“Petite and Pleasant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Cambridge
Marblehead, Massachusetts, United States
“Petite and Pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Hotel Veritas has a great location just outside Harvard Yard. It's a small hotel with very small rooms, European style. The petite Queen is truly petite. It is well appointed, comfortable, charming, has well-designed outdoor spaces and a pleasant petite lobby-level lounge with a wine list and gas fire. Very relaxing after a long day of conference. No dining room, but there are plenty of Harvard Square restaurants steps away and an espresso with steamed milk in the lounge is a good start to the day. Coffee, juice, and bottled water are complimentary. There is a business center and work space on the mezzanine above the lounge. Staff is super helpful. I stayed there a second time and they remembered me from my previous visit. The Veritas has a lot to offer packed into a small space.

Room Tip: If you're a larger person, I wouldn't choose a petite queen.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Waited a while to review due to my ambivalence. Loved the location. We visit a young adult/child who lives a mere block away! Harvard is right around the corner! We liked the bed and loved the linens and the decor, as well. And we appreciate saving water by not laundering sheets daily, but the staff did not know how to refresh the linens. We returned to our rooms daily to find beds that were poorly wrinkled and uninviting. I didn't get the impression that there were many employees who had much actual Hotel Housekeeping experience. (I suggest a spray bottled with a few drops of lavender or some other method to make the beds look like they belong to a room that costs over $300 per night.) The hotel recognizes that the sq. ft of their rooms can be challenging, so rather than design the rooms for the business traveler who has an overnight bag, perhaps the Hotel might address its lack of drawers, which makes it difficult to put things in their place and out of the way. I believe we actually had one of the Hotel's best rooms, but there was little room to hang, and no drawers at all except one in one night stand and one in the desk. The Bathroom, too. lacked storage and would benefit from the addition of a wheeled multi-sheleved glass & chrome shelving unit--about 12 inches square, 3 1/2 feet tall, to compensate for the shortage of bathroom vanity space . (Our bathroom in Paris had one of these). So basically make more space wherever you can. The Hotel employees were charming. And again, the location was phenomenal! But there was a disparate relationship between the pricing of the property and the level of services provided. Either learn how to step it up a bit, (easy and cost effective solution) or lower your prices. This place could be amazing!!!

Room Tip: See your room before you bring your bags up.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

...the very saggy bed. The room was just the right size, comfortable but not excessive. The staff were friendly and helpful. The lobby is a wonderful place to sit and enjoy an espresso and a torta, especially with the fireplace on a chilly fall day. The location is perfect.

The bed is, for me, the essential piece of any hotel stay. If I cannot get a good night's sleep, all of the other features won't make up for it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Out of the many hotels that I've stayed in the Boston/Cambridge area, Hotel Veritas was definitely one of my favorites. The hotel is located in a perfect spot and just a few minutes from Harvard Sq, where there are tons of restaurants , shops, and events. Easily accesible to the "T". The staff at the hotel were so friendly and accommodating - always finding a way to meet our news. Free wifi, free water, juice and coffee 24/7- what more can you ask for?. Interior decor's beautiful and elegant. Wonderful hotel experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spent the night before my son had an admissions interview. I asked about pricing for an upgraded room, and they put us into a spectacular room for a pittance more. Every contact with the staff was pleasant, and nothing could have gone better. This hotel is a true gem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hull, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My friend took me on a surprise trip to Cambridge for my birthday. I could not have been any happier with this unique boutique. The location was ideal and convenient for all of our desired destinations. From the moment I walked through the door, the staff greeted us and gave us great suggestions for our trip. The room and beds were extremely comfortable and clean! The linens were top quality! Overall a great experience and I would definitely come back to stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was everything that I expected it to be and more. The staff was extremely attentive and accommodating and the decor was modern and inviting. I normally have difficulty sleeping when I'm not in my own bed, but the hotel mattress was so comfortable that I was fast asleep as soon as I lied down. The location was ideal as it was just a short walk away from the heart of Harvard Square and across the street from the famous burger joint, Bartley's! I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Veritas? Share your experiences!