“AWESOME FRONT DESK STAFF” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Cambridge
Hooksett, New Hampshire, United States
“AWESOME FRONT DESK STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The front desk staff here are some of the finest there are. GREAT CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE. I had to stay for a business convention at the Hynes Convention Center (5 miles)- I took the T in to the area avoiding the traffic, each morning the hotel had a breakfast that was a great start and each and every time I had a request or question the staff went out of their way to be helpful- I would have stayed closer in the city and probably had paid more, however the staff here made suggestions about saving on travel time by the T being across the street. If you are traveling for business I would highly recoomend this hotel and take the T in to Boston is a much easier plan getting around. The staff here are some of the finest in the business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Nicholas H:

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your recent visit to the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge.

We're thrilled you enjoyed your visit and most especially our wonderful team! We're very lucky to have a fantastic team committed to providing our guests with an exceptional stay.

We look forward to your return visits and thank you again for your kind words.

Lisa M. O'Neil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I were in Cambridge for a wedding and decided to stay at the Hampton Inn as we like this chain. Seemed like an older Hampton but still excellent all around. The room was very clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that the breakfast area was rather crowded and busy, and it took a little bit of time to find a seat. But the breakfast selection was excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Voizera A:

Thank you for your recent review of the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge.

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit and would like to let you know we have just completed the renovations on our breakfast/lobby area and have added more seating for our guest's comfort.

We hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to the Boston/Cambridge area.

Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

. . . that means there is no business center available, and you'll have to beg the desk clerk to let you print your boarding pass. I'm sure it will be fine once their construction is done, but since I didn't see "lobby under construction" as being synonymous with "can't print your boarding pass," I thought guests planning a stay in early 2013 might want to know.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear alixwrites:

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the disruption our construction caused you and for the hassle you had with printing your boarding pass. Our staff is more than happy to assist with printing any documents our guests may need.
We apologize if our renovation plans were not made clear to you at the time of booking and we will work to ensure our guests are better informed moving forward. We hope to have another chance to show you the quality service and amenities you deserve, should you return to our area in the future.

Palm Harbor, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is my clear choice while in the Boston/Cambridge area.
The hotel is geographically convenient to both Boston and Logan Airport.

What makes the biggest difference is the service is impeccable and the staff really tries to make your stay comfortable.
The only negative is there is no restaurants very close. There is a mall that has good dining within a 15 minute walk, but nearly all requires at least a 10 minute drive. Not a big deal, but it is what it is and it certainly doesnt cause me to ever not consider to return.
I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond Member and wholeheartedly endorse this hotel; Kudos to both the staff and management.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Jeff C:

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your recent visit to the Hampton Inn Cambridge.

We appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled to hear you enjoy our hotel. We look forward to your future visits with us.

Mass., USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our room was clean and the beds comfortable. Not the most elegant Hampton Inn, I have stayed in, but the staff was friendly and the rate was right. The gym has one bike, three treadmills and one elliptical a large screen TV and a water fountain. Good size breakfast area serving a good breakfast from 6-10 a.m. Something for every taste at breakfast. Free, secure parking (at least if you don't have a huge SUV) in the underground garage.
Across the street from Lechmere T station for quick access to downtown Boston and other points along the T routes.
When I compared other hotels and added in their extras for parking and breakfast, other hotels could not compare in terms of bang for your buck.

Room Tip: request rooms away from elevators. Higher up rooms may have less street noise. However, I stayed o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear dsheridanq:

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge. We appreciate your feedback!

We are in the process of updating our lobby and fitness center to better enhance our guest's stay. We hope you will come visit to see the final improvements on the Perfect Mix Lobby and JumpStart Fitness Center. We're sure you'll love the transformation.

Burlington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I recently stayed here for one night with my boyfriend as we were traveling to the area for a Celtics game this past weekend. I have to admit that I was a little weary of staying here due to the ongoing construction in the lobby that was noted on their website and after reading a few other reviews on here. I went ahead and booked it anyways though as it was only for one night and I figured it couldn't be too bad -- I'm certainly glad that I did! It was a great stay.

The gentleman who checked me in was very polite and professional. Check-in was friendly and efficient! He also let me know that they had upgraded us to a king deluxe room due to the fact that I had noted a request for a king size bed in my reservation (as opposed to the doubles that were all that was available when I originally booked). We very much appreciated that, thank you! :)

We were on the 7th (top) floor, facing the street, and had no problems with noise from outside or from rooms next door. The room was updated, clean and comfortable. Everything you'd expect at a Hampton.

A quick walk across the street and a 5 minute T ride got us right outside of TD Garden via the green line. Excellent perk!

Beyond that - internet, parking and breakfast were all complimentary! One of the reasons that I decided to stay at this hotel vs one in the heart of Boston. All great amenities that you are more than likely not able to come by if you stay in downtown Boston. Maybe one of them, certainly not all three! Since there is a T stop right across the street, no need to drive into Boston and pay for parking there either. Overall, this hotel is a great alternative to staying in Boston and a very quick T ride will get you where you need to go. Definitely worth it if you ask me!!

As for that supposed construction? We didn't even see any. Nothing was going on in the lobby when we got there (around 4:30 pm) and we didn't notice any in the morning either. The lobby was actually rather empty and open, so I'd imagine the bulk of the construction aspect that previous reviewers mentioned is done by now.

We will most definitely be back to this hotel when visiting Boston in the future, and look forward to seeing the lobby improvements! Thanks for a great stay at such a convenient location! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear KristaLeeH:

Thank you for taking the time to post such a thoughtful, thorough review of your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge. We're thrilled you enjoyed your visit as well as our hotel.

Yes, the lobby is still under renovation, with the majority of actual construction nearing completion. We're so excited for the changes it will bring for our guests!

We can't wait for you to see it on your next visit to the Boston/Cambridge area.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

So I stayed here recently and I have to say that the front desk staff is okay.
Nothing really special....just kind of blah I guess.
Also the day I arrived for some odd reason I think they were doing construction in the main lobby I guess I can't be sure though.
They didnt have furniture in the lobby and there was construction workers walking in and out so I guess they were.
The housekeeping isn't that great to be honest it was kind of hit or miss. There were some days they wouldn't clean the room and then I had to call and it would get done. Even one day when I did call it didn't get done which was fine in a way because I just needed teh trash taken out.
Then I believe the second night we were there the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate the building. None of the employees told us where to go or why it was going off or even if it was a mistake??
So there was no real direction! Turns out someone heated something they werent suppose to in the microwave and thats why it went off.
The breakfast in the mornings was good it changed daily which was nice they had pastries and bagels and then juice or cold cereal also some oatmeal.
So it was nice to start the day off with something in your stomach before you started the day.
The hours for it is 6am-10am.
Overall the hotel was a place to sleep had nice firm beds, good breakfast the service wasn't that great.
So I guess if you want a service based place this isnt it. BUT...if you need just some breakfast and a room to sleep in this is great.
The rate here definetly is a good point also.
Just way the pro's and con's

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear NIC0_91:

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge. We appreciate your feedback. Comments such as yours are vital to our continued success.

We hope you will return to experience our brand new Perfect Mix Lobby should your travels bring you back to our area.

Lisa M. O'Neil

Been to Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge? Share your experiences!