“Great Value, Very Convenient!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Weekend
Ranked #9 of 17 hotels in Cambridge
Orlando, Florida
“Great Value, Very Convenient!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We stayed here the weekend of 9/17. The City of Boston was extremely busy and hotel avaliability was hard to find (and expensive!!). As I expanded my search outside of Boston, I came across the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge. This hotel is located at the last stop of the Green line (on the northern end), and the station is literally right across the street. While the subway stop was closed for construction, the MBTA did provide a free shuttle to the North Station stop.

The hotel itself was very nice. The front desk personnel were extremely friendly and helpful. Upon check-in we were provided with our room key (which also served as the access card to the complimentary indoor parking garage). We were in a standard room with 2 beds. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. In the morning a complimentary breakfast was provided (waffles, bagels, omlettes, toast, hash browns, etc), the breakfast was pretty good.

Overall I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn. Complimentary parking, complimentary breakfast, and right near public transportation... A very nice alternative to expensive downtown hotels!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear bogdig:

Thank you for such a thorough review of your recent Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge visit! We love hearing how professional and helpful our staff is, and I'm glad that you found your accommodations clean and comfortable. Our parking is an added bonus and with public transportation right across the street, our location can't be beat. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge!

442 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Cleveland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This hotel is located not far from Boston so you can return to the city if you want to. We couldn't find a room in Boston because we accidentally visited on the weekend all the college students were moving in and there were no rooms anywhere in town. This facility is nice and clean. We needed extra towels and they were delivered immediately. The continental breakfast was very good with a good selection, better than most because they had eggs and potatoes in addition to the regular selection normally offered. They also had a business center with free internet for guests. A personal note: Do not eat at Chili's in town and I'll rate them separately.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear loves2laugh29:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge. Your feedback is important to us. We're thrilled you loved our breakfast buffet (Our hot menu changes daily!) and guests love our complimentary PC!

We hope you will stay with us again, should your travels bring you back to our area!

Belmont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This hotel is at the end line of one of Boston's mass transit lines, making it a very convenient location, but out of the hustle and bustle of downtown Boston. I was in the area for five days and did not need to rent a car. I was able to easily take the train to/from the airport and any place within the Boston/Cambridge area I wanted to visit. In addition, there is a Gold's Gym within a five minute walk and more restaruant and bar options than you could ever need within a fifteen minute walk down Cambridge Street. One afternoon I was able to rent a kayak for a few glorious hours only a five minute walk away.

The rooms are very clean and good sized, the staff extremely friendly and helpful, and the hotel was quiet. The day I checked in/out, the front desk safely stored by luggage for free. If you do have a car, parking is free and secure. There is free Internet access (wired in room wireless in lobby), free coffee 24/7, and a free breakfast. And how can you go wrong with a Dunkin' Donuts across the street for a special treat?

Room Tip: Good sized, very clean, and quiet
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

If you would have asked me after my first night at this Hampton inn I would have said the place was average and that it would be a fine choice to stay at. I look for a comfy and clean place to stay with basic expected amenities (tv, internet, comfy bed, good sleep). It was a typical hampton inn with a hot breakfast, and free internet. I agree with previous reviews that the no wi-fi in the room is a real bummer. In this day and age, that should be a standard offering. Apparently the Boston area is expensive or was the week I was there because I paid $210 a night and I found that to be very high, but when compared to hotels actually in Boston it was a deal.

If you would have asked me after my 2nd night about the hotel though I would have told you that I wouldn't have stayed there. My basic requirements for a hotel were no longer met. First, my TV stopped working at around 10:15 pm. This may have been due to the bad weather and the fact that it was a dish TV and I know technically that's not the hotels fault but I feel that it's the hotel's responsibility to pick a reliable tv carrier so they can offer their guests this accommodation ALL the time. This basic requirement wasn't met. Also, on the 2nd night my air conditioning unit made the most HORRIBLE noises. It was rattling and squeaking all night keeping me awake. If I turned it off the room got unbearably hot. So my good night's sleep was now not met.

All in all just know what you are getting for the lower price you pay - an older hotel that may have some issues due to it being an older property with older amenities.

Room Tip: Just know you're getting an older room but the beds are comfy!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Smoking Permitted, free on site parking, free coffee available 24 hours, free buffet breakfast available from 6AM to 10AM, good food, clean comfortable room, near transportation, mall and Charles River.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed at this hotel a couple of times in the last few months due to work projects in the area. It is a good value, and the location is convenient. It also includes free parking, free internet, and free breakfast, adding very much to the value. We travel with a lot of equipment and had a car both times we stayed. The first time, in May was for 6 nights, second time was for 1 night, then 5 nights in a different area, then back for a night. The hotel is easy to get to and from the airport, and the Green line station is very convenient. There are a number of restaurants at the Galleria Mall about 7-10 minute walk away. Note that the green line station is actually closed right now,but they are running free shuttles to the North Station, so it is still handy. Rooms are spacious for a city hotel. Beds are comfortable ( am on the road a lot, and this means a lot to me as someone with back problems) Also the hotel is quiet. My only complaint is that I wish they had wifi in the rooms. Instead it's one ethernet cable, meaning we couldn't both be on the internet at the same time, and I couldn't use my ipad or phone on wifi. Yes, many people might think it's silly to need 2 internet connections, but this was business travel over a whole week, and we do both need to be doing some work in the evenings. Overall, I would stay here again and found the facility well maintained and the staff helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Dear cds_SanFrancisco:

Thank you for your review of your recent Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge visit! We love hearing about our guest's experiences at our hotel. I'm glad that you found your accommodations clean and comfortable. As for Wifi, we do currently offer this amenity in our lobby only; with wired access in our guest rooms. You'll be happy to know that we are currently exploring options to have both a wired and wireless solution available in all of our guest rooms!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge during your next trip to our area.

Warm regards,

Tenerife, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Paid 159$/night in November 2010, stayed seven nights. I got first a room on the top floor. Unfortunately, there was a noticeable humming noise, probably from the air extractors on the roof, and from time to time a click or bang from the pipes; I managed to sleep only because I was tired from the intercontinental flight. Next morning I asked to change room and was put in one on the fifth floor. It was free from the problems affecting the previous room, however, since it was facing the main street, I could hear traffic noise, which fortunately diminishes a lot during the night and thus was never a major issue. Apart from this, the hotel is quite OK: the rooms are spacious, very clean and well kept, the bed was very comfortable, the (cable) internet connection worked perfectly, staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast was as expected. Only one day I found all the tables occupied, but rather than saying that the breakfast area is too small I would blame it on those persons who after they're done with their breakfast keep occupying the table chatting, reading the newspaper or working with a laptop. The T station is only 5 min away (with a train departing every 10 minutes), and a 10 minute walk brings you to the Cambridge Gallery Mall. As already said by other reviewers, the area around the hotel is actually quiet and safe despite what it may appear at first glance.

Room Tip: Avoid top floor, ask for room opposite the main street
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear Cevedale:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge. Your feedback is important to us. I apologize for the vent and street noise you experienced. Our building is soundproofed, however, sometimes the noise can find its way in. We hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Boston/Cambridge area.

Warm regards,

Lisa M. O'Neil

Been to Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge? Share your experiences!