“Excellent food & service, new decor” 5 of 5 stars

617-547-2938
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sunset Cafe Incorporated is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 554 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
De Smet, South Dakota
“Excellent food & service, new decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The food was very rich and delicious, and I'll definitely be back at some point due to the decent prices and good-sized portions.

I really think this place has come under new management, as the place has apparently been recently renovated. No tennis balls on chairs; the place was very clean with what looked like fresh paint and new decor; the guy who appeared to be the manager was very, very concerned about whether my girlfriend and I were enjoying our food as we were eating a bit slowly. This was because this was my first time trying many dishes, and I was savoring them!

I only have one gripe: There was a funky nursing-home smell when we came in. I'm not sure what it was, but either I got used to it or it was only in the entryway. I might have left if not for the Groupon I had bought. Fortunately, everything else about the place was good, so I see no reason to take off a point for something that they can (hopefully) easily fix, perhaps with a carpet steaming.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Underappreciated Portuguese cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I have found the food here consistently fine and a great value compared to other Portuguese restaurants in the area. Service is a little slow and the dining room could use updating.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Quincy, Massachusetts
“not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have been a few times. I didn't enjoy being there. Too crowded and loud..food just ok. Too pricey for the quality. don't try calamari either..frozen and all breading, greasy.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
kearny, nj
“Very disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Food - ok; service - awful. There were 2 large groups that evening. Waitstaff did the best they could but were overwhelmed. Manager kept disappearing leaving the staff to fend for themselves and to bear the brunt of the customers' complaints. The place was also very dirty and in dire need of updating. Woudn't eat there again.

• Visited May 2011