“Great Value Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 17 hotels in Cambridge
Auckland, New Zealand
“Great Value Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

It was a well priced large room. The bathroom was spotless. I'm picking it had recently been refurbished. Very very friendly and helpful staff. The beds were comfortable. Free Wi-fi was great and was fast. The mist important fact I would definitely stay here again.

Green Features: They were Organized and responsible. There was signage explaining their processes. I felt there was a genuine commitment.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Good day Michelle P, thank you so much for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Boston-Cambridge and for posting the amazing 5-star review! As General Manager, I am truly glad you were able to enjoy our spacious and clean guestrooms, complimentary wifi, and genuine staff service. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to the greater Boston area! Best of luck, be well!

393 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the nicer Courtyard's we've stayed in. Rooms are quiet, and some are quite spacious. Beds are very comfortable, room is well lit and decor is standard Courtyard. Our room had 4 electrical outlets near the desk. If you don't like the standard Courtyard breakfast menu, there is a Starbucks & Dunkin donuts within a 2 min walk and a trader joe's and whole foods slightly further away.

The rooms have two faults which may or may not affect you, depending on the time of year. The rooms have either heat or air-conditioning, but not both (single pipe system). Our room was too hot and there was no way to cool it. In addition, the rooms have an old-style controls and a fan unit near the window rather than a more modern individually controlled forced air system.

The second problem was extremely slow internet speed. The hotel has 'free' standard and 'up to 3x faster' for an additional $5 per day. The free internet speed was 0.05 Mb/sec down and 0.20 Mb/sec up with a latency of 1100ms(!) during peak evening times. Other times it was more like 1/1 with decent 60ms pings. Clearly the hotel has insufficient internet bandwidth which is inexcusable for a hotel next to Harvard and MIT. Forget about getting any work done, or watching a Netflix episode. I ended up using my phone hotspot.

As others have mentioned, they charge $5 for a shuttle (not always available) and $32 for parking. Staff is friendly and responsive, but they can't fix the problems above.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hello Keason S, thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, and for reviewing your experience on Trip Advisor! As General Manager I am glad to know how much you enjoyed our spacious and clean guestrooms and friendly staff service. I am sorry to hear that the internet performance did not meet your expectations. Please know that while our internet capabilities do meet the requirements of Marriott, we are currently working on upgrading in order to provide an even better guest experience. I understand how important this is and can totally appreciate your feedback. We are very excited about our top to bottom hotel renovation coming up later this year and hope you will decide to return should your travels bring you back to our neighborhood. Thank you again and have a great day!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My son goes to school in Cambridge so I've stayed in a number of different places. Initially I went with the cheapest (nice) place I could get via disount sites. But after a few stays I returned to Marriott, as always. My stays here are as inexpensive as the others but I can alway count on Marriott to offer quality, predictability and a nice stay. This courtyard offers some nice personal touches that I have not seen in others. For instance, they have cupcakes for visitors during afternoons, coffee in the lobby in the morning and hot chocolate or apple cider in the afternoons. How nice is that? Very! I love the availability of lundry facilities for guests. I love the convenience of everything, I love the staff who are so nice and who now greet me by my name and show say "Welcome back". How nice is that? Very. Thanks Courtyard by Marriott for making my stay so nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hi Traveledtooandno, thank you so much for the amazing 5 star review of the Courtyard by Marriott Boston-Cambridge! As General Manager, I could not be more glad to hear that we have become your home away from home when you visit your son at school here in Cambridge. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff and the little touches that go a long way in making your experiences with us enjoyable and productive. Thank you again and we look forwad to your next visit. Best of luck and safe travels!
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Hotel was very nice and in a good location. If you don't have a car you'll have to take the hotel shuttle to the subway or figure out the bus. Room was spacious enough and very clean. Staff was very friendly. There is a Whole Foods, Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts within walking distance which was very nice. The Japanese restaurant attached to the Lobby is the worst!
I'd stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Hi Darth1Vader, thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Boston-Cambridge an for the 4-star review! As GM, I am very glad you were able to enjoy your experience with us, most notably, our staff service, spacious and clean guestrooms, and walking distance to Starbucks, Whole Foods, and many other establishments. Our shuttle service runs from 7am - 11pm, 7 days a week which makes transportation enjoyable and stressfree for our guests choosing not to drive in. Thank you again for the comments and we'll see you next time! Best of luck and safe travels!
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I travelled to Boston for business and stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge for 8 nights alone. I really liked the hotel, close to train station, spacious rooms, clean, gentle staffs and great breakfast (payed at the hotel, not expensive). Wifi for free!!!

Room Tip: try to stay in a high floor to get a beautful view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello Marcioxes, thank you very much for the wonderful 5-star review of the Courtyard by Marriott Boston-Cambridge! As General Manager, I appreciate the opportunity to accomodate you for your 8 night visit. I am truly glad you were able to enjoy our rooms, location, breakfast, and staff service. We look forward to seeing you next time! Best of luck and safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I frequent Boston for business and usually stay at the hilton but this was a last minute run and hilton was sold out. I'm so happy they were for a better price I had an even better experience. Check in was fast, room very clean, and a comfy bed. These people truly understand hospitality. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2014
Hello 88Foodie411, thank you for the amazing 5-star review! As GM, I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing next time you're in town! Safe travels and best of luck!
Rye Brook, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I just returned from second, three day trip to Boston in three months, and I stayed at the Courtyard each time. The good news is that the hotel is clean, conveniently located and has amenities like a pool and a (small) gym. The bad news is that the prices, after all the various taxes and fees, are a bit on the high side. You then have to add in the fees to park and the cost for breakfast. Add it all up and it costs almost $245/night to stay. And the free wifi service continues to be spotty. It is also very difficult to regulate the temperature in the room. If they really want to stand out, they should eliminate either the cost of breakfast or for parking.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room far away from the loud ice machine and the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hello gwerlinich, thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Boson-Cambridge on your 2 recent visits to our area! I am truly glad that you found our hotel to be clean, conveniently located, and to have the amenities that you look for when you travel. As a budget conscious traveler myself, I can also understand your desire to have an affordable trip. As a brand, Courtyard by Marriott does not offer complimentary breakfast like you might find at some of the other Marriott brands (Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn). Our breakfast however does stand out for its quality food and friendly service. In addition, there are much more offerings to choose from than what you would find at a hotel with a complimentary, self-servce continental breakfast bar. We take pride in keeping our prices for both breakfast and parking at or below the prices of all our local competitors. It is our wish that you continue to stay at our hotel when your future travels return you to the area. I thank you greatly for the opportunity and for the feedback! Best regards.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge? Share your experiences!