“Do it” 5 of 5 stars

Visit Blue Lagoon like an insider
Special Offer
$94*
and up
Reykjavik Super Saver: Blue Lagoon Round-Trip...
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Grindavik
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Dining, City walk sightseeing
More attraction details
Owner description: This geothermal lagoon has a comfortable temperature averaging 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40C) with mineral-rich waters rumored to have curative powers.
Brooklyn, New York
14 attraction reviews
“Do it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were a little worried that such a touristy place would be cheesy and not worth it so we were surprised at how much we enjoyed it. It's a unique experience that you can only do in a handful of places in the world and it will be a highlight of your trip. I do have to disagree with everyone else recommending to do it on your way to the airport. We went immediately after landing and it was the perfect thing to get us over our jet lag. I'd definitely recommend doing it first thing rather than last.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Complete bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We visited here on the way to the airport. The queue to stow luggage took about 20 minutes which was a bit frustrating but where we lost here we gained by having pre-purchased our entrance tickets online so We could skip past the whole queue. We bought the basic package so took our own towels and costumes and flip-flops. We probably needn't have bothered with the flip-flops as it is such a short walk outside to get in the pool. However, if you thought you may get out and wander around it would be a good idea. We didn't really get out except to have a sauna and steam and they are right by the edge of the pool anyway. The prices of the drinks from the bar are probably less than I would have expected from a place like this, it was around 500kr for a slushie and around 900kr for a beer. The changing rooms are lovely and clean and have quite a luxurious feel and even if I could have afforded it I don't think I would bother with the private bathroom top-end option as it is all really nice anyway and what you really want is to be outside in the water. The water is very warm and has some very hotspots which you come across periodically. When we first arrived at around 10am it was relatively quiet until about 12noon when it really was quite busy. It is certainly worth getting there early for some quiet time if you can. Later on there were a handful of children which never bothers me, I have kids, but it is too hot and most of them were crying and miserable and clearly overheating. Don't bring your children, you won't be able to enjoy the experience and they definitely won't. I did cover my hair with massive amounts of conditioner before I went in on the recommendation of a reviewer on here. Well worth it. Amazing place, you have to go!

uk
3 attraction reviews
“Didn't want to leave!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Booked the standard package at the Blue Lagoon. This provides you with access to the lagoon and a decent sized locker for you clothes and handbag etc. If you have luggage or hand luggage sized bags then you can check these into the left luggage area for 500ISK per day (please note even though they quote prices in euros they do not accept payment in Euros!). You will need a towel and these can be hired if you are not staying at the Northern Light Inn where they provide you with towels to use at the lagoon. Even though we had checked out from the NLI we were allowed to use the towels and leave them at the lagoon for one of their staff to collect. Once you have showered and put on your costume you can access the lagoon from inside the building and swim outside. We found that we did not need to hire flip flops or bathrobe although we did not constantly get in and out of the pool or relax in the inside restaurant. If you were intending to do that then I suspect a robe and shoes would be required. The water really is blue and very hot in places where they pump the fresh water in. Watch out for staff from the blue lagoon who will take your photo on their tablet and email it to you free of charge. They are not there all the time so if you see them taking photos get in the queue. We came away clean and very relaxed. Showers come complete with shampoo and hair conditioner ( you will need it!) and powerful hairdryers are available for use.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“A must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

If in Iceland I think this is a must do. We spent a couple of hours here and was so relaxed afterwards (if a little wrinkly). It is a little expensive but well worth the money. You do have to take a couple of steps into the cold air before getting into the lush warm water but oh its so nice when you get in. Top tip. Be careful when putting on the mud pack on the side of the lagoon, I rubbed my eye without thinking, took me ages to get all the bits out. Also sit near the large brown box on side of pool as this is where they top up the warm water, every few minutes it kicks in and the warm water comes in, I sat there for two hours, If I had been in a microwave Id have gone ding lol. Everyone should go there at least once.

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Blue Lagoon Iceland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I visited the Blue Lagoon with two friends of ours in January 2014.
It was a fantastic experience and one not too be missed if visiting Iceland, the water is at a very warm temperature, most enjoyable.
Beware though, if you book a trip to this wonderful place, there are additional costs to get into the complex and to swim, these charges are not always explained when you book the trip, although you can book a complete package in some places.
Compared to the UK Iceland is quite expensive.