“Cozy, stylish, gorgeous!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 17 hotels in Cambridge
Rostov-on-Don
“Cozy, stylish, gorgeous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Located in Harvard square, i loved atmosphere of area, plus you can find anything you need, but still it is not a downtown. An old building, it is all freshly renovated, small, cozy, but really stylish. Everything is beautiful and fabulous, lobby, rooms. Rooms are kind of small thought, but they have everything you need. I loved that the floor in bathroom is warm! They don't provide breakfast as i remember, but coffee. There is no bar i there, but you can have drink.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your wonderful comments on Tripadvisor. We're glad that you enjoyed your visit to Hotel Veritas and that you found us to be "stylish...beautiful....and fabulous." Yes, our rooms are small - and we try to make every effort to inform potential guests so they can determine if we're the right hotel for them.

We strive to provide value to our guests by including so much in the rate: wireless Internet access, domestic phone calls, access to the Gym at Karma Yoga, as well as serving Nespresso coffee, tea, juices, bottled water, sodas, and Ines Rosales Spanish tortas throughout the day. And of course, our concierges and managers are ready to assist our guests in any way 24-hours-a-day.

Cocktails, wine, beer, cheese, and charcuterie are available in our lounge from noon until 11pm every day.

Thank you again for sharing you nice comments and we hope to see you again soon at Hotel Veritas.

General Manager, Hotel Veritas in Harvard Square

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Re-visiting Cambridge, my usual choice to stay would ordinarily have been the Charles. Quite by accident, however, I happened to come across a relatvely new hotel located right in the heart of Harvard Square; smaller but never the less generous and unfrenzied.
Located at #1 Remington at the corner of Massachusetts Ave (Cambridge's main street) and still a mere ten minutes from Logan and 4 blocks from the' T,' this quaint but chic, 3-story, AAA-rated hotel offers privacy, total comfort and superb concierge service willing to make virtually any arrangements or reservations by request. Its Art Deco style, iridescent walls and drapery, Anchini linens and robes, marble shower and Etro bath impart an impression of luxury and one is made to sense a certain bed & breakfast intimacy.
Although the Veritas takes its eponym from Harvard's grand old motto, its atmosphere is not in the least crimson. Its external structure is modeled on late nineteenth-early twentieth century Victorian. Its architecture inside and out is tidy, compact, well organized, sparing no wasted space. The architect left nothing to chance, having considered the smallest detail down to the crown molding around the doors and ceiling, climate control, muted plumbing and a variety of individually controlled embedded ceiling lights and lamps. Hallways and rooms display B&Ws by some notably gifted photographers.
While occupying a small (about 200 sq. ft) single room adjoining a spacious balcony (complete with a broad table and chairs), I spent some of my spare time attempting to discover some of the neat tricks the designer had implemented to impart the illusion of more imperious dimensions. Even the relatively small bathroom felt larger than it actually was due primarily to the lack of a solid bassinet, glass shower doors and a nearly floor-to-ceiling window (that could be opened) and louvered shutters. When I left the bathroom door open, I noted that its expansive mirror would reflect the scene from the balcony, imparting the illusion of surveying the Cambridge scene while simultaneously peering at my image in the mirror. As an author, I was gratified to be able to spend several hours each day enjoying undisturbed solitude in the room; able to concentrate on my writing and illustrating.
What else: excellent room service, bottled water, real glasses, wall-mounted, wide-screen HD TV, hair dryer, ample closet space with plentiful hangers, valet service, alarm clock, voice mail, material detailing current activities, local personages, restaurants and locations, a spacious table and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on (bar none!!). Adjoining the concierge desk is a quality, easy to use Nespresso machine that I (and the other guests) used extensively. Assorted teas and confections are also available as are juices and sodas (all complimentary, of course!). Other extras become available when the exquisitely comfy 'Simple Truth Lounge' opens, including spirits, beer, wine, cheese and charcuterie. There are intimately located tables-for-two on a secluded, elevated area above the rear of the lounge. The roomy chairs and sofa are of teal leather, the faux fire place and floors of exquisite, polished limestone.
Can there possibly be more? There is a 'business' lounge area complete with 2 computers with Internet access and an HP color printer. Additionally, complimentary access to the Gym at the Karma Yoga Studio just across Mass. Ave. is available. I noted that the gym was in use early each morning.
One more item of note: I had requested a very (very) early wake-up call in order to catch a ridiculously early flight on my departure date. About 15 min. after the call, the concierge on duty came to my door just to make certain I was awake. This little lagniappe (as we southerners call it) was greatly appreciated!
The Hotel Veritas was a most pleasurable serendipity and a re-discovery and an old truth about resplendent rewards contained in small packages. I shall most likely make mention of the Veritas in one of my future short stories and shall make the Veritas my home-away-from-home on my future Harvard-Cambridge sojourns.
L. D. Rafey

