“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Cambridge
Middleboro, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Overall, this was a nice hotel. The people at the front desk were very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean. The hotel was located near a whole foods and trader joes , but there weren't a lot of choices close to restaraunts. We would recommend this hotel if you need a good place to stay in this area.

• Stayed October 2013
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Hello KMMVT, as General Manager of the Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for posting this very nice review. I am truly glad you enjoyed your experience with our staff, our location, and your room. The next time you visit, please take advantage of our shuttle service which can bring you to any of the acclaimed restaurants in and around Harvard Squre, Central Square, or Kendall Square. Thanks again and we look forwrad to the opportunity to accomodate you the next time your travels bring you back to the Boston Cambridge area! Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Smyrna, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel is basic accomodations at an elevated price due to its location that leaves a bit to be desired in the detail department. The toiletries in our room had been previously opened. During our stay, an alarm down the hall went off and off and off. Successive calls to the front desk led to explanations "We dont know what it is; engineering checked it out but could not find the issue." We ended up going out just to get away from the sound. In addition, while the hotel boasts shuttle service it somehow went form from free to $5/room/day to $5/person/day. So verall customer service was a bit sub-standard.

On the upside all the staff was friendly and the locaiton was decent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Hello A C R, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for reviewing your experience. I am terribly sorry for the disturbance caused by the fire alarm. We do test the sytem to ensure its functionality as the safety of our guests is always a top priority. We do offer a shuttle to local areas of interest at a cost of $5 per room/day. I do apologize if you were informed otherwise. If you were billed incorrectly, please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel and I would be happy to make any corrections accordingly. We truly value you as a guest and hope to have the opportunity to accomodate you again the next time your travels bring you back to the Boston/Cambridge area. Have a great day!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We live in Manhattan and come up for Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics games. We always love staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Boston-Cambridge. It's convenient to all, is right near a great Starbucks, and a hop-skip to Boston.

The rooms are always perfect...clean, comfortable, stylish and always quiet. And the beds are really comfortable! What puts this hotel over the top is the incredibly nice staff, from the front desk, management and room staff. We always leave a tip for the room staff on the dresser after every night's stay, and get the nicest thank you. In fact it's us thanking them for a job well done!

When we were there recently somebody hit our bumper in the garage leaving a black mark. The garage people were really nice. It wasn't a big deal...nothing that we couldn't take to our local body shop guy to rub out. But we were impressed with their genuine concern.

I just recommended the hotel to a corporate planner friend who books groups a few times a year in Boston. Also a perfect choice for a group.

So don't think twice about staying in this fantastic hotel. Sure you can spend more, get a little cushier accommodations...but why? This hotel is a gem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hello Hoppysport, thank you for the 5-star review! As General Manager, I am genuinely appreciative that you choose the Courtyard Boston Cambridge when traveling to the area. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your most recent stay! Thank you for the complementary comments regarding our rooms, location, and staff. We certainly appreciate the referral to your friend who is a corporate travel planner as well! We look forward to the next time your visit. See you again soon! Best regards.
Conway, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I usually don't write reviews because I not sure how much they actually matter to the company. But I have to write about my recent stay with this particular hotel. I arrive late with two small childern and my husband and after a long long trip I was not the most pleasant person. Yet I have to say the person working behind the desk made me feel like their really cared. Tony was the gentleman name and he actually made me smile and made sure that we had everything we needed. Because it was late we didn't have chance to get anything for the childern to settle down with. He played with them while me and my husband drag the bags out the car and gave them milk to drink. I usually wouldn't leave my kids with someone I just meet but I could tell that he took his postion serious. I ask about him the next day because i wanted to let other managers know how thankful I was for his help. If every manager in this hotel is like him than I will make sure to come back everytime we are in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Renee P, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review!
We are thrilled that you felt welcomed ,and well taken
care of as our guest here. Anthony is our evening
manager, and we will be certain to share with him,
how much he influenced your experience.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is an excellent Courtyard with a super staff! Having seen the hotel from the outside many times, I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I stayed here recently. But it was great! In particular, all the staff were some of the most courteous and helpful I have ever encountered in a hotel. The atmosphere is most welcoming! And this is one of the few Marriotts which seems to care about "elite" members (i.e. those who are members of the frequent stay program). The room was excellent as well - very, very comfortable bed, very quiet, and clean bathroom with abundant hot water and great water pressure. The morning breakfast buffet was excellent as well - good, varied, and fresh selection. Overall, a great stay and I would highly recommend this Courtyard when visiting Cambridge/Boston!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Renee P, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of our hotel!
You are quite right, we do always try to recognize our Elite members and thank them for their loyalty. We are delighted that you felt that way and look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you back!
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

As a flight attendant that stays here a few times a month, this place is always great. Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, beautiful location( I am a runner and love the path along the Charles). My only complaint is that you switch the air on earlier in the year and keep it longer in the Fall.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for your reveiw of our hotel! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to experience the beautiful running path along the Charles River.
You are right, Boston weather can be a bid difficult to predict in between seasons, and we can be surprised by a sudden shift for a day or two. We certainly do our best to predict the trends, so that our guests are always comfortable.
Thank you so much for this feeedback. We hope to see you again very soon!
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is AMAZING!
We were back packing East coast USA so this was a little bit of luxury during our trip and we weren't disappointed.
Our room was on the 14th floor with beautiful views across the Charles River, the bed was so comfortable that we didn't want to get up in the mornings.
We didn't eat breakfast, but it looked lovely and we regretted not doing so, on our next visit we will take full advantage.
The staff were so welcoming and friendly we will 100% be staying there again when we visit Boston, also its location is perfect for exploring all aspects of the city, you wont go wrong staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hi Vickyhall, and thank you for the 5 STAR REVIEW! As General Manager of the Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, I am truly elated to read about your amazing experience with us! Safe travels and we will see you the next time you return!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge? Share your experiences!