“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Remington Street, Cambridge, MA 02138   |
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Cambridge
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel is amazing. Good location to Harvard and not far from the metro stop, 10 min walk or so. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are little snacks and drinks available anytime you need, which is a nice bonus. Every time we came on or left the hotel is was nice to be able to grab a drink.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Carrboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was very happy with my stay in this boutique hotel in the heart of Cambridge/Harvard Yard. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, checking my bag for extended time, finding me a room for an early check-in, offering free juices and snacks, and serving great wine in their lobby/lounge/patio. The room was very clean, nicely furnished, and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this to friends/family.

Room Tip: First floor rooms may get a bit of street noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel is only a 10 minute walk from the Harvard Square metro station and most places in Harvard Square. I booked a queen room. I was placed near the lobby, but there wasn't too much noise. The room faced the road, and it was rather loud. The room was of decent size for European standards, Americans might find it small. There was a desk, but instead of a proper chair the room had an uncomfortable ottoman. Bath was fine, although the toiletries were sub-par. The hotel staff were overly friendly in the American custom, but did a good job all around.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We really enjoyed our weekend stay at Hotel Veritas. We were visiting our daughter at Harvard and the location was perfect - easy walks to everything wanted to do in Cambrige and easy access to public transit for going to Boston. The room was small but charming and immaculate. We enjoyed our snacks and espressos from the machine in the lobby. The staff was helpful, knowledgeable and attentive. We did think $300 was a bit steep for such a small room, but we didn't realize when we booked that it was both Easter and Marathon weekend. Since making the booking I see an ad nearly every time I turn on my computer for "Hotel Veritas as low as $114", so I imagine better deals are available.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

A very nice hotel where the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. On tap complimentary water, soda juice, tea and coffee. Small rooms but immaculate . I had a petite queen which was lovely but my friends had a twin which was very small. Would definitely recommend .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is a sweet, small, meticulously kept hotel. The staff service here is over-the-top helpful and friendly - I arrived early and they bent over backwards to get me into a room right then. The front desk offers fruit, juice, soft drinks and coffee 24/7. My small queen room was clean, cozy and nicely laid out. The bathroom and shower were excellent, bed and bedding very comfy, Wifi was perfect. The location could not possibly be any better - many small shops and cafes downstairs and up Mass Ave. Literally steps away from the Harvard campus and an easy walk to the Metro station where the Red Line can whisk you directly to Amtrak at Boston South Station in 15 minutes. Only a couple of things kept the Veritas from being the absolutely best hotel I've ever stayed in (it's currently #2 in my international roster). The fourth floor was whisper quiet during the day, but at night there was some noise, I assume from a nearby bar, that came in through my closed window until 2 am (on a Friday night). And, though this is just a minor thing, the clock was stuck on the wrong time, and there were no buttons to reset it so I just turned it to the wall. The front desk did offer to send someone up to fix it when I called for resetting instructions. That's how cool they are. Next time I'm at Harvard, this will be where I stay.

Room Tip: Try for a room as far from the street as possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

First, a breif overview of what makes this hotel so fantastic: the service is five star, the location is less than a block from Harvard , the rooms are dead silent at night, the decor is flawlessly beautiful, the showers are always hot and have good pressure, beautiful fixtures, full complimentary coffee/ tea/ beverage bar. Blowdryer is in the closet in case you forget yours. Comfortable beds, thick covers, a selection of pillow firmnesses represented in the beautifully arranged pile on the bed. Yes, the rooms are small, but in the way that the rooms of a cottage on the Cape are small. Its is a part of the location: a charming reminder that you are not in a McMansion built in the style of the past, but in a historical location transformed with great creativity into a fantastic space for the weary traveler. (I am 5"11 and felt comfortable)

Did I mention the service? They always answered even the most ridiculous questions with professionalism and courtesy. They remembered my name after the first time I provided it and used it to greet me. I work in Sales and Marketing a five diamond resort in Southern California, and the service this darling hotel provided met and exceeded all of our company standards. Kudos! I will not only recommend. I will come back to Cambridge specifically to stay here for a week!

Room Tip: I stayed in 106. It faced an alley, but since I was always out till dark the view was well suited to...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Veritas? Share your experiences!