“Perfect Harvard Square Location” 5 of 5 stars

Charles Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Bennett St, Cambridge, MA 02138   |
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Cambridge
Toronto
“Perfect Harvard Square Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

I spent three nights here while attending a Harvard seminar in early December 2013. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed is delightful as are the large feather pillows. The food is exceptional and the proximity to Harvard square is ideal. It is an easy 30 minute drive from Logan airport. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay including your time spent dining with us and everything Harvard Square has to offer.

If I can assist you in any way, please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles sometime soon.

Alex Attia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have always been a fan of the Charles Hotel, having been married in its ballroom some 28 year ago. However, I am sad to report that the things that once made the Charles a special place to stay are standard for similar hotels and the level of service I received was medicore at best. The room are nice and well kept. However, there is no turn-down service in the evenings. And, the level of personal attention I would expect at this hotel was totally lacking. I have to say that it really disappoints me to have to write this, but the level of personal attention received was no better than the Courtyard by Marriot down the street. The breakfast restaurant and associated bar are excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Charles Hotel. I appreciate your kind words as well as your suggestions for improvement and these matters will be addressed with the appropriate team members. Please know that guest satisfaction is our top priority and we are constantly working on improving. If I can assist you further, please feel free to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles sometime soon.

Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay here while on business for the first time in Boston. This is a great hotel with exceptional service that I would recommend to any friend or colleague. The location is within walking distance to the Harvard campus and a variety of historical sites. I plan to visit Boston this summer with my family and will definitely be staying at The Charles.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and everything Harvard Square has to offer. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team. If I can assist you further, please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com.

Sincerely, Alex Attia General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I first stayed at this hotel for a business conference. We now stay for pleasure. It is perfect for both. It features contemporary design and room furnishings referencing historic New England warmth and charm - with working high tech amenities for the business traveler. For instance, gorgeous antique quilts on the walls and the delicious Henrietta's Table restaurant to remind you that you are in Cambridge PLUS a TV in your bathroom mirror, so you can watch as you shave and a shared printer in the hall web cube. There is excellent WiFi in each room with a great desk setup. You can walk everywhere in Harvard Square, and to catch the T, so although the hotel is pricier than some, it is worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, including your time spent dining with us and your guestroom amenities. If I can assist you in any way, please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles sometime soon. Sincerely,
Belfast, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is hands-down the best place to stay in Cambridge. Walking distance to everything. Great atmosphere. Super friendly staff. Book a table at the restaurant before you go - it fills up fast! The cab ride into Boston is about 20 minutes, and it's worth it to be out of the city in a hotel with some character.

Room Tip: Room on a high floor overlooking the river and the river houses. Lovely view at night.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as your interactions with our staff. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team.

If I can assist you further, please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles sometime soon.

Rochester Hills, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Charles Hotel is one of my favorite hotels. If business calls me to Boston, I will stay at The Charles in Cambridge and deal with the extra travel time into the city. I feel at home in The Charles (vs. some of the colorless, characterless bigger hotels), the staff are wonderful, the rooms are lovely and CLEAN. I look forward to the little TV in the bathroom mirror......the only thing that I wish the Charles would provide its guests is a Keurig machine in all rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please note that a coffee maker can be placed in your guestroom upon request (based upon availability).

If I can assist you further, please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you at The Charles Hotel sometime soon.

Winchcombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Amazingly comfortable beds in an immaculately clean and warm bedroom meant the perfect night's sleep. The staff were very helpful too, at check in and check out. And I enjoyed the historic quilt collection displayed on the stairs to the first floor restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your guestroom as well as your interactions with our staff. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team.

Alex Attia

Been to Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!