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, May 22, 2011
Mr. Rafey,

Thank you very much for your thorough and thoughtful review of your stay at Hotel Veritas. We’re so excited that you were able to fully enjoy the services and amenities of our little hotel in Harvard Square.

We’re thrilled that you’ve found us – and we can’t wait to read your next short story!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Some hotels save their best for high rollers, frequent visitors, or long-term guests. But for a quick overnight trip to Boston in early May 2011 where I had my first chance to stay at the Hotel Veritas, I found myself welcomed like an old friend and treated like royalty. Staff is professional yet personable, rooms are modest in size but handsome in appointment, and the location is convenient to everything without being in center of the maelstrom. Impeccable!

• Stayed May 2011
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
You're absolutely right that we strive to treat all of our guests very well. With only 31 rooms at Hotel Veritas, we try to provide a personalized level of service to each guest. Thank you for your comments and for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We hope that you're able to stay with us again soon.

General Manager of Hotel Veritas
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Beautiful lobby and rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. Great location - just a few minutes walk from Harvard Square. Free Wi-fi, bottled water, coffee, etc. I wish I had more excuses to visit Cambridge more often!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Thank you for review on Tripadvisor of our little hotel in Harvard Square and for your kind comments about the staff. Like you, so many of our guests at Hotel Veritas appreciate the complimentary WiFi, bottled water, coffee, tea, juice, and access to the Gym at Karma Yoga.

We hope that you can come back to Cambridge soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed at The Hotel Veritas before heading to Harvard Business School and was pleasantly surprised. The website only half sells this place - it's even nicer in reality. It's smart, friendly, well located, beautifully furnished and perfectly balanced between attentive and private. I (like the reviewer before me) stayed in room 205 and had nothing but good things to say. The rooms are small but not prohibitively so. If you specifically want a large room, book a king or one of the rooms with outdoor space via a terrace etc. Do check out Zoe's Kitchen for breakfast and make sure you head to Mr Bartley's for the best burger in the US (as voted for by the Boston Globe). Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
We are so very glad that you stayed with us and that enjoyed your visit. Your comments describe perfectly the type of experience which we try to provide for our guests at Hotel Veritas. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back.

London, Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

My review will be short because I really enjoyed this hotel and I really can't say anything bad. I was in room 205 - sure, it's a little small but my room was very bright and I found it comfortable. Service was great. Location is fine - bit of a trek to the subway but not that bad. Try Zoe's cafe next door for breaky (don't use the toilets though - they're filthy). I would definitely stay at the Veritas again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor about our little hotel in Cambridge. We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We love our neighbors at Zoe's, but perhaps can give their building management some housekeeping lessons.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Harvard Square.

Benson Willis, General Manager
Rolle, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Veritas is wonderfully located, the decor is discreet and charming, and the hotel provides guests with access to a gym across the street. But above all it is the fine work of the staff that is distinctive; they are gifted hoteliers, who know their street, neighborhood, and city, and do everything possible to make the city accessible to visitors.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, April 3, 2011
Thank you for your extremely nice words about Hotel Veritas and our incredible group of concierges. The diversity of our guests and their needs makes our daily interactions very interesting. We strive to be the best hotel in Harvard Square and are very pleased when we connect with our guests. We appreciate that you shared your comments on Tripadvisor and we hope to see you again soon.

Benson Willis, General Manager

Been to Hotel Veritas? Share your experiences!