“Superb Hotel and Incredible Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Cambridge
New York City, New York
“Superb Hotel and Incredible Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We live in Manhattan and come up for Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics games. We always love staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Boston-Cambridge. It's convenient to all, is right near a great Starbucks, and a hop-skip to Boston.

The rooms are always perfect...clean, comfortable, stylish and always quiet. And the beds are really comfortable! What puts this hotel over the top is the incredibly nice staff, from the front desk, management and room staff. We always leave a tip for the room staff on the dresser after every night's stay, and get the nicest thank you. In fact it's us thanking them for a job well done!

When we were there recently somebody hit our bumper in the garage leaving a black mark. The garage people were really nice. It wasn't a big deal...nothing that we couldn't take to our local body shop guy to rub out. But we were impressed with their genuine concern.

I just recommended the hotel to a corporate planner friend who books groups a few times a year in Boston. Also a perfect choice for a group.

So don't think twice about staying in this fantastic hotel. Sure you can spend more, get a little cushier accommodations...but why? This hotel is a gem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Hello Hoppysport, thank you for the 5-star review! As General Manager, I am genuinely appreciative that you choose the Courtyard Boston Cambridge when traveling to the area. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your most recent stay! Thank you for the complementary comments regarding our rooms, location, and staff. We certainly appreciate the referral to your friend who is a corporate travel planner as well! We look forward to the next time your visit. See you again soon! Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Conway, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I usually don't write reviews because I not sure how much they actually matter to the company. But I have to write about my recent stay with this particular hotel. I arrive late with two small childern and my husband and after a long long trip I was not the most pleasant person. Yet I have to say the person working behind the desk made me feel like their really cared. Tony was the gentleman name and he actually made me smile and made sure that we had everything we needed. Because it was late we didn't have chance to get anything for the childern to settle down with. He played with them while me and my husband drag the bags out the car and gave them milk to drink. I usually wouldn't leave my kids with someone I just meet but I could tell that he took his postion serious. I ask about him the next day because i wanted to let other managers know how thankful I was for his help. If every manager in this hotel is like him than I will make sure to come back everytime we are in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Renee P, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review!
We are thrilled that you felt welcomed ,and well taken
care of as our guest here. Anthony is our evening
manager, and we will be certain to share with him,
how much he influenced your experience.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is an excellent Courtyard with a super staff! Having seen the hotel from the outside many times, I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I stayed here recently. But it was great! In particular, all the staff were some of the most courteous and helpful I have ever encountered in a hotel. The atmosphere is most welcoming! And this is one of the few Marriotts which seems to care about "elite" members (i.e. those who are members of the frequent stay program). The room was excellent as well - very, very comfortable bed, very quiet, and clean bathroom with abundant hot water and great water pressure. The morning breakfast buffet was excellent as well - good, varied, and fresh selection. Overall, a great stay and I would highly recommend this Courtyard when visiting Cambridge/Boston!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Renee P, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of our hotel!
You are quite right, we do always try to recognize our Elite members and thank them for their loyalty. We are delighted that you felt that way and look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you back!
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

As a flight attendant that stays here a few times a month, this place is always great. Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, beautiful location( I am a runner and love the path along the Charles). My only complaint is that you switch the air on earlier in the year and keep it longer in the Fall.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for your reveiw of our hotel! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to experience the beautiful running path along the Charles River.
You are right, Boston weather can be a bid difficult to predict in between seasons, and we can be surprised by a sudden shift for a day or two. We certainly do our best to predict the trends, so that our guests are always comfortable.
Thank you so much for this feeedback. We hope to see you again very soon!
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is AMAZING!
We were back packing East coast USA so this was a little bit of luxury during our trip and we weren't disappointed.
Our room was on the 14th floor with beautiful views across the Charles River, the bed was so comfortable that we didn't want to get up in the mornings.
We didn't eat breakfast, but it looked lovely and we regretted not doing so, on our next visit we will take full advantage.
The staff were so welcoming and friendly we will 100% be staying there again when we visit Boston, also its location is perfect for exploring all aspects of the city, you wont go wrong staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hi Vickyhall, and thank you for the 5 STAR REVIEW! As General Manager of the Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, I am truly elated to read about your amazing experience with us! Safe travels and we will see you the next time you return!
Sunnyvale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Otherwise it's 15-20 min walk to nearest subway. If you are sensitive to noises, stay at high floor (>10th) and avoid facing the streets (river view). Room is nice and in-room amenties feel new, except the coffee maker feels cheap and the coffee taste bad. Staff is very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast is good. However the annex Japanese restaurant is so-so but there isn't much dining option in walking distance.

Room Tip: Got a car unless you don't mind walking 20m to subway or paying for cab
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello backspin18, thank you for the review! As General Manager, I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for staying with us. I am truly glad you enjoyed your visit in a high floor room with a view of the historic Charles River! While we are indeed a 15 minute walk to the T, we offer a shuttle to the local station as well as to many other restaurants and popular parts of Cambridge. I am sorry to see that you did not like the in-room coffee machine. We are currently in the process of upgrading all our rooms to brand new stainless steel single cup brewers. We provide Barista Bold by Royal Cup, the Marriott standard chosen for quality. In addition, we offer complimentary coffee in the lobby from 5a - 11a daily and we are within close walking distance to both Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to having the opportunity to accomodate you the next time your travels bring you the greater Boston area!
South Windsor, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Pros: Location is convenient to Memorial Drive and the MassPike. Staff is friendly and efficient. The attached Japanese restaurant is very good.
Cons: Not particularly convenient to Cambridge nightlife, Harvard, or MIT. Hotel charges for parking, but you might be able to find free on-street parking. Just be careful to watch out for resident only parking.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Rob R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hello Golden Retriever Lover, thank you for the wonderful review of the Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge! As General Manager, I am genuinely glad that you found our staff to be friendly and efficient and that you had a great dining experience as well! As you mentioned, we are right off the Mass Pike on Memorial Drive. Our location along the historic Charles River is something we are quite proud of. As for our location to local nightlife, we are a 15 minute walk to Central Square and the Red Line T station. As an added amenity, we also offer a hotel shuttle service until 11pm. Thank you so much for staying with us and we would be grateful for the opportunity to accomodate you again should your travels bring you back to the Boston/Cambridge area!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Cambridge? Share your experiences!