“Needs repairs and updating” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Fort Payne
1416 Glen Blvd., PO Box 680655, Fort Payne, AL 35968   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Fort Payne
MS
“Needs repairs and updating”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Recently stopped overnight here while driving to another destination. The room needed major updating. First we could not get the room warm even with the heater blasting. Then my husband realized there was a big crack at the bottom of the door that was letting cold air blow into the room. Had to take towels and cover this up. The bed spreads where filthy and had holes in it. There was mold all over the floor of the bathroom. I wasn't expecting anything fancy being a Days Inn, but I do expect it to be relativity clean. The lady at the front desk was very polite and the breakfast was decent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca J, Manager at Days Inn Fort Payne, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize that the heater did not get warm enough. I apologize for the restroom cleanness. These problems will get looked into and will be fixed.
Becka Jennings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here on Saturday night, after driving all day. Have always had decent experiences with Days Inn. Sorry, but this place is a dump! The lady at the desk indicated that they have been painting & remodeling, but apparently that didn't include replacing old & worn out mattresses. We had 2 rooms (doubles) & we thought the springs were going to come thru!! Creaky & uncomfortable!! The tv in one of our rooms didn't work, at all. One of our rooms was very poorly painted with the fire alarm hanging by a couple of wires AND there was some unknown substance all over one of the walls!! Yuck, just yuck.... Not to mention that the price was pretty steep for small town Alabama! When we brought all of this up to the front desk, the lady pretty much blew us off & said there is no manager, only the owner... SERIOUSLY??!! Do yourself a favor.... DON'T stay here!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. First I want to apologize for the front desk personal. Second I want to apologize for the bad experience you had a our facility. We were doing some painting and revelations, we will make sure that the next person that stays in the rooms that you had will have a better experience.
Becka Jennings.
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was later in the evening when we arrived. The person at the desk was very nice. I balked at the first quote and she was willing to "see what she could do", she gave me a very competitive rate for the room. The room was clean and comfortable. The shower was nice and had plenty of hot water. Peasant stay. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rebecca J, Manager at Days Inn Fort Payne, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you Mr. Jeremy R. for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, We hope to see you again.
Becka Jennings
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

When I checked in the woman charged me $73 for the room. I asked why so high and said I didn't have AAA. I should have challenged her but instead I took my tired self on down to the noisy, threadbare room with the lumpy pillows. Since I'm not comfortable here and am still awake at 1 am, I check and sure enough, this room is listed at $59. With not a lot of grace the morning clerk adjusted it without quite calling me a liar.
There are too many places to stay at this exit to put up with this kind of treatment.

• Stayed January 2013
Rebecca J, Manager at Days Inn Fort Payne, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
I just want to apoligize for the front deck clerk first. That should not have happened and it will be looked into. I apoligize for you not getting the AAA discount when you checked in also.
We hope to see you in the future.

Been to Days Inn Fort Payne? Share your experiences!