“Very pleasant!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham, AL
“Very pleasant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here 6 times on business in 2011 and 2012. I always found the rooms to be very clean, comfortable, and adequate. As a woman traveling alone, I also felt safe. The front desk staff was outstanding, always prompt, courteous & helpful. The bed was always comfortable and the bathroom is plenty big enough for one or two people. It is also close to several restaurants. Only 2 very minor comments- It is so close to the Interstate that if you are a light sleeper and have good hearing, you can hear highway traffic. This never kept me awake however. Also, the coffee at the delicious breakfast buffet was not strong enough for my taste! These are the only 2 minor complaints I can think of. If you are fortunate enough to have a little time on your hands while in the Ft. Payne area, visit beautiful Desoto State Park or Little River Canyon. This is a truly beautiful part of the state!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for business and I travel often. You get off slowest elevator ever and smell of smoke hits you (no air conditioning in hallways either). Extremely outdated room with stains on carpet, furniture and walls. Also, door doesn't shut all the way you can see big gap. They updated lobby and first floor but seemed to have forgotten the rest of hotel. Front desk not the friendliest either. I'm also diamond hiltonhonors and usually receive water, snacks or cookies at other Hamptons but nothing here. Lastly, it's way over priced.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
bcad21, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Payne, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for sharing a review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I understand that the look and feel of your room was not up to our usual brand standards, and we are working to correct the issue. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and we are actively working on freshening our guestrooms and common areas. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us again, we would love to have you and hear your feedback on our updates.
Thank you.
Georgetown, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

There is nothing special about this property except it's conveininetly located off of I-59.
The check-in staff was so-so, not lookoing as they really cared if you stayed or not.
I agree with the reveiw below that the property is aging and at $129/nite one would think they could clean the carpets.
Should you find yourself in neloed of accomendations in Fort Payne, AL you might want to try another hotel and this from a looyal HH Diamnd member.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Indoor pool, microwave, frig, fitness center, large,clean rooms, the list goes on..Then as we are leaving at 4:00 AM the person on duty asks if we would like a bagel to go since we would be missing the 6:00 AM breakfast..Now that is service!! How thoughtful! I'll be through there again..I'll be sure to put this place first on my list

Room Tip: Ask about specials. We looked on Expedia then asked when we went in. They gave us an even better dea...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Ive stayed here once a year for the last five years and I've always had a positive experience but the rooms are in need of some deep cleaning and updating. I was on the forth floor and upon exiting the elevator I was hit by a strong odor of smoke. The room was the same as most other hamptons. The bathroom was very clean but the bed had long hairs and a very light yellow stain on the sheets. The carpet turned my sock dark brown. The chair was terribly stained as pictured. On the bright side the bed an pillows were comfortable and the rate was the lowest I ever remember paying at this hotel. I think next time I'll try out the holiday inn to compare...

• Stayed June 2012
Mobile, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

You'll get what you expect from this Hampton Inn. It is pretty standard issue- nice rooms, clean, etc. Location wise, it is a double edged sword. Close to the interstate, easy on and off. Being right off the interstate it is stuck between a Lowe's and a K-Mart, not exactly picturesque. Enough restaurants close by (many in walking distance) to earn it an extra point in my book. In case someone from management is reading this... upgrade your TV service. Relatively few channels (20 maybe, with half of those news and sports).

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room that doesn't face the interstate if you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Luray, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Drive a Motorcoach for a college team . So stay in a lot of hotels . This one was very nice , not easy for a Bus but overall GOOD ! Oh, Renee was so nice and helpfull !! And BEAUTIFUL !!

Room Tip: Problem ? Ask Renee
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Fort Payne? Share your experiences!