“Newly Renovated” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 40 hotels in Springfield
Phoenix,AZ
“Newly Renovated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

I stayed in room 315 in early July 09. The hotel has recently under gone a whole renovation. The lobby looked really nice but, when I commented to the front desk they said the lobby was the last to be finished.(about 2 weeks)
I was able to check in early, which was great as I was checking out of a nearby hotel.
There is a washer and dryer available(fee) on first floor. The washer was not operating properly, so I told 2 employees. They said they would notify maintenance. I had to take my clothes out of washer and go to the laundromat. I did not ask nor did any employee offer to give me my money back.
There was no noise from the renovations or inconvience. My room was near the elevator again no noticable noise. The room over looked I-4(Veterans Parkway). The room had a mini balcony. The room had a King bed with a pullout sofa bed. Upon entering room there was a closet and sink opposite each other down a pretty long hallway.(longer than most hotels of this size) It was nice.
I did have problems both nights of my stay with my room key being inoperable. One minute the door would open and the next it would not. So back down on the slow elevator to the front desk to have the room key rekeyed. I was glad they verified my name and room number before just handing a new key to me.
The lobby has a few computers for guests to use.
There is a restuarant for breakfast in the morning(not sure on the other hours). I had the breakfast buffet for $8.95, which was great service with the waitress brining coffee and juice. There is a Perkins, Baker's Square, Mc Donald, & Starbucks in the same shopping center or a Panera Bread about 1-2 miles off Veterans Parkway & Wabash.
I used the complimentary internet in the room with my laptop, which was very nice.
There is a fitness center,indoor pool and spa.
In the bathroom is Quinoa shampoo and Amaranth conditioner by Davies Gate, which I have never heard of, but was nice.
There is plenty of free parking, the lot shares with the Sleep Inn next door.
If I was in the area again I would stay here if the price was right.

• Stayed July 2009

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Aurora, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

The location is good as its near shopping and restaurants. Its also about .5 mile from the start of the Wabash Trail for running and such. Overall, the hotel is just OK. Nothing special but not terrible either. The price paid would dictate the overall value of this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

We had a good pleasant experience at this Courtyard, fully meeting our expectations for the Courtyard product. Well maintained, clean and comfortably large rooms, friendly staff and well kept property with ample easy parking. Free coffee/tea in lobby and nice informal lounge.

• Liked — Good vlalue, clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Not in center of Springfield, about 15-20 minute car ride away
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

Had a great stay. My family had an opportunity to enjoy the pool, however it didn't the jets pumping in the hot tub (weird). The hotel is conveniently located- Target, Walmart, etc. (within walking distance). The staff was very friendly and helpful. We ordered some fast food for dinner and need plates and spoons and thankfully the guy at the front desk offered us some. I enjoyed my stay and plan to go again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
travelguy20
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

This hotel is one of the older Courtyard Marriott's and is in serious need of a remodel. The lobby is fine, but the room I was in had a horrible damp/smoke smell that hit you as soon as you walked in. Ironically there was a large sign on the TV boasting about the room being smoke free. I adjusted to it but was reminded of it when I got home and unpacked- all of my clothes had assumed the strong smoke smell. The whirlpool was closed for cleaning which was disappointing. The breakfast buffet was well priced, but pretty awful in quality, so it really wasn't worth it. The location is good and the exterior looks fine, the inside just needs some attention. For a one night stay-over you could do a lot worse, but for an extended stay I would consider other options.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Strong smell of smoke in the room.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

We stayed here for two nights last summer, after fleeing a terrible property in a nearby town, while attending a family gathering. The property was very nice, clean, and quiet. Everything was in good working order, and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. There was a breakfast offered in the morning, but we skipped it and walked down to Starbucks a few doors down. We would stay here again, if in the area.

Stayed July 2007
Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

The Courtyard is a very nice hotel if you need a spot on the west side of Springfield. It's location is very convenient to west end shopping and businesses. The hotel is kept up to the standards of Marriott and quite comfortable. My only complaint is one that the management can't fix. It is very shoddily constructed and thus every footstep overhead is heard and felt. Why oh why chains like Courtyard and Fairfield continue to construct multi-story hotels out of lumber I cannot understand. I'm surprised the fire code allows it for one, but there are so many superior construction methods that cost very little extra and provide substantiality to the building. My hope is that Marriott would consider this in their future properties. They have a great product, it just lacks a quality framework.

• Liked — Good Location, Comfortable and Clean
  • Disliked — Frame Construction meant noises that would not be present in better constructed building.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard Springfield? Share your experiences!