“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Cambridge
Los Angeles, CA
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Service was great and rooms were nice. Plenty of amenities. Owe could walk anywhere in Cambridge and Harvard square very easily. They even have Farmers market on weekends which is a nice perk. Would stay again. Keep in mind, this is a nice hotel in Cambridge so not cheap.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
alexattia, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for sharing your kind words regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay along with everything Harvard Square has to offer. The Charles Square Farmers Market is one of the highlights of our summer, I am glad you got to enjoy this perk.

If I can assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles and giving you the experience you expect and deserve from us.

Alex Attia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was here for a conference. I don't know how expensive it was (probably pretty pricey), but my employer was paying, so why not stay where the conference was hosted. The room was clean and comfortable, The in-room WiFi seemed a little slow, but I wasn't trying to stream Netflix or anything, so no biggie. They had a notice that they wouldn't change the towels unless you asked, but even though I folded my towels to keep them usable, they kept replacing them. The bed was particularly comfortable--I slept very well.

The story I'd like to tell is related to the conference hosting. I requested a kosher meal. When I got to the conference, they told me they had my request and to notify the server at lunch. I did this, but they screwed up and had given my meal to someone else. I get it, people make mistakes. I was ready to be upset because I felt a little bit like the hostess was blaming me, but that was probably more due to missing lunch than any real offense.

When I got to my room that evening, I found a bottle of wine, a plate of fruit, a plate of sweets and a letter of apology saying they would make sure the mistake was not repeated. Again, people make mistakes, but they went the extra mile to compensate for their error without me making a fuss because they have a focus on service. And I got my kosher meal the next two days.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel. I am sorry to hear your needs were not initially met, however, I am happy that this issue was quickly resolved. Our staff is dedicated to providing our guests with exceptional service and we are pleased to hear that their efforts were so generously acknowledged.

Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Every time I came to Boston, I stayed at the Charles and was never disappointed. The location is ideal to commute through Boston from Newton to Downtown. The rooms with the full length windows are the best and were my dog 's enjoyment.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
alexattia, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your kind words regarding your families recent visit to The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from your guestroom amenities to our convenient location.

Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed at the Charles this past week (June 19th) for an ed. conference at Harvard Law School and really couldn't have asked for a better location. Location was great in terms of being close to our conference, but also really enjoyed hanging around Harvard Square and being close to the T stop. The Charles itself was a very nice stay - staff was friendly and very helpful, rooms were nicely done and comfortable - I really enjoyed the TV within the bathroom mirror! The only reason I didn't grade at 5 stars was the lack of a walk in shower (regular tub shower was used), and the slow (and therefore very obnoxious) elevators. Other than that, I had a fabulous stay and would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Ask to have a room facing the square!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel. Our staff is dedicated to providing our guests with exceptional service and we are pleased to hear that their efforts were so generously acknowledged. I also appreciate your feedback and will take this into consideration.

Rougemont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

A well situated hotel in the Cambridge area, with good size rooms and nice amenities. Shower was a bit small, but loved the mirror TV, although the channels were different from the room TV. No refrig/microwave for use in the room and ice had to be ordered through room service. Gym was exceptional with tons of equipment and coffee was available here. Would def stay again. Negative: numerous homeless/panhandlers in the nearby area, and Cambridge in general was not a clean area. Local restaurants (Toscano/Doplin/Russel House/Cambridge 1) were very good

Room Tip: stayed on third floor facing courtyard and it seemed a good location-Visit The Cellar Bar, very neat
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for providing such a detailed review regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit, your kind words will not go unnoticed. I also appreciate your suggestions for improvement and thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve.

basking ridge, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed here while visiting colleges with my daughter. The location is very close to many schools . The service is excellent from the front desk to room service. We had some issue with the TV and the guy was up in minutes to sort it out. My daughter was also hugely impressed with the TV in the bathroom mirror. Very unique feature. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was very spacious, with two beds and a dinette sized table. My only complaint was that the construction across the street started super early and at 6:15 am it sounded like someone was vacuuming under my bed.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street which was fine except for current construction. Ask for a quiet roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and convenient location. I also appreciate your suggestions for improvement and will take this into consideration with the rest of the team.

If I can assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Charles in the future.

Malibu, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Ok let's be honest it's still the only luxury hotel on this side of the Charles river but this monopoly doesn't stop them from still trying hard and giving guests a terrific experience. Try getting exec suite facing the square ( 842 was big/ bright )- far bigger than regular room. Complimentary coffee/ tea all day long at hotel restaurant is a nice touch. Chocolates at turn down another ... A real haven in the middle of all the hustle and bustle... Terrific stay!

• Stayed June 2014

Alex Attia

Been to Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!