“Funky grill restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
East Coast Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 554 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Prospect St
Transit: Cambridge St @ Prospect St (69) Cambridge St @ Hampshire St (69) Cambridge St @ Springfield St (69)
Boston, Massachusetts
“Funky grill restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Food was superb though prices on the upside. Environment was cozy. Bar excellent, raw clams superb. Service excellent. Will go again there with friends.

Visited February 2012

“My Favorite Restaurant - Anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I wonder it's possible to objectively evaluate a restaurant that you've been to over many years, mostly for special events, or good friends in town? But that's what I was asked about today - "what's your favorite restaurant"?

I would not claim this restaurant has the "best food" in Cambridge, nor that it is on some cutting edge. I would argue the value is excellent, that neither myself nor my guests have ever had less than a great meal. The food is simple, the tastes intense; service nearly always excellent.

I have taken BBQ fans, vegetarians, seafood people; everyone finds something they enjoy in these categories.

I have been a customer since they opened, seen chefs rise through it and start their own places, probably even had the same waitresses many times. For what it's worth, I think there's a spirit to the place that transcends the food; there are those who argue that the strength is seafood rather than BBQ (what brings me back). But the Damn Good Fries are just that, Hell Night is for those who know their Scoville Units (and thus not for everyone, especially those with native New England palettes).

I have been and continue to be a fan. The place makes me happy. Some nights - indeed, most nights - that's the most important thing. That's why I go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
cambridge
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love this restaurant. Everything they serve, from oysters and seared tuna, to pulled pork and ribs, is absolutely delicious. The servers are always friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere is great. I've never had a bad meal at the East Coast Grill!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“No as good as expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My team had dinner at ECG Tuesday night after finding it on Yelp.
We all sampled the ribs and found them very dry and tough. My colleague ordered a side of beans and described them as not fully cooked and the texture was too firm to tollerate.
I had the BBQ Smoked Chicken and a single rib. The chicken was drizzled in a spicey sauce. I thought it was good tasting, but dry. I doubt we would go back again.

Service was good and prompt.

The Cambridge Pumpkin Ale is not that great too malty. It was more of an earthy saison.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Oh man Hell Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

So good. The food was wicked spicy, the decor and music were cool. But best of all, the food was just awesome, spicy and delicious. I am definitely coming back here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere