“Wish I had been in Cambridge for a longer stay!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Remington Street, Cambridge, MA 02138   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Cambridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newport Beach, California
“Wish I had been in Cambridge for a longer stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Very nice hotel - wish I had been in Cambridge for a longer stay!
Friendly people, clean and cool rooms, great lounge & patio (and
stealth staff working therein). Traditional building (slightly small rooms) with modern renos and great hip-yet-chilled feel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Dear Airhead (may we call you Airhead?),

We appreciate that you stayed with us during your brief visit to Cambridge - and hope that your next stay will be for a longer period! Thank you for sharing your comments about the friendly staff and the "hip-yet-chilled" hotel. You've made our day.

Hope to see you again soon,

Benson Willis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Hotel Veritas is beautifully appointed and decorated. The service is friendly and extremely helpful, and the hotel is very well located by Harvard Square.
The rooms and baths are on the small side but so well done it's easily forgiven, and it is after all, a boutique hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
We are very thankful that you took the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit with us - and that you enjoyed your stay. Yes, our rooms are small (we wish that they were bigger, too!) and we're glad that the other aspects of the hotel made up for their intimate size.

We hope to see you again soon.

Benson Willis, General Manager
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I was so happy to have found Hotel Veritas. What a treat! From the moment we walked in the door, we knew this would be our new spot to stay in the Boston area. The staff were so kind. They were not going through the motions - you could tell that they really enjoy their jobs. The room itself was a bit on the small side, but what it lacked in size it made up for in quality and comfort. We were on our way back to California from a trip to North Africa. Our 11 month-old daughter was ready to start the day at 2:30 am, so I took her down to the lobby so my wife could sleep. The man working the night shift was so incredibly nice and accommodating - as if I hadn't already been won over by this property, the staff's willingness to bend over backwards for a guest, even in the middle of the night, really sealed the deal for me. I highly recommend this great new hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, August 1, 2010
Ahh....the overnight concierge! Working overnight in a hotel can be an incredibly interesting experience. We are so glad that you and your daughter were able to spend some quality time with either Brandon or Curtis, our two overnight concierges - they are both such great guys. Thank you for your recommendation of Hotel Veritas and we hope to see you again soon.

Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

This new hotel is very convenient to Harvard Square. The desk staff are extremely helpful and pleasant to work with. They go the extra mile. The decor is a beautiful modern style. A great place for breakfast is across the street that serves breakfast all day and is very reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Cambridge. We're incredibly proud of our amazing group of concierges - and we're pleased that they were able to assist you during your visit.

We hope to see you again soon.

northfield, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I had a layover in Boston on my way to Maine. Finding a reasonably priced 3star hotel for one night was all I wanted. I got SOOOOOOO much more. Upon arriving to Hotel Veritas, I was greeted by name. The front desk staff offered me complimentary soft drinks and water. I opted for a delicious lemony martini that was delivered within minutes to my room by Emily. I had to send a fax unexpectedly, which the front desk staff handled, free of charge, for me at 10pm.

Although not large, my room was fantastic! The imported linens were luxurious, the bed extremely comfortable, the decor was european elegance, the fresh orchids by my bed were divine. My free internet and flat screen tv were greatly appreciated.

I loved the location, just blocks from Harvard University and quite close to lots of action, fun restaurants which Allison recommended to me.

In the morning my wake up call and taxi arrived as scheduled. I made myself a yummy latte from the machine in the lobby, and treated myself to a unique, delicious breakfast flatbread.

I wish I could have stayed longer, and I would love to go back tomorrow!!!! This boutique hotel is far superior to any deluxe 4star hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
We're glad that you layover led to your brief stay at Hotel Veritas and hope that your next trip will be for a longer period. We're pleased that you were able to enjoy the complimentary Internet access, Native Water, sodas, Nespresso coffee, fresh flowers, and Anichini linens. Emily makes a killer martini - a great way to begin to relax after a hectic day of traveling.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay at Hotel Veritas. We certainly hope to see you soon.

General Manager.
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I stayed at Hotel Veritas for 2 nights in early July. I absolutely LOVED this hotel and I already made a reservation to stay in October. The front desk attendants were simply lovely and most accommodating , personable and professional. I loved my room. Yes, it was small, but well appointed, it shows you how much you get get into a small space and make it look beautiful and comfortable. My small balcony on the side was private and relaxing. Kudos to all who worked to make this new hotel a gem, sparkling brighter than the blue ones in the bathroom....you have to visit to see what I mean...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Ohh.....we love our guests! Thanks for your very, very nice comments about the hotel and the concierges. You're absolutely right that our rooms aren't large - and we're trying so hard to make sure that people know that prior to arriving. The average square footage of each room type is noted our our website. We also think that you're right about how well appointed the rooms are!

We will see you in October!

Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

I just returned from my stay at the Hotel Veritas and all I can say is that it is a true 5 star experience! The hotel is ideally located in Cambridge...steps away from Harvard. The decor is chic and elegant. But by far, it is the way that each guest was treated that made this a five star hotel experience. Special thanks to Curtis and Allison for making my stay extra special for me and my son!
I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends and look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Thank you for sharing your comments about your visit to Hotel Veritas. We are very fortunate to have Curtis and Alison - and all of our staff - ensure that you had a great stay. Since we opened just over six weeks ago, we've all had such fun getting to know our guests and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you and your son on your next visit to Harvard Square.

Benson Willis

Been to Hotel Veritas? Share your experiences!