was oily and the Grilled Portobello mushroom was really cold. All in all I definitely enjoyed the place and will come back (especially for the amazing bread rolls) but I hope that next time the main dish would be prepared better

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Our standard for great pizza and pasta dishes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is a long-overdue review of an excellent chain of Italian restaurants. My only complaint is that their restaurants are so very far away from where we're now living in Florida!

The best Bertucci's we've experienced have been on Brattle Square in Cambridge, Mass and in downtown Lexington, Mass, each an oasis that we're always delighted to visit. I would normally get their Tuscan minestrone, thick and delicious, then if we were doing pizzas, my wife would tend to get a margherita while I varied from the quattro stagionni to the melanzane (eggplant). Yum.

But perhaps my favorite dish is their rigatoni abruzzi, made with roasted peppers and sweet Italian sausage. This, after trying many dishes from their extensive menu over the years. Our sons tend to split between the rigatoni abbruzzi and the pizzas.

For some reason, we've been happier with the smaller Bertucci's as they seem warmer, more intimate, with better service than, let's say, the large Bertucci's that can be found in cities like Boston where they do a significant volume but without that cozy hometown brick oven pizza ambiance that we love.

Highly recommended! So how about opening up in southern Florida, guys?

• Visited November 2010
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Great place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

After our tour of Harvard, we were just walking around looking for somewhere to have lunch and walked past Bertucci's and glad we did. Great food, good service and nice atmosphere. You wold be disappointed.

• Visited July 2011
Columbia
“Best meal and Perfect Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

The food can be good in Cambridge. On my recent trip it was very hit and miss. Except of course at Bertucci's. It was so tasty, I went back the next night. Best of all though, was my server - Brenda. Every other restaurant in Cambridge that I went to on this trip treated this lone diner as if she was invisible. Not at Bertucci's. Brenda was my server both nights. What a star. She was a delight! Give this lady a raise!!!!!! She made time on two very busy nights to make me feel welcomed and valued as a customer. I should have gone back a third night. Instead, I went to Grafton St. pub and had terrible service and average food.