“Good value for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #19 of 40 hotels in Springfield
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good value for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean, the staff friendly and the bed comfortable. While we like to try different hotels, we always know what to expect at a marriott run hotel. Location is good for a variety of restaurants.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is the only hotel I've stayed at in the area but I enjoyed it very much. I wound up getting a reasonable rate with the Negotiator after the 'Wire produced prices too rich for my want. We got there around 11.30pm because the wife and I drove down from Chicago and it was snowing. No one at the front desk and we waited for a while then I just walked back into an office where the front desk staff was playing games on the net. The lobby looked good. Outside was nothing to write home about. It was located about a stone's throw from downtown Springfield which was great. There's a lot of fast food options nearby and it's around mall. The room was spacious. Clean enough. The beds were firm and comfy. Wife and I slept great. No free breakfast. There is a cafe but i didn't check it out. Starbucks and McDonalds and Wendy's are down the street plus some other chains for a cheaper alternative. Check out was a breeze although I wanted in-room check out which was not available. The front desk staff was pleasant.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor. There'a a lounge there where folks drink wine.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed one night at this Courtyard. My room cost $134.35 with AAA discount and tax.

It does NOT include breakfast but boasts a cute cafe in which you can pay top dollar for your room and then pay MORE for your breakfast. An employee told me that hotels with the word "Inn" in the name include breakfast, the others do not. Hmmm, Red Roof Inn does not include breakfast, so maybe this only applies to Marriott properties.
The room itself was excellent with every comfort one expects at a Courtyard. The fitness room was great and everything worked well.
There is a Mexican restaurant next door. I walked over and got takeout, which was very good.
I liked this Courtyard very much. Because I want a hot breakfast included for that price, I would go with a Fairfield Inn next time I'm in that area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear MTIndiana,
Thank you for your review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your room and our fitness center. Please accept my apologies if there was any misunderstanding about breakfast. As a brand, Courtyard by Marriott does not offer a complimentary breakfast. However, we do offer a special rate that does include breakfast. If you need help with any future reservations, I'd be happy to assist in making sure you get the breakfast rate.

Kind thanks,
moonhope
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I am petitioning for courtyards to bring back the free coffee in the lobby and will only rate them average (3) unless they do....This one does not. They have the absolute nicest staff...and an updated hotel. Nice small work out room with tv, indoor pool. Lots of free parking and plenty to do with in less than a mile. Drive downtown and see Lincoln's home...excellent 30 minute tour..worth the 12-15 minute drive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Moonhope,
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Springfield. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed our workout room and pool. I'm also proud to read your comments about my staff, they will be pleased to hear that their efforts are being noticed. I wanted to be sure you knew we do in fact offer free coffee in our lobby until 5PM. I apologize if you were not told about it. Please come back and see us the next time you are in the area.

Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Stayed during Illinois State Fair weekend for sibling wedding at a nearby country club. We had a suite because we had our young son with us and he needed a room to himself. The bed was VERY comfortable, but the room was a bit musty, we attempted to move, but they did not have any other suites available. The "living" room was very comfortable and large and accommodated us very well. The front desk staff was VERY helpful, we needed a quick trip to an Urgent Care and since we were not local they helped us very quickly.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This Courtyard struck me as being past its peak. I was a little bit uncomfortable with the neighborhood after dark.

Front desk clerk was affable and perky. Hotel lobby seemed a little small and dark. Our room was clean but on the older side. The air in the room was musty.

We drove a block north to Applebee's for dinner. After dinner, there were man, a woman, and two kids loitering around a van with open doors in the dark parking lot. Arriving in the hotel parking lot after dark, I was uncomfortable enough with the loud patrons of the restaurant and bar next door to the hotel that I made sure to park on the opposite side of the lot from them. We were on the road for 10 days on this trip, and this neighborhood was the least comfortable we encountered.

Continental breakfast was available but unremarkable.

If I visit Springfield again, I'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Jt_home,
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Springfield. I apologize if you have a less than perfect stay. Guest safety is very important to us, and I want to assure you that our property is located in a safe neighborhood. I hope that you will offer us another opportunity to prove it to you the next time you are in Springfield.

Chatham, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The staff of this Marriott bent over backwards to make my family and I feel welcomed and at home. Their new remodel looked very modern and elegant. I would definitely stay here again! Their breakfast was delicious, and I had no complaints with my stay! Great hotel! Highly impressed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Springfield? Share your experiences!