“Great Experience for all--including your furry friends!” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites Springfield
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3180 S Dirksen Pkwy, Springfield, IL 62703   |
Ranked #6 of 40 hotels in Springfield
Chicago, IL
“Great Experience for all--including your furry friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Loved the Drury! The property was very well maintained even though it was an older property. The room was nicely upgraded with flat screen tv, expanded cable, and a super comfy bed and recliner (deluxe king room.) The cooling system in the room was great during our recent heatwave. The manager's reception was a pleasant surprise...3 adult beverages per person and a buffet that was plenty to have as your dinner meal. I was also thrilled to see the free hour of long distance per day or 15 minutes per day to Canada (I called an old friend up in the north woods!)

Best of all, for me, was the pets allowed policy. The Drury does not charge an extra fee for pets, and the pet agreement is very reasonable (i.e. pick up after your dog, don't leave dogs in room alone for more than 30 minutes, keep dogs quiet especially during quiet hours 10 pm-7am.) There were also good places to walk your dogs around the property.

The Drury is now my "go to" hotel in Springfield. I will look for other Drury properties, especially when traveling with my dogs. I hope they are all this nice!

Room Tip: I asked for the top floor at the end and that's exactly what I got. It was very quiet up there...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
El Paso, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I've actually never had a bad experience at a Drury, and I've now stayed in about 6, if I recall correctly. I love that they have popcorn and soda (and alcoholic beverages for adults) free to customers, the cocktail hour (really like a small meal), and hot and cold breakfast options. I don't typically eat breakfast unless I'm staying at a hotel, though, so my standards for breakfast are not sky-high (heck, my fave breakfast comes from Bob Evans. I'm no gourmet). OK, so all I've mentioned so far is food. Now on to the rest.

I stayed here shortly after a disastrous stay at a Howard-Johnson's, also in Springfield. This was night and day. Drury had clean rooms, an indoor pool, friendly staff, good (fresh!) food ... it was a breath of fresh air after Ho-Jo's. I'm visiting again with a group of friends in late July/early August, and I'm really looking forward to the stay. The hotel can make or break your whole trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Affordable, friendly staff, great hot and cold breakfast, free drinks were a nice surprise, decent dinner food for free! Loved the popcorn and soda for the family when we watched tv in the evening. Room was just right. Very good value for a basic room that includes 2 free meals for a family of 5!

• Stayed June 2012
Fletchers Lake, NS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We arrived in Springfield early in the day and dropped our cooler off and the hotel. Tina at the front desk was so nice and made sure that it was plugged in and safe. This may not sound like much, but it makes a big difference knowing that you can sightsee with peace of mind. She also checked us in although the room wouldn't be ready until later in the day.

The hotel is an older property and probably needs a bit of a facelift. But the rooms are clean and the extra perks the Drury Inn hotel change offers is a bonus.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was clean throughout, beds were comfortable too and hotel had nice free food and drink options, including several great options for the Hot Breakfast and a light evening buffet with drinks provided. Definately worth recommending.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last march and loved it so much we decided to try it again. We booked two nights in a king room whick was very clean and comfy. Our only complaint about the room is that the toilet wouldn't flush completely every time. We also had toilet problems during our stay in march. The first night went well with a great meal and drinks for dinner in a nice seating area. Breakfast in the morn was great also.

But boy was out second night different. Durring the happy hour there was zero seating because of a large tour group so we had to skip it because carrying it back to our room wasn't an option because my husband is disabled. I would think that, like other hotels I have seen, if you had a big tour group you would atleast open one of your meeting rooms for them to enjoy their food and open up seating for the other guests.

After having to skip the meal we decide to try to enjoy the pool area as we did the evening befor but it was impossible to even walk into the pool area it was so blocked by shoes, towels and clothes of a large group. The group had taken over the whole room filling the whole pool with large blow up pool toys and kids diving in where it is marked no diving. The hot tub spa was being used as a kiddie pool by the group with even a SMALL Infant left to float in a floatie while mother went out to smoke and drink (one of their many alcoholic drinks brought from the happy hour in a pool area plainly marked no food or drink) we tried back for three hours and the group still hadn't left to let other guests enjoy the pool.

IF I do stay here again it will definately be midweek and not a weekend.

• Stayed June 2012
Omaha, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Good location close to Interstate and nice lobby area. Delicious breakfast and also nice happy hour.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Springfield? Share your experiences!