“Maybe a good place for students on budget, nothing more than that” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le's

Le's
36 JFK Street, Cambridge, MA 02238 (Formerly Pho Pasteur)
617 864 4100
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #140 of 501 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch
Tenafly, New Jersey
“Maybe a good place for students on budget, nothing more than that”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The restaurant was very noisy to the degree that we could hardly hear our counterparts sitting at the other side of the table. The hostess was not too welcoming and the rest of the service was practical but not more than that. The food itself was pretty bland, not sure whether this was our poor dish selectio but this was consistent with all the different dishes we ordered. No plans of coming back

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Underhill, Vermont
“Be hungry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Met up with family in Harvard Square for lunch. My Sister recommended Le's and off we went. The place was busy, but our group of 5 was seated right away at a great table. Our waitress came with water after 3-4 minutes and was ready to take our order, well if you're a regular and know what you want that amount of time might be fine, but it's quite a varied menu and when we asked for a few more minutes we got 10+. When we tried to flag her down she ignored us and even got into it with the manager. Not sure what her issue was maybe had too many tables already? Soon after we got a new friendly waiter and ordered up. The food was terrific! Pho was good, the broth was amazing. All portions were huge. The bill for 5 of us came out to about $12 ea which I thought was fair for the portion size.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Tisbury, Massachusetts
“just what I wanted”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

In Cambridge on business I wanted something different for lunch, and Le's provided a noodle bowl that hit the spot. It was a hot day so I didn't opt for pho (as did a young Asian man near me). The accompaniments to the noodles I ordered--roast pork, egg roll, grilled shrimp--were all good, as were the fresh bean sprouts and other veggies. Service was attentive but not intrusive. The one less than excellent part of the meal was the avocado smoothie, which lacked a true avocado taste. All it had was the color.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Geneva, Switzerland
“Bland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a very disappointing meal there, everything was bland. It ended up being our cheapest meal in the US because we could not wait to get out of there, so as soon as we had calmed our hunger, we left. We would not recommend it.

Visited June 2013
Haverford, Pennsylvania
“Good Solid Vietnamese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We met a friend for lunch in Cambridge and she suggested Le's.
It's an open restaurant off a shopping mall in the center of Cambridge (great location).
The wait staff was friendly and quick. There was no waiting or looking for a server. They were attentive throughout the meal.
I had my favorites - a nice shrimp summer roll and my favorite vermicelli salad with fried spring rolls on the top. Both were cooked perfectly and tasted great. I was really happy with my meal here in every sense. Good lunch choice in Cambridge if you have a hankering for Vietnamese food!

• Visited June 2013