“Only Hotel we stay at in Boston area.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Take a "Brake"
Ranked #1 of 17 hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersGold level
“Only Hotel we stay at in Boston area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Superb treatment as soon as we pull in. Its our place to getaway from kids/work, for a weekend. Nice rooms, great staff, and worth the extra money for the upscale decor. Only if they had a pool and jacuzzi could it be better.

• Stayed May 2013

1,178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hotel Marlowe is the nicest, most dog-friendly hotel I have ever stayed. The room was clean and comfortable (really comfy bed and pillows). The staff was extremely nice and helpful. I have stayed at many Kimpton hotels and love everyone of them. Hotel Marlowe is definitely my favorite. They are so kind to dogs. I have seen big dogs walking around the lobby. They took my dog to walk when the maid was cleaning the room. The only place the dog can't go are the restaurant areas, which I completely understand it. The staff were just so sweet and nice. It was such a great experience to stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

i explored many hotel options while planning a trip to Cambridge and I kept going back to the Hotel Marlowe website due to the online reviews. Little did I know what an excellent choice it would be.
My son was accepted to Harvard and we traveled out here to tour the campus and to help solidify his decision. We ended up booking different flights but we were due to land at BOS twenty minutes apart which happened to be 11:35pm. But when my flight from Oklahoma was delayed i missed my connecting flight and I had to stay the night in Detroit while my son arrived in Boston very late at night.
I called the front desk at Hotel Marlowe when I realized I was not going to make it in that night and I was more than a little panicked not knowing if my son could check in without me. I spoke to a gentleman named Paul and he made sure that everything would be taken care of and they would get my son in the room as soon as he arrived.
The level of customer service was above and beyond and our experience with Hotel Marlowe was exemplary! This will be my go to place to stay when visiting my son.

• Stayed April 2013
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights on personal recommendations from friends and loved our first experience of a Kimpton hotel. A special mention to all the staff as they were so friendly & helpful and went the extra mile to advise.

The king view rooms are spacious & comfortable and we had free wifi and $10 credit in the mini bar as we signed up to the loyalty scheme in advance.

There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room but it is available free in the lobby each morning.

We attended the wine tasting on our second day where free wine, beer, juice & snacks were a great afternoon pick-me-up.

The mall next door was handy as you can enter by the adjoining car park if it's raining. We ate at PF Changs one night & the Cheesecake Factory the second night & can recommend both.

The subway station is 10-15 mins walk & then a short ride to Boston city centre for $5 return. We only had one day to explore Boston but it is a truly beautiful city and we look forward to returning.

Room Tip: I am allergic to dogs so we requested a non-pet room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I'm a huge fan of the Kimpton Hotel chain, and this hotel's exceptional service, unique decor, and restaurant are all on par with Kimpton standards. The room was pleasantly large with a King size bed, yet the room still felt cozy and provided a comfortable stay. Our view was of the interior courtyard; if given the choice I recommend requesting an exterior room if possible. The Internet was fast (and free as a rewards member), evening wine reception tasty, and the restaurant delicious.

The subway ("T") was a 10-15 minute walk, certainly not unbearable but the days we were there just happened to be quite chilly. It's a quick trip to Harvard Square or anywhere in Boston if traveling on the Subway. Additionally, a mall is just around the corner & offers plenty of shopping and dining options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed on this hotel for three nights on a business trip and the greatest regret was not having my wife with me....the hotel was great and the service impeccable...The bed was comfortable, the shower warm and the towels soft...

Room Tip: My room wa in a corner with a wiev to a park, great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Got a deal at PP. Greeted by a lovely fireplace when walk into the hotel and everything was just WOW! Very friendly and nice staff too. Got a room facing east with the little lake and lovely spring flowers. Large, comfortable bed and nice curtain ensured nice sleep. Will definitely come back again!

Now some cons:

1. You need to register to get a free wireless in the room. The register is free, though, it is just a little extra effort you need to do to eliminate the $12 wireless fee.

2. Fridge is a bit noisy, although not interrupting my sleep, but it is really something not very nice when every other thing in the room is great. Also there are a lot of beverages in the fridge. While this is convenient when the weather is awful and you don't want to go out to buy food, it is so full that you almost have no room to put your own food.

BTW: besides two T-stop 5 and 15min away, there is a hubway stop (bike rental) just one block west of the hotel. If you want to go to the MIT T-stop in a faster way, you can grab a bike there and ride it to the T-stop (there is another hubway stop over there).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Marlowe - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!