“breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 40 hotels in Springfield
Fairview Heights, Illinois
“breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

we only spent one night here, but the morning breakfast was pretty good. It was very busy and the lady working was working extremely hard to keep everything stocked and clean. Unfortunately one guest decided to get breakfast without a shirt on and his pants hanging below his butt. Several comments were made his way and one nice guest told him he should get a shirt on and that belts were made for a reason. Luckily there wasn't any more trouble and management took care of the situation. The employees and other guests staying here were all very nice to talk to. My family appreciated it

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
River Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I happened to be traveling through Springfield for work during the week of the State Fair. Pretty much every hotel in the area was booked. I am a fan of Sleep Inn's so I was happy that I was able to book a room during this busy time, although I was dreading the thought of a full noisy hotel. The staff was nice and my room was clean and comfortable; I did find that my room was a bit smaller that I am used to in a Sleep Inn although I was traveling alone so it was not an issue for me. I kept waiting for all of the noise to start....it never did. The hotel was completely booked but remained quiet. I always bring ear plugs with me and I did not have to use them at all during a 3 night stay. The coffee was good and I am always a fan of the Sleep Inn blueberry muffins; there was quite a variety of hot and cold items available for breakfast. The parking was plentiful and well lit at night. There was a Target, a Mexican restaurant, Starbucks and a Bakers Square within easy walking distance. I would book here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

these people know who the boss is = YOU.
The front desk managers were friendly and called us when we asked for our wakeups each morning on time . The maids were friendly and made our rooms look like new each day . The breakfest each day was great , it was delicous and filling . The breakfest was fresh .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairview Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here on our recent trip to the Illinois State Fair. We are Choice Priv members, so we chose to use our accumulated points on this particular visit. My family has stayed in many Sleep Inns all over, and this Sleep Inn was about average compared to the others we have visited before. The room was clean, spacious and fairly comfortable. I had a few minor complaints, but nothing that would warrant a bad review/rating and nothing that would keep me from staying here again. We had a non smoking room, but it was very obvious guests had smoked in that room sometime previously. Also, our bed linens had a couple cigarette burns in them. The hot breakfast was well stocked, however, the cereal selection had off-brands. Normally I would not complain about this, but other Sleep Inns have always carried name brand cereals. The breakfast dining area was much larger than other Sleep Inns we have stayed at, which was very very nice. The location is right off Interstate 72 with many places to eat and shop close by - many within walking distance. The IL State Fair was about 8 miles away. We had some issues getting wifi in the vicinity, but the wifi worked fine in the actual building.

We only stayed one night, and I feel we got what we expected for a relatively economical style hotel. The going rate for the night we stayed was $109.00. I am sure the prices were inflated for the State Fair goers as it was a week night.

Room Tip: I would ask if any rooms have a tub if you have small children. Our rooms have always had a stand up...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Belleville, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ok, so I have complained about the Radisson Hotel in St. Paul about them lying to me about breakfast and hitting me with an additional $ 11.00 per person and of course there is the Marriott in St. Paul that screwed me and my daughter lying to me about rate and breakfast, I mean can you believe they tried to hit me up at midnight for MORE money. I know I have kept a bunch of people from staying there and will continue to do so for the rest of my life.

But finally, there is a hotel that actually does tell the truth. Rate was $ 75.00 and it includes breakfast...not great but it did the trick. Rooms were clean, beds made daily and I will stay here again next time I am in Springfield, IL. So my question begs....how can this hotel charge me $75.00 and include breakfast where the Radisson and Marriott (all in St. Paul, MN) charge me in excess of $100.00 per night and lie to me inorder to get my business and then try and screw me out of another $ 11.00 or $22.00?? Please send me an e mail when you figure that one out.

Room Tip: I marked the location poor only because we were showing horses at the St. Fair Grounds and it was a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I do not stay at many choice hotels but this is a good one its close to the highway but I did not hear anything its a great location close to lots of shopping like Target and Walmart and lots of places to eat close by and the Mall is just a couple miles away. Bakers square is walking distance and is has really good pie.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here one night while visiting Springfield. Clean room, comfortable bed. Full breakfast included eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, bagels, cereals, toast, instant oatmeal, fresh fruit. The railroad track was outside our room. It did not bother me, however, a few guests mentioned that the trains went by 3 times during the night. If you are a light sleeper you may want to ask for a room away from the RR tracks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Springfield Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!