“Very Good Overnight Stay; In for State Fair and Museum Visits” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #19 of 40 hotels in Springfield
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Good Overnight Stay; In for State Fair and Museum Visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

The purpose of our trip was to attend Republican Day at the Illinois State Fair and tour some of the Abraham Lincoln historic sights.

We arrived around about 2:00PM on a Thursday to find the hotel fairly empty with only a handful of cars in the parking lot. A man at the front desk was mildly rude, saying that they didn't have any rooms available when I was ready to check-in. Yet after two minutes a woman came by and gave him the numbers for some rooms that were available and he promptly checked us in thereafter.

We were very impressed by the renovated rooms and hotel. Everything was very clean and the room was very spacious with ample storage, large comfortable queen beds, flat panel tv, huge desk, and a mini-cooler. Unfortunately the mini-cooler has a timer that has settings for two and eight hours so you'll have to constantly reset it if you don't want your goods to perish or warm up. There was an ice machine and soda machine on our level.

The hotel was reasonably well located. Very close to shopping on the edge of Springfield, and also located on Veterans Parkway which provides easy access to the State Fairgrounds as well as Lincoln's Tomb. Downtown Springfield is also about 15-20 minutes away.

Overall I was impressed with my stay at this hotel, definitely above average for its class, and I was also very pleased that I got the room for free through the Marriott rewards program. I choose this hotel over the Hilton or Lincoln Hotel in Downtown.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

I am currently staying at the Courtyard in Springfield. My husband stays here when he works out of Springfield.

I must say that my room 304 is beautiful. The carpet is brand new, and the room has a very modern feel. The bed is very comfortable. Our guest atttendant Larny was wonderful as well.

The best part is the the hotel is located close to a Walmart and a Target. The hotel is also very close to a few eating establishments.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Centreville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

The lobby was modern and clean. The staff was accommodating and we had an easy check-in. Our room was clean but a little cramped. I would stay here again but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Ballwin, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

I have stayed here several times a year. Typical Courtyard with good staff and service. The sleeping rooms were upgraded first. No longer that tire Marriott look that's been around for 25 years. Rooms are comfortable and have a much more contemporary look and feel. The final piece was the lobby area. This is no longer your typical Courtyard. The lobby is more contemporary with a comfortable Bistro appearance.

If you are used to the same old Courtyard experience, you may want to check this refreshed property. Very much an improvement over the old look and feel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

I was a bit disappointed in this courtyard as it is undergoing renovation and the rooms still feel a bit tired. Pillows were lumpy. I stay with Courtyard a lot and although this hotel has very friendly employees its definitely not more than average.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Phoenix,AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

I stayed in room 315 in early July 09. The hotel has recently under gone a whole renovation. The lobby looked really nice but, when I commented to the front desk they said the lobby was the last to be finished.(about 2 weeks)
I was able to check in early, which was great as I was checking out of a nearby hotel.
There is a washer and dryer available(fee) on first floor. The washer was not operating properly, so I told 2 employees. They said they would notify maintenance. I had to take my clothes out of washer and go to the laundromat. I did not ask nor did any employee offer to give me my money back.
There was no noise from the renovations or inconvience. My room was near the elevator again no noticable noise. The room over looked I-4(Veterans Parkway). The room had a mini balcony. The room had a King bed with a pullout sofa bed. Upon entering room there was a closet and sink opposite each other down a pretty long hallway.(longer than most hotels of this size) It was nice.
I did have problems both nights of my stay with my room key being inoperable. One minute the door would open and the next it would not. So back down on the slow elevator to the front desk to have the room key rekeyed. I was glad they verified my name and room number before just handing a new key to me.
The lobby has a few computers for guests to use.
There is a restuarant for breakfast in the morning(not sure on the other hours). I had the breakfast buffet for $8.95, which was great service with the waitress brining coffee and juice. There is a Perkins, Baker's Square, Mc Donald, & Starbucks in the same shopping center or a Panera Bread about 1-2 miles off Veterans Parkway & Wabash.
I used the complimentary internet in the room with my laptop, which was very nice.
There is a fitness center,indoor pool and spa.
In the bathroom is Quinoa shampoo and Amaranth conditioner by Davies Gate, which I have never heard of, but was nice.
There is plenty of free parking, the lot shares with the Sleep Inn next door.
If I was in the area again I would stay here if the price was right.

• Stayed July 2009
Aurora, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

The location is good as its near shopping and restaurants. Its also about .5 mile from the start of the Wabash Trail for running and such. Overall, the hotel is just OK. Nothing special but not terrible either. The price paid would dictate the overall value of this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Springfield? Share your experiences!