“Small but super legit” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“Small but super legit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Awesome tiny place with real craic to it; feels like you're in Ireland. There was a dude in the corner playing a fiddle and another person had a baby and a dog. Awesome. Great Guinness and the food smelled incredible. Definitely coming back.

• Visited January 2013

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Lots of Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The place is small and the food is good so I imagine it gets crowded. We got there early on a Thursday night and had no problem getting a table. They have a nice beer selection. My friend and I were impressed with the portion size of our first course: he got the oxtail soup and I had a tomato salad with a yummy balsamic dressing. We both ordered the fish and chips and agreed that, while the "chips" were not quite right (they should have been wide cut potatoes instead of thin french fries), the fish itself was fantastic! I could not finish my portion. We both left quite full. I'll remember this place for next time I'm in Boston/Cambridge and I do recommend it!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Authentic Irish spot with great food and beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went to The Druid for dinner during a recent trip to Boston. It's not a big place so seating can get tight, but they did a good job of finding us a table as soon as they could. The beer selection is solid as to be expected, but the food is what really impressed me. I'm not usually a huge fan of Irish food, but the fish sandwich and fish chowdah were delicious! The prices were not bad either for the quality. In addition to that, the servers are authentic Irish guys who are pretty friendly, and there's even a well behaved(and very cautious) little dog that walks around the tables, as if he's supervising the restaurant. Overall, I really enjoyed this restaurant and would certainly return.

• Visited December 2012
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Amazing fish 'n chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The Druid has quietly become one of our favorite spots. The food and service are both excellent, and it's also a great place to grab drinks. I recommend the fish (sandwich or plate) or the veggie burger. Get a Guiness to, they pour it just right.

Mass., USA
“Area's authentic Irish pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Grabbed a late lunch here with my wife and son one Saturday in late December. When you walk through the doors, you are transported to Dick Mack's pub in Dingle or Gus O'Connor's pub in Doolin. Celtic music. Irish bartenders and waiters. Creamy Guinness tastes as if it came out of the tap at St. James Gate. The food was great all around. I had the fish and chips served in a newspaper basket with a lemon wedge. Lightly battered, crisp, and succulent - Not at all greasy. High recommend it. Wife had the veggie burger and said she loved it. My son had a regular hamburger and said it was also very good. You can request authentic Irish brown bread. Great service by friendly staff who seemed to really love their jobs and it shows. If you are in or around Cambridge - you must stop in. I will be back!!!

• Visited December 2012