“By far, the best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 17 hotels in Cambridge
Laguna Beach, California
“By far, the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I stayed at Hotel Veritas for 2 nights in early July. I absolutely LOVED this hotel and I already made a reservation to stay in October. The front desk attendants were simply lovely and most accommodating , personable and professional. I loved my room. Yes, it was small, but well appointed, it shows you how much you get get into a small space and make it look beautiful and comfortable. My small balcony on the side was private and relaxing. Kudos to all who worked to make this new hotel a gem, sparkling brighter than the blue ones in the bathroom....you have to visit to see what I mean...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
Ohh.....we love our guests! Thanks for your very, very nice comments about the hotel and the concierges. You're absolutely right that our rooms aren't large - and we're trying so hard to make sure that people know that prior to arriving. The average square footage of each room type is noted our our website. We also think that you're right about how well appointed the rooms are!

We will see you in October!

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

I just returned from my stay at the Hotel Veritas and all I can say is that it is a true 5 star experience! The hotel is ideally located in Cambridge...steps away from Harvard. The decor is chic and elegant. But by far, it is the way that each guest was treated that made this a five star hotel experience. Special thanks to Curtis and Allison for making my stay extra special for me and my son!
I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends and look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Thank you for sharing your comments about your visit to Hotel Veritas. We are very fortunate to have Curtis and Alison - and all of our staff - ensure that you had a great stay. Since we opened just over six weeks ago, we've all had such fun getting to know our guests and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you and your son on your next visit to Harvard Square.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

My 5 year-old daughter and I stayed at this lovely hotel last weekend and I am already making plans to return. The rooms are the perfect blend of decadence and comfort (Silk drapes, mirrored bedstands, plush carpeting, Anichini bedding) - we slept so well! The staff is charming and the coffee hot and good. We are locals to Boston so considered this trip a sort of staycation. Boston has a wide range of hotels - this is at the top of the list of chic boutiques and the best option period that Harvard Square has to offer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
Thank you for your kinds words about the decor and the staff. We love that you enjoyed your staycation with us. Please come back again soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I was delighted with this charming little hotel in Cambridge.

Everything is sparkling and new and the staff are just wonderful and extremely helpful.

I was in Harvard to attend a very high powered executive conference and staying with the Hotel Vertias was perfect - it provided a restful and soothing atmosphere where I could relax and prepare for the conference. The hotel' s partnership with the lovely gym and yoga centre across the street meant I could work out as well which was an added bonus.. and I can't recommend the boar salami more highly.

Thanks to Benson and especially Alison.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Wow. Thank so much! We love the charcuterie, too.....and so glad that you were able to enjoy the Gym at Karma Yoga. We can't wait for you to come back to our side of the Atlantic!

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

The staff was friendly and accomodating. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The beds are splendid. The interaction with the staff every morning over coffee and spanish pastries gave a very quaint homey feel to an otherwise, chic atmosphere. Perfect place for people in the neighborhood to put up guests. This hotel will be my home away from home when visting Boston.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

The pluses: everything is brand new, swanky feel, quaint room (ours had a balcony), fresh orchids on the nightstand, new chocolates and bottles of water every night, cool dining patio right outside the hotel, and very friendly staff.

The few minuses: pretty small room for the price you are paying, took a while to checkout, hassle to store bags if not departing right away, no maps of Boston.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, June 7, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind review - and we're happy that you were able to stay with us just as we've opened! We are very sorry that the check-out and luggage storage process wasn't as efficient as it should have been. The maps of Boston have arrived - so they'll be ready for your next visit!

See you again on your next trip to Cambridge.

Regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Awesome! My wife, two kids and I stayed at Hotel Veritas and couldn't of felt more at home. We basically had a three room suite which was perfect for the kids to be close enough while still allowing us to have some privacy. The rooms are well appointed, tastefully decorated with an understated elegance. Being an art lover I really enjoyed the photographs and the original oil paintings in the lounge, somone obviously has a keen eye for art. The cheeses we had were perfectly ripe and served at the right temparture and the cocktails where mixed by a pro. The professionalism and overall hospitality of the staff was on par with some of the best hotels Boston and my family and I look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
We're so glad that your family enjoyed the suite - and the beautiful photographs. The artwork was commissioned specifically for the hotel and we really, really love the way it looks. Thanks for noticing - and please come back soon!

Benson Willis

Been to Hotel Veritas? Share your experiences!