“a top notch hotel with excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Parking Package
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“a top notch hotel with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2005

I stayed at the Marlowe while on business for a week in March. I often stay at other Kimpton Group hotels and this was the best I've experienced so far. It's a new building so everything is modern and clean (unlike some of their lower rated hotels in San Francisco, that are hit and miss). The room was beautiful and very comfortable. Kimpton really know how to go the extra mile to keep their customers happy. Housekeeping was the best I've ever experienced! The location next to the mall is good, though I didn't have the opportunity to shop. Self parking was very convenient and reasonably priced. I didn't have chance to try the restaurant. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed March 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2005

You must stay at the Hotel Marlowe if you are planning a visit to the Boston area! The service is fantastic, and the facility is spotlessly clean. I am a housekeeping manager at a hotel, and I notice the little details. The gentleman who delivered our room service even offered to arrange a wake-up call for the next morning. The theme of this Kimpton hotel is "discover", and we discovered a superb establishment!

The amenities are very nice. They include an umbrella in the closet, free high speed internet in each room, and coffee and tea with a coffee maker (among many other things). We received turndown service each night which included a card with the next day's weather forecast. The bed is also very comfortable. The wine reception each evening was a nice touch as well. A very short walk through the parking garage will take you to the Cambridgeside Mall which is convenient for the food court (rather small) and shops. The food in Bambara was a bit overpriced for the offerings so we skipped it. We later found out the room service is the same food, and it was simply mediocre.

We stayed for six nights, and we only paid $92 per night through Expedia for a courtyard view the last week of March. To get around, we purchased a seven-day pass for the "T" which offered unlimited trips on the subway and buses. It was $16.50. I also recommend purchasing the CityPass which gives you access to six different attractions/museums for a significant discount. It cost us about $37 each.

• Stayed March 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2005

Extremely clean. Loved the morning paper and chocolates on the pillows. Staff members were very helpful. Will definitely come back one day.

• Stayed September 2004
Suresnes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2005

My company booked me there for the first time in january, whereas we are used to the Mariott Long Wharf, which I find quite desagreable.
It was a very very good surprise, on all aspects. A party of 4 colleagues, we turned up an evening in snowfalls, after a transatlantic flight, quite tired. The valet parking attendant was a little bit reluctant to get out, so I left the car right in front of the door.
The check-in went on very smoothly and very fast. I had a nice KB Deluxe on a high floor with a view. The decor is a bit unexpected, from european standards, with the faux leopard everywhere, including the carpet and the robe). We were all SO surprised with the robe, that we wanted to take a picture of us all in a corridor, but did not do it.
The KB was extremely comfortable, I would say very close to Westin's heavenly bed. Room and bathroom were both very clean and well attended, with an efficient evening turndown, nice amenities. Curtains provided with a real black-out. Could have used a couple more bath towels, which I found scarce, but I like to use a lot.
My main criticism, but it is a small one : real lack of drawers and shelves to store your belongings, and I did carry a lot of them, being only there for two nights.
Nice breakfast, although I must stay the staff was not even close to be as nice and efficient than their colleagues at front desk.
Would recommend, and will be glad to return.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2005

I am new to the whole Kimpton property aspect, so this was a unique hotel experience. With the (faux) animal skin robes, floors, and bedcovers, the room certainly wasn't boring. And, it was very, very clean. The staff, with one exception, was outrageously friendly, and the amenties,(complimentary) wine at night and coffee in the morning, were quite nice. The location is a drawback, unless you like a mall experience (hotel is connected to the Galleria mall in Cambridge.) The temps were frigid while we were there and walking to and from the T stop at Kendall Square was a haul. Also, coming back from dinner at night, the streets were deserted - was quite uncomfortable with the walk in the dark with my son. In retrospect, a cab would have been in order. However, on a spring day - I'd go for it. There is a shuttle that runs between the mall and T, but only runs during the day.

All in all, I'd return to this hotel. Other than the $4 a glass orange juice in the morning, this hotel was a bargain for what we paid (about $140/nt). Oh yes, pet friendly - lots of well-behaved dogs roaming about.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2005

I booked a week at Hotel Marlowe after finding the hotel on tripadvisor. Everything was right about this hotel: lovely rooms, friendly staff, and next to the Cambridgeside Mall and the Science Museum. Downtown Boston was a 20 minute walk (even after heavy snow) or a short bus ride. Will I return? Certainly!!
(Worthing, England)

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2005

Stayed at the Marlowe for 4 nights on a business trip- everything was PERFECT. Clean, stylish rooms, super-comfortable beds, high-speed internet service, good lighting, excellent staff. I spend a lot of time on the road and this hotel is by far one of the best I've stayed in. The restaurant downstairs is excellent, the bar scene is great after work and there is a fitness room onsite. I will certainly return again!

Been to Hotel Marlowe - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!