“Great Cambridge hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Yardley, Pennsylvania, USA
“Great Cambridge hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 nights. The room was comfortable and well decorated. The service was outstanding. There is a $30 a night charge for valeting your car though, so be aware. We did not try the restaurant as we were visiting family in the area. We highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Charles River. Nice to wake up to in the morning.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michal P, Manager at Hotel Marlowe - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hello NJshe!

It is too bad you missed out on the Bambara our restaurant. It is nice to see we were able to help you enjoy your three nights with us! We just like to make sure you are as comfortable as possible, glad we could help!!

See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I love Kimpton properties and the Hotel Marlowe does not disappoint. Great staff, cool lobby, nice rooms and bathrooms. And they take dogs! My only complaints are that the restaurant is so-so and the website is a bit misleading on location. I am not familiar with Cambridge and relied on the website description of the "fascinating and easy" walk to Harvard - it would take an hour. So, many cabs later. . . .
My bad, should have checked the maps more closely. Close to Boston, easy run to the airport, great property. Will stay there again when I am in the area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello travelplan24,

Of course we take dogs...we will take cats and whatever other pet you can manage in your room! We are close to Harvard, but it is not a short walk; it would be more of a cab ride; however, with the nicer weather coming our way it could be a nice walk if you are up for it!

Thank you!
Lanark, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Marlowe hotel and found it to be of a very high quality especially the staff and doormen who were excellent.The rooms are very comfortable well maintained and equipped.The restaurant facilities are a little like an American booth diner but serve good food and are well staffed.My main gripe was with the taxi cab drivers who park in the hotel forecourt.I had occasion to use these cabs twice and was taken for a ride literally.Most drivers have no knowledge of addresses which are not to the airport or local attractions and are not equipped with sat navs so beware.I think the hotel management should vet the cab companies who are allowed to ply for hire on their property to prevent this occuring.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello rufuschuckabutty,

Thank you for the review! The cab drivers in Boston/Cambridge can be hit or miss and we usually do get good ones in the cab stand in the courtyard. Outside of Cambridge's cab drivers I am very happy you enjoyed your stay!

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Hotel Marlowe is one of those places I love returning to every time my travels take me to Boston. The doormen and front desk are welcoming, rooms spacious and quiet, and nearly anything I could need is within walking distance. (It should be said that Bambara, the hotel restaurant, could be better, but I'll address that in a restaurant review and not in evaluating the hotel.)

On this particular trip, I accidentally left my corporate credit card in DFW and had to order a new one. I'd left word with the front desk to expect a package. That morning, I checked with them and they said no, but the attentive concierge heard my question, raced back to the loading dock, and brought me my package. It's those kinds of examples of gong the extra mile that keep me coming back and make this hotel stand out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michal P, Manager at Hotel Marlowe - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Hello RoverFish!

Thank you for continuing to return on your travels! If we had to we would go an actual extra mile, luckily for us the loading dock is not that far! I am happy the concierge was able to get you item quickly for you!

I hope to see you soon!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great stay, good meeting rooms and friendly staff. Was there with a small 100 person conference. all liked it. Would have liked a coffee maker in the room but there was some in the lobby. Next time I'm bringing my dog ! Yup allowed pets.

• Stayed March 2013
Hello ibetonyou,

A small 100 person conference, that's not too small! Next time when you bring your dog feel free to ask for a coffee maker and we will send on right up!

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I recently returned from a 10 night stay at the Hotel Marlowe. The hotel is smart and clean and my room was very comfortable. The best thing about this hotel, though, is its staff. They were consistently warm and friendly, while remaining highly efficient and helpful. An extremely well-run hotel which I would heartily recommend to others.

Hello Simon292,

Thank you for all of the kind words! I will definitely be sharing this with everyone here. I hope you get to relax at home after your long travels, but if you do have to hit the road your home-away-from-home awaits you!

King George, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just a quick story to demonstrate how dedicated they were to having me as a customer. It was 11:45 at night and my 'neighbors' were still quite loud (a gaggle of teenage girls I believe) so I called downstairs and asked them to talk with them about it. Long-story short it wasn't the best night dealing with these neighbors but the next day I came back into my room only to find some drinks and snacks with a personal handwritten note apologizing for my negative experience.

The rest of the hotel was really good and on par with the price of the place.

Hi presidentsdaddy!

Sorry about the gaggle of teenage girls that kept you up! We knew that must have been annoying and thought you would enjoy the drinks, a few more and maybe you would have forgotten all about the previous night! I kid, I am glad you enjoyed the drinks!

We hope to see you soon for a quieter night!

Been to Hotel Marlowe - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!