“My new go-to hotel in Boston.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 17 hotels in Cambridge
“My new go-to hotel in Boston.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I frequent Boston for business and usually stay at the hilton but this was a last minute run and hilton was sold out. I'm so happy they were for a better price I had an even better experience. Check in was fast, room very clean, and a comfy bed. These people truly understand hospitality. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2014
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Hello 88Foodie411, thank you for the amazing 5-star review! As GM, I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing next time you're in town! Safe travels and best of luck!

406 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Rye Brook, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I just returned from second, three day trip to Boston in three months, and I stayed at the Courtyard each time. The good news is that the hotel is clean, conveniently located and has amenities like a pool and a (small) gym. The bad news is that the prices, after all the various taxes and fees, are a bit on the high side. You then have to add in the fees to park and the cost for breakfast. Add it all up and it costs almost $245/night to stay. And the free wifi service continues to be spotty. It is also very difficult to regulate the temperature in the room. If they really want to stand out, they should eliminate either the cost of breakfast or for parking.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room far away from the loud ice machine and the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hello gwerlinich, thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Boson-Cambridge on your 2 recent visits to our area! I am truly glad that you found our hotel to be clean, conveniently located, and to have the amenities that you look for when you travel. As a budget conscious traveler myself, I can also understand your desire to have an affordable trip. As a brand, Courtyard by Marriott does not offer complimentary breakfast like you might find at some of the other Marriott brands (Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn). Our breakfast however does stand out for its quality food and friendly service. In addition, there are much more offerings to choose from than what you would find at a hotel with a complimentary, self-servce continental breakfast bar. We take pride in keeping our prices for both breakfast and parking at or below the prices of all our local competitors. It is our wish that you continue to stay at our hotel when your future travels return you to the area. I thank you greatly for the opportunity and for the feedback! Best regards.
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have stayed at this Courtyard (as well as many others) several times and it is my favorite of all of them! Courtyards are always my preference because the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and they have everything I could possibly need. This location, in particular, has fantastic rates especially considering that it is right on the river (a personal favorite), in Cambridge. Their staff is exceptionally friendly and they always have little extras that I have not found anywhere else. It is so warm and inviting to come back from a long work day to fresh mini-cupcakes, popcorn, hot cider/chocolate, beer, etc. The sushi restaurant also provides room service (just added a few american items as well) and is DELICIOUS! The location is perfect for all the business I do in the area, as well as easily getting into the city for some sight-seeing.

Room Tip: Ask for the side that faces the Charles River if you can.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello Cassie R, I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for being our guest and for posting this amazing 5-star review! I am truly glad you find the Courtyard Boston-Cambridge to be a comfortable and enjoyable expierence when you travel. As you mentioned, we do our best to add those special extra touches like the cupcakes and hot chocolate to make it feel even more like home. Thank you again and we will see you next time!
Winchendon, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

One night stay in Cambridge next to Charles River, nice view in a particularly small room for $135...not bad, right?....Well add on an additional $51.51 in bogus "extra charges" and your 1 night runs you $186.51. Can anyone tell me what an "occupancy tax" is? and if I pay that, then why do I have to pay a "city tax" too? What is that for anyway?....and a tourism tax? Sorry....I'm not a tourist and I live in MA (sadly). Best of all....I travel frequently while staying at a high # of hotels and have NEVER heard of a parking fee...especially for the insane rate of $32.... and the staff member said with a smile "all the local hotels have a parking fee, and we are one of the lowest"... as if this is suppose to make the consumer feel better....did I mention this is a DAILY fee as well? Not done folks..... Courtyard explains they have "complimentary breakfast"...... Food was decent, selection was OK... when your finished, they drop a $17+ PP "complimentary" bill on you for your table with a smile too...regardless wether or not you ate like a champ or had a coffee and toast. Credit due however.. there was no fee for internet access or TV surpisingly. Apparently the elite's of Cambridge don't know or understand the meaning of a dollar because this Hotel charged ridiculous rates outside of their base rate...and yes I know Courtyard Cambridge...your sorry and you apologize for my misunderstanding, ect.... but your fees and the way you conduct business are all symptoms of what is wrong with Boston and its out of control fees and taxes. Your type of mindset and the way you do business is designed for the elites and those people NOT paying the bill. You can have it. This is one consumer who will NOT be doing any business or stay overs in cities or hotels chains that support this type of gouging of hard working americans. The excuse that "everyone" else does it is unacceptable.

