“Hotel Marlowe, great location in Cambridge, Ma” 4 of 5 stars

Take a "Brake"
Ranked #1 of 17 hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersGold level
Connecticut
“Hotel Marlowe, great location in Cambridge, Ma”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel is situated in a very convenient location , close to MIT and the mall in Cambridge. Not sure about their "pet friendly" policy as it left me wondering how many pets had stayed in our room and how well they are cleaned after every guest...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

1,177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Saratoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I find the staff cares and the rooms are clean. Also a good gym and nice breakfast. Front desk people went out of their way to give me directions and options. Also like the fact the hotel is close to a shopping mall.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
San Carlos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Hotel Marlowe is a fun hotel with a great manager's wine reception, friendly employees, and comfortable rooms. Our room on the top floor was quiet, which is always a plus. The only thing I'd change is the super large (way too high) pillows that were on our bed. I love that this hotel is dog friendly and that the hotel is ideally located to most of Cambridge. It's our second stay here and I'd come back again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed three days for sightseeing. Unfortunately the first day was terrible weather. BUT we had a good time even the weather since the hotel is connected to a Mall and the hotel served Wine-hour by free. It's amazing!!! Of course, it's very good location to go to any place in Boston, very clean, and best service they have. Only one thing I'd like to request was that more hard mattress is better for me.
Except for that, I can strongly recommend staying the hotel for sightseeing in Boston!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

All the rave reviews this hotel has received are definitely accurate in my opinion. I've traveled a good amount for business and used to live in Cambridge, so it was fun to come back and try out this hotel. At first I thought the location was a bit too distant from Kendall Square but it's really only 10 minutes' walk on a nice day. It was definitely up to the Kimpton standard and I was impressed with the friendly staff and immaculate premises. The only fault I could find was that there were no coffee makers in the room, but there is lots of complimentary joe in the hotel lobby downstairs.

The best thing about this trip was that after I checked out and went to the office I was working from that day (with a flight later in the afternoon), I realized I'd left my phone at the hotel. With one quick call, the concierge Justin had it sent over to me! I couldn't believe it! I was dreading having to miss out on a meeting to go back to the hotel to retrieve the phone (I was only in town for 2 days total) so it was such a relief when Justin cheerfully agreed to help me out. Amazing. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice and quiet!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located. About a 10min walk from the subway. You can also walk to the back bay area in 20-30mins. There is a mall next door attached to the hotel. Parking is underground and easy to access. The hotel is clean and pet friendly but did not smell of pets which is good. The rooms are quiet and our view was of the inside courtyard. The room was missing extra few drawers, especially if you're a couple. Our stuff seem to be piled onto the chair. The decor is nice, somewhat exotic. The staff is extremely helpful and professional. We booked on Priceline "name your price" and it was much more affordable than the hotels in the back bay area. We were just accross the bridge from that area. The hotel gym has modern equipment and is located on the 8th floor. It's not very big but is a decent size with everything you need.

Fort Lee, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

First of all...the bed here is amazing. The pillow top is a dream and it could be a problem because you may never want to get out of bed.
Other than the amazing bed, the hotel is very clean and pleasant. Great location and the self-park/valet options are reasonable for a city and really convenient (Just be sure to call down for your car about 10 minutes before you're ready to leave).
The food at the hotel is better than average american hotel dining, but nothing extraordinary. But, given the location, you have plenty of places to choose from.

When you get your confirmation, they ask you to send a photo of your family, loved one or pet and they will put it in your room so you feel like you are at home. I thought that was really original and a great surprise for my husband, who had no idea that our beloved kitty would be in our room waiting for him! :)

Also, the hotel is pet-friendly and they have water bowls and dog treats for your four-legged friend. Definitely a pleasant stay and I would recommend it for sure.

We were there for a wedding, so we did have a room-block rate, so I can't really speak for the regular pricing. The room-block rate was pretty normal city pricing for a good hotel.

Room Tip: Courtyard view rooms face the valet parking area. So, I would go with the river-view rooms. We had a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Marlowe - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!