- The bathrooms were clean and serviceable, although a blow dryer would have been nice.
- Breakfast was actually pretty good and included a small section of hot breakfast including pancakes and sausages.
- Free wifi in the lounge and dining areas.
- The staff were nice and helpful.
- Beds are a thin layer of foam on a very flimsy box spring. This is perhaps tolerable if you sleep very easily or are only staying for one night
- The décor in the rooms is very dated and could certainly use updating. The room did have new looking laminate floors, so perhaps they are slowly remodelling?
- Hotel has no elevator, so if you are staying on the second floor, be prepared to drag your luggage up the stairs.
- The curtains do almost nothing to block out the late night sun.
- Hella is a very small town with very little to do and only one decent restaurant. Selfoss is relatively close by and offers many more options for accommodations, leisure and dining.
I am actually really conflicted about how to rate this hotel. For heavy sleepers on a tight budget this hotel would probably be perfectly fine.
However, I would not recommend this hotel if you can afford to spend a little bit more - especially if you are planning on staying for more than one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Hella is a 2/3 star type tourist class hotel offering 35 rooms with shower/wc and 18 rooms with shared facilities. Situated in Hella village just off Iceland's Ring Road, Hotel Hella offers a convenient place to stay for tourists travelling around Iceland. Hotel Hella has free parking and the local gas station and supermarket are located just one minutes' walk away. Selfoss is the largest town in the South of Iceland and is located 35km away. Guests can choose from single, double or triple rooms with private facilities. All of these rooms have recently had Wi-Fi installed for uploading all your great pictures! We also have double rooms with shared facilities and guests can access Wi-Fi in public areas. A continental breakfast is included in the price and it is served each morning in Hella Hotel's dining room. Arhus restaurant is located just across the street and serves a rich variety of local plates and global favourites. Also at Arhus there is an information centre where you can find out about popular activities in the area include hiking and cycling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Hella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Hella Iceland