Room Tip: I stayed in 817. Nice view of the Charles River...but small.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Chipdowning, thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard Boston-Cambridge and for offering your review of the hotel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our hotel, breakfast buffet and the splendid views of the Charles River from your guestroom. I do wish that your perception of our pricing structure left a more favorable impression. As I'm sure you must be aware, unfortunately taxes are not something that hotels have much control of. The taxes you see on your room bill as "additional charges" come from the federal, state, county, and city governments. The tax structure is the same at all the hotels in our area. Regarding our Courtyard breakfast buffet, it is not advertised as complimentary. I am sorry if you were under that impression as I can imagine getting a check at the end of your meal when you thought it was free can confusion. Courtyard as a brand does not offer complimentary breakfast and we do our best to let all our guests know by posting the menu and prices at the door to the restaurant. We feature much more significant offerings (omelat station, table service, etc.) than you might find at a hotel that offers a free continental breakfast bar. Finally, we take great pride in being able to offer our overnight parking rates at or below any of our local competitors prices. Parking rates within our 5 mile radius can range up to as much as $60 per night. As you move further out of downtown, naturally the prices come down as there is less demand. Our price of $32 per night is the lowest of our immediate competitor hotels. In addition, many other hotels do not have 24/hr in and out priviledges or they have a valet which means you have to wait for your car to be brought down and every time there is that extra tip for the attendant. Fortunately, our garage is just a flat fee with no wait and no tip. In addition, to demonstrate our sensitivity to our budget conscious travelers we did not take an increase this year as many of our competitors did so we offer the same low rate as 2013. I do acknowledge that there are hotels that do not have a parking fee, but they are much further from Boston-Cambridge and the tradeoff is the traffic, not to mention paying for parking once you get anywhere downtown anyway. For these reasons we believe our parking fee adds a great value. I hope that this response offers some clarity on the issues you mentioned. We genuinely appreciate your business and hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you again and best of luck. Safe travels!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I travel on business over 150 days out of the year, so when I go out of my way to make a review, it comes from a place of experience. I have a few large clients in the Boston area so I'm there fairly regularly and the Courtyard Marriott Boston Cambridge always the first hotel I call for availability. It's easily one of the nicest, most affordable hotels in the city.

Boston can be raucous at times so I prefer to stay at an arm's length distance. The Courtyard Marriott Cambridge could not provide a better experience. Whoever chose it's location deserves a gold star because the view of the Charles River from my room is gorgeous, whether in the dead of winter or heat of summer. There is also a Starbucks just a few blocks away for my longer scheduled days as well as a Whole Foods if I'm too exhausted for casual dining.

The facilities are always spotless and staff is super friendly. There is a great 24 hour workout room so I don't need to miss a gym day when traveling. Can also squeeze a swim in if I'm feeling ambitious.

All in all this hotel is ideal for whatever the reason you find yourself in Boston. Whether traveling on business, visiting a child at the local universities or merely a family vacation. The Marriott Cambridge Boston caters to all needs. I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Try and get a riverside room. You can't beat the views!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hi Mike S, I would like to personally thank you for staying with us recently, and for posting this amazing 5-star review! I am glad that the Courtyard by Marriott Boston-Cambridge is your choice for hotel accomodations when traveling to the area. We look forward to the opportunity to continue to provide you with the excellent service you have come to expect at our property. Thank you again, safe travels, and best of luck!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was a business trip into Cambridge. The hotel is located close enough to Harvard, right by the Charles River. There is a Starbucks 2 minutes away and a Whole Foods further away.

There is plenty of parking on location. Check-in was very nice with a very friendly and warm front desk. They explained the parking fees (gave me a pass to put on the car) and gave me my room keys. Had a nice room on the 6th floor with a King Bed far away from the elevators. The room was well put together with plenty of plugs. A few problems, the lamp to the left of the bed didn't work. Didn't bother calling but the bigger issue for me was the wifi was terrible, would lose connection and very weak. Not sure if it was because where my room was situated.

Did not use the gym or the restaurant. Bed was comfortable, had a decent night sleep even with my cold. However, I could not figure out how to control the heater in the room. Either I was too hot or too cold.

Bathroom was showing its age. The shower head was extremely low and I'm not tall at all.

Bill was under my door and newspapers at the front desk. Room was fine but my issue with wifi will probably mean that I was stay else wise next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hi Johnathome, I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for staying with us. Most of all, I am glad that you were able to enjoy your guestroom, our convenient location, and friendly and efficient guest service. I am sorry that you had challenges connecting to our complimentary wifi. In the next several weeks, the hotel will be completing a wifi upgrade that includes relocating current wifi hot spots to maximize their efficiency, in addition to adding even more, new hot spots. This will ensure our guests will enjoy the strongest possible signal in all areas of the hotel. The best part is that it will remain 100% complimentary for all guests. Thank you again for staying with us and for the review! Safe travels.
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Courtyard Marriott Cambridge for 7 nights. We were booked there to attend a conference at a more expensive hotel. The staff at this hotel is amazing. Every need was met and always with a smile. When a coworker had to go to the ER, the staff was very helpful. The shuttle drivers made sure she was taken to the hospital and even made a special trip to take me to the pharmacy to get her prescriptions. The shuttle drivers are especially friendly and accomodating. Daryl and Eduardo are the two that helped us the most. They made our daily commute very pleasant and fun! The rooms were nice and very comfortable. The front desk staff was quick to handle requests and always had a warm greeting. They always handled our shuttle requests quickly. The service was 100% consistent, no matter who was working. I find that to be very rare in these busy times.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello JennyT, thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Boston-Cambridge and for the awesome 5-star review! Our staff takes pride in providing an exceptional guest experience. I am thrilled to hear that Darryl, Eduardo, and the rest of the staff left a lasting impression of our hospitality. They will certainly be recognized for their efforts! Thank you again,best of luck, and safe travels!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge? Share your experiences!