“An oasis from the hubbub” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prospect Place Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Prospect Place Bed and Breakfast
You added Prospect Place Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
112 Prospect Street, Cambridge, MA 02139   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Lancaster, California
“An oasis from the hubbub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

I have just completed my 8th stay at Prospect Place. I have had the pleasure of staying in each of the rooms offered. Fine bed linens & plush towels are important to me. This B & B does not disappoint me in this regard. The mattresses give you a very restful night's sleep. The location is superior. It is a short walk to excellent restaurants, shops & public transportation on Massachusetts Ave. When I am working in Boston, I drive. There is street parking around the corner from the B&B (read the parking signs carefully.) Don't miss breakfast! A large bowl of melon & berries plus fresh baked goodies & bread are a highlight. Add eggs any way you prefer, coffee, various teas, fresh-made granola, yogurt...if you leave the table hungry, it's your own fault! This safe, comfortable enviroment makes your stay so pleasant.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

Thoughtful canopy on a quiet street, warm welcome in the chilling winds, ancient decorations in the beautiful house, together with the meticulous concerns in the hosts' tender hearts, build up a genial home far away from my own home. I enjoyed their harmonious family member relationships, drinking in their whispers from everyone's soul. Surely I am willing to stay with them again and again if I have chances to come to Cambridge in the future.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

Great lacation, and very coopertive owner Eric,He personally drove us to tour location and dinner in his own auto,breakfast was great both mornings and enjoyed meeting international travelers,I didn't have to move my car during my stay,I have traveled internationly many times ,this rates along with them favorably Larry

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

We've stayed at Prospect Place twice now and just love it. The owner is great and has created a beautiful, relaxing environment. It's a perfect location for Cambridge and offers a nice getaway for a great price.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

This was my second stay at PP, and I would continue to recommend it. Far enough out of the mess of the Harvard Square area to feel as though you're staying in a real neighborhood. Lots of good restaurants and the T nearby; easy walk to most things; and a Whole Foods right across the street. Eric is chatty and charming, and was very helpful. If you are very sensitive to noise, avoid the front rooms that face the street. (I've stayed in them both times, so if you can handle regular city noise, you'll be OK). There are two others in the back.

Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Southeast Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

Prospect Place is 2 blocks from a T station, making it perfect for those sightseeing Boston, checking out colleges, and other Boston activities. We stayed in the Charles Suite, which has comfey bed, great bathroom and was quiet for a good night's sleep- perfect!. Eric had a wonderful breakfast spread out every morning and he even saved the primo parking spot for us, knowing that we had a big vehicle! We would definitely stay here again and recommend to our friends & family!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

I recently stayed in Boston/Cambridge for 2 nights with my partner, on our recent trip around Europe & the USA. It was the end of the summer season & cooling off in Cambridge, but we were still able to visit a lot of the city (as well as Boston itself), & enjoyed ourselves a great deal.

We booked our accommodation via the hotel website directly, & confirmed a place to stay for the duration of our holiday. On our arrival (via bus) we found that the B&B was just across the river from Boston, in Cambridge, & only about a 4 minute walk from the closest T-stop (metro) – very convenient & easy! There are plenty of shops around, including a large Walgreens, a Starbucks, & a Whole Foods Market, among many things. Harvard University is about a 20-minute walk away, or you could take the T-train there as well if you were feeling tired or lazy. There is the possibility of some car parking around the corner, which you can get a permit for, from the B&B. We checked in easily & were shown to our room by a friendly lady who was in the middle of cooking a roast chicken dinner (which smelled soooo good).

The B&B was in good shape – well cared for, yet still kept in the traditional manner in which is was built. The rooms were beautiful, with a front room (which you are allowed to relax in) also containing two grand pianos! We had the Emma room, which was a smallish double room with a shared bathroom, but the room was so nice that we did not need any extra space as there was still plenty to move around in. The bed was large & comfortable, & the bathroom was also very well maintained & the shower had good pressure with plenty of hot water. I am not into antiques in the slightest, but found the B&B really just so relaxing & beautiful, & I really wanted to take the bed home with me – it was like sleeping on a cloud :) There is a large flight of stairs which may not suit some older people, but they are wide & there is a handrail (banisters), so it might be manageable. There is also free wireless Internet, which is helpful. Please note that there is no TV, either downstairs or in the room.

Breakfast is provided, & includes scones, bread, eggs, hot & cold drinks, yogurt & fruit – it is served around a large dining room table, & the atmosphere may not suit everyone (especially younger people, or those with a very casual attitude), but the food was fresh & tasty. In general this B&B would suit people of all types, but if you are looking for a cheap hostel experience then this place is not so much for you, as it is more suited to people who will care for the environment they stay in & are there to admire the victorian architecture.

All in all, if you are after a clean & comfortable B&B, & enjoy spoiling yourself just a little, then this is the place for you. If we are ever back in the Boston area then we would definitely stay here again (in fact, we are returning shortly & have already booked to stay here, but will continue to return). Thanks for a nice stay!

• Liked — It was a beautifully restored old home
  • Disliked — No on-site parking
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Prospect Place Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!