“Excellent room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Room at the Top

A Room at the Top
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
A Room at the Top
You added A Room at the Top to your Saves list
51 Avon Hill Street, Cambridge, MA 2140   |
Ranked #13 of 18 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Great room. Extremely friendly and polite hosts! Absolutely 100% recommended

Room Tip: The room is on a 3rd floor and only accessible with stairs. Fine for most people but could be an iss...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

My friend and I stayed at A Room At The Top for two nights while visiting Boston for the weekend. The price was better than anything we could find at the time (it was convocation weekend!) and we absolutely loved the room. I could just move in there! There is a large with with two big couches and a bed; the walls are lined with bookshelves; there's a small fridge in the corner containing orange juice and milk; there's a coffee/tea machine; and the best part is the little deck and the amazing skylight windows. The bathroom is nice and clean. There is a separate entrance for the upstairs so you're not going through the home of the owners. I had my car and Joan lent me a parking pass to leave it on the street in front of the house overnight. It was convenient and relaxing and a wonderful place to stay. The breakfast was delicious, and included muffins, tasty bread, yogurt and granola, and a bowl of fruit.
I would recommend this to anyone going to Boston, and it will definitely be my first choice of lodging if I ever go back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

I spent 16 days at this place while taking a Summer Program in Harvard and I am very satisfied. It is in the third floor of a private home owned by Joan, a very polite lady. You have your own private entrance, you almost forget that there is a family leaving downstarirs. The room is huge, with two sofa areas, a double bed (small for two persons but very comfortable for one), a microwave, a small fridge and a coffee maker. Full of natural daylight (it has a lot of windows and two lovely skylight windows). The bathroom is not completely private because you need to share it with the owner's business office during the day, but it gets completely private at night.
You can chose to have breakfast or not; I chose the latter because I usually have just a cup of coffee and some oat meal, which I prepared in the microwave. The shower temperature was perfect. I used a lot the AC unit because I was during the summer and the room was kind of hot if you don't turn it on.
Wi-Fi works perfect, it was one of my biggest worries because I needed to work with my e-mail during the night.
The neighbourghood is quite and beautiful. Althought I had a 20 minutes walk to Harvard Yard ever day, I enjoyed the walk a lot because all the area is beautiful, all the houses look like postcards. Some days I was too tired to walk so I just took a cab form Harvard, it's just $5.
The closest T station is Porter Sqaure, it's just a 10 minutes walk. You have restaurants and groceries stores on Massachussets Ave, just three blocks away.
The only con I see is that you need to climb up two stories through a steep staircase, so I would not recommend it to older people.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to A Room at the Top? Share your experiences!