“Stuffed!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Essex
“Stuffed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We found this place on route to the Harvard Student Tour. We decided to eat in Cambridge rather than Boston figuring we'd find some cheap eats being a student town... we weren't expecting the food to be this good though!

We were promptly presented with the two largest diet cokes in history and a huge basket of nachos and salsa. Delicious. I ordered the beef quesadilla with a side of guacamole and sour cream and couldn't get even halfway through! My husband had enchiladas which were equally yummy. The portions are big enough to share if you're only looking for a light lunch.

The best bit was the bill - we had eaten to the point where we could hardly move and all for the bargain price of about $25 including tip.

This is a great little cafe - really bright and fun with a good atmosphere. I can imagine it's a good hang out for students or those on a night out. Great food, good service and cheap as anything.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Fun atmosphere, so-so food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I like Border Café and would like to give it a better rating. It's a fun sort of place that gives me a kind of nostalgic feeling somehow. It's huge inside, with seating at ground level and downstairs. It's loud and therefore a good place to go with a big group.

The problem is that I feel the food is somewhat too American, and is far from the best Mexican I've had.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Butare, Rwanda
“You Can Get Mexican Anywhere...But You Should Get It Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I didn't actually go in May 2012. It's been years, possibly 8 since I've been. They took us two years in a row on Spanish field trips in high school. Man, were the French students jealous...and they had good reason to be. This is a solid Mexican restaurant. The burritos, as I recall, are huge and delicious. Tacos are good, fajitas, enchiladas...it's all good. I've never even tasted the margarita. Now I want to. Maybe when I am home to visit I'll hit this place up. It's actually right by Veggie Planet, and next to Fire and Ice. If you were with a huge party, you could even split up, because you just can't go wrong here in Harvard Square.

Visited May 2012
Albany
“Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Good Tex-Mex food. Enjoyed beef fajitas with a bottle of Dos Equis Amber. They easily accommodated our party of twelve on a busy Saturday afternoon. I have this one bookmarked.

Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“crowded, noisy but good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went there several times. I like the food and beer, place if often packed and noisy, prices are OK. Would recommend this but it is not very special.