“Outstanding Food, Service and Accomodation” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Ranga to your Saves list
Hotel Ranga
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sudurlandsvegur, Hella 851, Iceland   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Hella
“Outstanding Food, Service and Accomodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

No sign of the Northern lights sadly; however our stay was wonderful and I'm sure we'll be back. :-)

Comfortable lounge areas, a well stocked bar and fabulous food. Topped off with wonderful service (a special thanks to Lukas who also had a sense of humour and looked after us well - always ready with a chilled bottle of our preferred wine)

• Stayed October 2013

720 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, nothing i stoo much trouble. If you do not see anything you like on the menu they will try to find you something you do like, although if you don't like whats on the menu then I pity you. The food is incredible. It is expertly prepared and served and every mouthful provides pleasure as the mixture of tastes and textures simply blow your mind. Our room was very spacious, extremely clean and very quiet. It was blissful. To top it all we even saw the Northern Lights during our stay thanks to the hotel policy of informing you whenever they appear should you so wish. The hotel and the meals wee worth every penny, and I cannot think of a nicer place to visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at Ranga over two nights and can say it was of the five hotels in Iceland we stayed at the best. Accommodation was great with well appointed bathroom - giant bath to boot. The staff were helpful and made our stay a delight. Food was wonderful but needless to say a bit more pricey than UK but we knew that before we went to this great country. Ranga is so convenient for travel in the south. The light show on the Sunday was as promised by the manager the most humbling and fantastic experience of our lives. Thanks Ranga

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Ranga for 4 nights in October 2013.
We cannot reccmmend this hotel enough.
We had a delux room which was very clean and comfortable.
The Staff were very helpful and friendly. The food was very good.
To top off our stay we saw the Northern lights in all their Splendour sat in the hot tub with a glass of wine.

Room Tip: The delux rooms are larger than standard.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

After a bad stay at Hotel Hekla I was happy to be at Hotel Ranga. The food was very good, service was fantastic, and the room was clean and wonderful. Each room has a cozy porch outside where you may be able to sit and watch the sunset or the aurora (depending on the direction you are facing). The shower took a bit of getting used to since it was a large tub with a hand sprayer, but the bathroom was very nicely kept.

The breakfast was also fantastic, offering eggs, bacon, potatoes, pastries, cereal, fruit, and waffles. There was something for everyone, even myself who can't eat dairy and has trouble with bakers yeast. I also had trouble working a few things in the room and the staff would walk to my room right then to help me out. A breath of fresh air!

I also enjoyed working on the 1000 piece puzzle in the game area. I just wish I had known there was a game area on day 1.

Room Tip: I stayed right next to the lobby and thought it would be noisy but it was not. Nice room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I'll start by saying when me and my partner booked this hotel for two nights six months prior to traveling I received a email to say they had been a problem with my booking and the amount we had been told was in correct and would have to pay a further €100 I emailed the hotel manager who in formed me we wouldn't have to pay anymore and the original price still stood. Happy customer. We didn't use the restaurant as we were out morning until night so ate on the way back from our travels. But did try the burgers in the bar and these were amazing. We liked the mini bar in the room as we used this to chill our duty free champagne for the hot tub. Breakfast was lovely and plenty of choice. Last thing I want to mention is my partner left his keys and a few other items in the room once we had left for Reykjavik. Long story short a member of the hotel staff brought them to our new hotel for us as they were visiting. Me and my partner have fallen in love with Iceland and when we come back we will be staying at the ranga.

• Stayed October 2013
Aarhus, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I immediately jumped into the hot pot, when we arrived there. I had to, without any hesitance.
This hotel was a real discovery, we came there due to a hint from another traveller on our way.
And we enjoyed so much, after our tour in the highlands and being out of civilisation for some days....and then: nice food, warm beds, a wonderful hot pot on the terrace...
Like heaven, and a real quiet one! Relaxation garantueed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Ranga? Share your experiences!