“Not bad, but a little pricey.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3442 Freedom Dr., Springfield, IL 62704-6516 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Springfield
heatburg
“Not bad, but a little pricey.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

I needed a place to stay in Springfield overnight after a recent job interview. The Comfort Inn was right off the highway and close to my interview, so I picked it more or less at random. The room was fine, certainly nothing was wrong with it. I enjoyed having free internet so I could check my email and make other arrangments online. My only problem is that I had a room right across from the pool, so the hall traffic was a bit distracting at times. Also, I felt the room price was a bit high for the quality of the room. Still, it was a decent experience, and I would probably stay there again--except that I got the job and will be moving to Springfield and so will probably have no need of staying in a hotel there in the future.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

We were lucky enough to find a room at this hotel (during the state fair) after walking out the hotel we had booked over the phone (it was totally foul) While this place was almost twice the rate of the first hotel, we expected that due to the short notice and the high demand for rooms at the time.
The rooms were clean, the staff was helpful and we enjoyed our stay. The one thing that I wasn't thrilled about was our beds were VERY soft, however some people do like that. Overall this was a nice hotel and I would stay here again (though I would book ahead for a better rate!)

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Great Falls, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

Run of the mill hotel located near lots of shopping and other hotels. All the other hotels were booked so this was our last choice but it was decent. Stayed in a king room, a few stains on the comforter and hairs but other than that wasnt bad. Never used the shower. Wireless was good but you had to call the front desk to get the password. Front desk clerk wasnt the sharpest tool in the box when we checked in. Took her a while to find our reservations and for her to get us a room. Booked 2 rooms together but she put us on different floors. Said breakfast was served at 6am but lucky for us it was available at 4am when we had to leave for the airport. Toast, juice, milk, yogurt, small area and right next to the front desk. Not a bad place but dont expect anything fancy. View was of a parking lot and a Bakers Square.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirty comforter
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dupo, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2007

We booked a package deal with the Comfort Inn and it was a really great family value. We received 2 nights, 2 free passes to golds gym, 4 free tickets to see the new Lincoln Museum and Presidential Library, a coupon for a free large pizza and a 2 liter of soda from Godfathers Pizza, and $30.00 in movie money for the local movie house across the street. All of this for just over $200.00 for a family of 4. Would recommend this to any family looking for a great deal. Hotel rooms were very nice, clean, had a tv, dvd player, microwave, mini fridge, coffee pot, hairdryer, king size beds and a jazzucci tub.

WHAT A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Very friendly and helpful staff.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Springfieldilcigm, General Manger at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2008
As much as I like this review I believe the kudos belong to the Comfort Suites. We do offer free passes to the Springfield Racquet and Fitness Center however and feel that you would enjoy your stay here as well!
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2007

We have stayed in this hotel several times before when visiting our daughter in Springfield. This was the first time we had stayed there after it reopened from the tornado damage. One of the first things I noticed was that there were no bedside lamps. This is not only an irritation as I like to read in bed, but also a safety issue. If one has to get up or fumble for meds or to see to get to the bathroom, there is no light near the bed to turn on quickly. Also, the floors in the bathrooms were not replaced after the tornado damage. There were several large cracks in the tile, which could cut someone's feet. The air conditioning units had been replaced, and there is no setting to be able to just run the fan if needed to keep the air moving in the room. It was very warm in the room, even though it was only 30 degrees outside, and I had to run the AC to get the room cooled down to a sort of comfortable level. The hallways were stifling hot.
Also the bed spread had stains on it, however, the sheets and pillows were clean and soft. The towels were also very soft and smelled good.
We will not stay here in the future as there are much better places in the same price range very close by.

• Liked — close proximity to relatives and shopping
  • Disliked — shabbiness of room after renovations,
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

We do have bed-side lamps in all of our rooms. It is true that the bathroom floors were not replaced after the tornado as they were not damaged and had been replaced within the last 5 years. Some on the second floor did eventually end up with some cracking due to settling but we do replace those as needed.

We look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future!
Champaign, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2005

It was like pulling teeth to get the guest agent to explain the amenities to me. Therefore, I had to keep calling the front desk to ask about local/long distance calls, the cost for wireless internet, password to access the service etc. I guess she assumed that I had time to read the guest services manual, which is what I eventually did. Rooms by the first floor elevator smelled of smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Someone is smoking in or near the rooms, could it be staff?? Coffee maker dusty, looks like it hasn't been used or washed for some time.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
Please notice the date! This is a long ago review and the property has undergone extensive remodeling due to storm damage. Of course we still make mistakes on occassion but we have a great staff that will try to make it right if you just let us know!
Burbank, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2005

The door wasn't even locked when we first went into our room. Then when we got in, the toilet was running and wouldn't even flush. They had to send someone to fix it. There was hair in the tub that didn't belong to us. The pool has NO STEPS (only 2 ladders for getting in and out) for anyone who is handicapped or has limited mobility. Then there was some sort of bug (which the hotel person said was a cricket) that got on me while I was in bed. In the morning there wasn't any milk for breakfast and the small and cramped "room" for breakfast was so full there wasn't any place to sit. I wish I would have seen the 2 reviews posted for this hotel before I made my reservation. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again, nor would I ever reccomend it to anyone!

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!