“Good Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Cambridge
Orlando, Florida
“Good Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

So I stayed here recently and I have to say that the front desk staff is okay.
Nothing really special....just kind of blah I guess.
Also the day I arrived for some odd reason I think they were doing construction in the main lobby I guess I can't be sure though.
They didnt have furniture in the lobby and there was construction workers walking in and out so I guess they were.
The housekeeping isn't that great to be honest it was kind of hit or miss. There were some days they wouldn't clean the room and then I had to call and it would get done. Even one day when I did call it didn't get done which was fine in a way because I just needed teh trash taken out.
Then I believe the second night we were there the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate the building. None of the employees told us where to go or why it was going off or even if it was a mistake??
So there was no real direction! Turns out someone heated something they werent suppose to in the microwave and thats why it went off.
The breakfast in the mornings was good it changed daily which was nice they had pastries and bagels and then juice or cold cereal also some oatmeal.
So it was nice to start the day off with something in your stomach before you started the day.
The hours for it is 6am-10am.
Overall the hotel was a place to sleep had nice firm beds, good breakfast the service wasn't that great.
So I guess if you want a service based place this isnt it. BUT...if you need just some breakfast and a room to sleep in this is great.
The rate here definetly is a good point also.
Just way the pro's and con's

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear NIC0_91:

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge. We appreciate your feedback. Comments such as yours are vital to our continued success.

We hope you will return to experience our brand new Perfect Mix Lobby should your travels bring you back to our area.

450 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located close to the subway, restaurants and shopping. Walking right into boston is also very convenient. The rooms are nice, the breakfast was very good too. It def is a cheaper alternative than staying in boston!

• Stayed July 2012
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear GARY01453:

Thank you for such a thoughtful, thorough review of your recent Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge visit! We love hearing how professional and helpful our staff is, and I'm glad that you found your accommodations clean and comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Poor location, old building, under renovation, breakfast room more of a dirty chaotic cupboard, rooms old, small, dark, noisy, too cold or too hot, not good value, unfriendly staff, ugly area. What can I say, apart from that, great!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear PWG63:

We’re very sorry we didn’t provide you with the high quality of amenities and service you expected during your recent stay at our hotel. As you noted, we are currently undergoing renovations to improve our guests experience and we apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort this may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again and be one of the first to experience our new and improved Perfect Mix Lobby.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Booked for one night during Thanksgiving week. The place stated lobby would be going under remodel during this time but OMG!! The place was a disaster! Literally jackhammering in the lobby with ceramic pieces flying around and so loud I couldn't hear the poor front desk people yelling across the desk to me! The reason I am rating it average is even though I think Hilton should have DEFINITELY closed this hotel during a MAJOR remodel/reconstruction - the employees at the front desk were so polite, apologetic and helpful that you couldn't help but smile. They were in the dust and mess along with the guests and, obviously, they did NOT get to decide to keep the hotel open so why blame them? The breakfast area was COLD and dusty with very little selection and seating. You didn't even WANT to stay for the breakfast and the construction workers kept the back door open which was right next to this 'breakfast area'. Honestly, I expect more - MUCH MORE - from my stays with Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Don't book until the hotel confirms that the DESTRUCTION is over!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear MaryRN66:

Thank you for your recent review of the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge.

Yes, the entire first floor of our hotel is currently under complete renovation and we're excited about the changes it will bring to our hotel! The beginning of 2013 will bring the Perfect Mix Lobby and Jump Start Fitness to our hotel and we're thrilled to be able to offer these to our guests!

We have made every effort to notify our guests and potential guests of the construction with the information posted on our brand webpage, on all third party reservation sites and it is also highlighted on all confirmation emails that are sent to our confirmed guests. We have also limited the begin and end time for any noise construction (it cannot begin before 10 am or last after 7pm). We realize this is not an ideal situation, however, we have also assisted guests with finding alternate accommodations when their expectations have been different than what we have communicated.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit.

East Woodstock, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently stay at this hotel to attend a business meeting I had at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, MA. I choose the hotel due to the fact that it was only two (2) stops on the MBTA Green Line to the Garden. Upon entering the hotel I found the staff to be very helpful and accomodating. My room was clean and the parking conenient. The breakfast in the morning was good also. The price was reasonable. In fact the only reason I gave this hotel an average rating is the room looked very dated. It look as if the furniture needs to be updated. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needs to stay in Boston without paying the downtown Boston prices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Good location by T stop, complimentary breakfast and free parking. Good base for exploring Cambridge, Beacons Hill/USS Constitution and downtown Boston. Only 10 min cab ride from airport. Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012
Beaufort, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went to Boston in September for my friends wedding. We made it into a mini-vacation and had a great time. The hotel was very convenient to the T and had free parking. I thought the breakfast was great. I don't need anything fancy and there were tons of choices! We love it there and will keep that on the list. We got a great deal on the hotel and will be staying there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Longano:

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your recent visit to the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge.

We truly appreciate your feedback and thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Lisa M. O'Neil

Been to Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge? Share your experiences!