“Hilton should have closed for construction!!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Weekend
Ranked #8 of 17 hotels in Cambridge
“Hilton should have closed for construction!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Booked for one night during Thanksgiving week. The place stated lobby would be going under remodel during this time but OMG!! The place was a disaster! Literally jackhammering in the lobby with ceramic pieces flying around and so loud I couldn't hear the poor front desk people yelling across the desk to me! The reason I am rating it average is even though I think Hilton should have DEFINITELY closed this hotel during a MAJOR remodel/reconstruction - the employees at the front desk were so polite, apologetic and helpful that you couldn't help but smile. They were in the dust and mess along with the guests and, obviously, they did NOT get to decide to keep the hotel open so why blame them? The breakfast area was COLD and dusty with very little selection and seating. You didn't even WANT to stay for the breakfast and the construction workers kept the back door open which was right next to this 'breakfast area'. Honestly, I expect more - MUCH MORE - from my stays with Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Don't book until the hotel confirms that the DESTRUCTION is over!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear MaryRN66:

Thank you for your recent review of the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge.

Yes, the entire first floor of our hotel is currently under complete renovation and we're excited about the changes it will bring to our hotel! The beginning of 2013 will bring the Perfect Mix Lobby and Jump Start Fitness to our hotel and we're thrilled to be able to offer these to our guests!

We have made every effort to notify our guests and potential guests of the construction with the information posted on our brand webpage, on all third party reservation sites and it is also highlighted on all confirmation emails that are sent to our confirmed guests. We have also limited the begin and end time for any noise construction (it cannot begin before 10 am or last after 7pm). We realize this is not an ideal situation, however, we have also assisted guests with finding alternate accommodations when their expectations have been different than what we have communicated.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit.

446 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
East Woodstock, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently stay at this hotel to attend a business meeting I had at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, MA. I choose the hotel due to the fact that it was only two (2) stops on the MBTA Green Line to the Garden. Upon entering the hotel I found the staff to be very helpful and accomodating. My room was clean and the parking conenient. The breakfast in the morning was good also. The price was reasonable. In fact the only reason I gave this hotel an average rating is the room looked very dated. It look as if the furniture needs to be updated. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needs to stay in Boston without paying the downtown Boston prices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Good location by T stop, complimentary breakfast and free parking. Good base for exploring Cambridge, Beacons Hill/USS Constitution and downtown Boston. Only 10 min cab ride from airport. Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012
Beaufort, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went to Boston in September for my friends wedding. We made it into a mini-vacation and had a great time. The hotel was very convenient to the T and had free parking. I thought the breakfast was great. I don't need anything fancy and there were tons of choices! We love it there and will keep that on the list. We got a great deal on the hotel and will be staying there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Longano:

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your recent visit to the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge.

We truly appreciate your feedback and thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Kent, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We love Hampton Hotels because the quality is fairly consistant, but the manager and front desk staff of the Cambridge Hampton went out of their way to assist us. I had to check out before my husband's conference was over, and they let me leave my car in their parking deck while I shopped at the Galleria nearby - which I greatly appreciated. I easily took the trolley into Boston from the stop nearby. The hotel is nicely decorated, very clean, with exceptionally friendly housekeepers and staff. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear CTRight:

Thank you for your recent review of the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge. We appreciate your time and wonderful comments about our staff and hotel.

We hope you will visit again should your travels bring you back to the Boston/Cambridge area.

Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had read the reviews of this hotel before I booked it. I agree with most of them. The Hampton Inn is a good choice if you want to be in the Cambridge area. It's located very close to the Lechmere stop on the T, the subway in Boston. We didn't need to use it this trip though. You can also walk to the Cambridge Galleria which has floors of shops and restaurants. There is a parking garage underneath the hotel for guests. It's not a large lot and it's laid out strangely but it's nice to have parking included in the price. Our room was nice. It was very clean and modern. It wasn't four star but it was fine for our purposes. I liked that they had 4 bath towels in the bathroom. Most hotels like this give you 3 and I'm always asking for more. The breakfast included was your typical Hampton Inn breakfast but it was fine. My only complaint was the price. This weekend was the Head of the Charles, a huge rowing regatta as well as Parents Weekend at a number of nearby universities so they jacked up the price. The other hotels that we have stayed at in that same neighborhood wanted so much more money that I wouldn't book them. We have never paid this much money for a Hampton Inn but this was our best alternative.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Symmesgirl:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge. We're thrilled you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to being your host should your future travels bring you back to the Boston/Cambridge area.

Naha, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Knowing that hotel prices are ridiculous in boston, I had to find a place that was convenient, had clean rooms, hot breakfast, and adequate parking. This place checked all the blocks:

Convenience: Right across from a T stop, and in a neighborhood that is safe. And $2.50 one way to anywhere in the city is dirt cheap.

Room: Very nice. The rooms seemed to be well kept, LCD TV's, bathroom was modern, and nothing was out of place. Room is adequate, not huge but big enough.

Breakfast: A nice assortment of hot foods, and this changed every morning. The waffle maker was popular with my teenager. Fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal. It was as good as can be expected with the room rate.

Parking: Free, and indoor. What is there not to like?

I also forgot the internet, that was free as well. So this hotel, while at the outset is expensive (I'm sorry, nothing about a room over $200 is cheap), is a good price given the location and amenities. Next time I'm in town, I will stay there again. (4 stars because of the price, a bit cheaper and it becomes a 5)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear World_TravelerJapan:

Thank you for your kind words about your visit to our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed all we have to offer.

We look forward to your next visit!

Warm regards,

Lisa M. O'Neil

Been to Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge? Share your experiences!