“Price I do not get?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3442 Freedom Dr., Springfield, IL 62704-6516 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 40 hotels in Springfield
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Price I do not get?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I happen to call and book a Springfield Quality Inn without checking the price... I guess it was during the State fair so they jacked the price almost $50 a night which is a hotel and half for our budget. I had stayed in 10 quality inns across the country and always had a price similar. This one jacked the price and to boot we had no interest in the state fair and knew nothing about it.. The place was overrun with kids yelling and screaming in the hallways.. we said if it does not stop we will ask for our money back. I stayed in over a dozen hotels in the past 2 weeks and have seen all levels..This one is a C+ and an 'F' for price jacking during the state fair. Aggravating stay and nothing special and for the price, we stayed in other quality inn's at half the price for the same service, I do not get it?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Tim - thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We value your input and as you can imagine, this is our busiest time of the year and our rates fluctuate with demand and special events. We are still on average 25% below the rate of other hotels in our immediate comp set. We have also made recent improvements to our hotel. I'm glad the rest of your stay was pleasant.

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean. The hot breakfast was great. I think we got a good value for the money we spent. We decided to stay an extra night.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest - thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our entire team is glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return. See you soon!
New Alexandria, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my experience at this location others may not have had any aggravation!!?? Checked in. {late evening / 8:45 p.m local time} Patricia at the desk, was a person with a great personality, & helpful. Went to the room, it was nice / clean. Got a shower then found out the room had no remote for the TV. I got dressed, went to the desk @ informed Patricia about the missing remote. She did not have one, so she called the manager. This is when the aggravation started. In talking to the manager, she was told that "yes he knew about it" and I would have to sit by the TV to change the Channels manually !!!!!!!!!!!!! They would change my room, but not take the remote from the empty room !!!!!!!! I opted to stay in the room {it was a long day}. It was a hot humid night, only to find the AC would only run for a short time & shut off {no it was not on automatic}. By this time all I wanted to do was get some sleep the best I could. In the morning I confronted the manager about the remote & the AC. His response to the AC problem was "yes we have been having a problem with that AC unit". This when I asked him what my aggravation was worth. He countered with " what is it worth to you"? I told him I wanted 50% of my bill {keep in mind the rate was $89.95 Plus taxes}. He told me the best he would do is $10.00 off the bill. So if you stay here and are aggravated with any thing that might happen. Your aggravation will only be worth $10.00!!!!!!! WILL NOT EVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! One other thing, in my business, I stay in motels/hotels well over 150 nights a year. I know about having problem now & then happening. The managers have always made things right!!!!!!!! This manager does not manage or get things fixed that he knows need fixing !!!!!!!!!!!! Offering $10.00 off the bill was a slap in my face !!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Jeff - I'm glad you took the time to post a review. We're very apologetic of your experience at our hotel. Every room has a TV remote and we have spare in stock available for our guests if they are malfunctioning. Again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Look forward to your future stay that will exceed your expectations.
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a great room with comfortable beds. The room was clean--the only problem was the drapes did not totally close so had to use a binder clip to keep the lights from the parking lot from shining in--it was not a big deal & it is still a great place to stay. Breakfast was quite good, nice variety of items.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sandy - thank you for sharing your overnight experience at our hotel establishment. We really appreciate it and have discussed the comments with our staff. We look forward to your future stays.
Kankakee, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

When we checked in the night clerk Shelby was very polite and accommodating. The hotel has Wi-Fi but you really have to want it to get the information in order to log on. The room was clean and average. The "hot breakfast" is little more than microwaved biscuit gravy, cold biscuits and packaged scrambled eggs. Not the best but a little below average. My family and I left the hotel in the morning for a full day of activity and didn't return until approximately 9:30 PM. We arrived in our room to find that it had never been touched. The beds were unmade, the towels were still in the tub and the garbage cans still had the garbage in them. I went down to the front desk and asked Patricia (a very sympathetic and helpful young woman) about the issue. She advised me that housekeeping had noted on the checklist that we had a Do Not Disturb placard hanging on our door. I assured her that this was not the case and that we didn't even have that placard available in our room. She also commented that housekeeping had indicated that several of the rooms had this placard on their door and several others had complained about it. I just wanted some towels and to get my kids to bed and Patricia gave me the towels. Patricia called the general manager on my behalf. I was down by the front desk later as I had to run and get something at the local Target. Patricia indicated that the manager, Brian, was there. I introduced myself and told him of the situation. He indicated that this had been happening a lot lately and that one room hadn't been cleaned three days in a row during their stay because of this. I advised him that this is a service I paid for, he indicated that he would take a look at my bill and do what he could for me. I thanked him.
We took advantage of the pool that evening for about fifteen minutes and the entire pool area was dirty. Wet dirty towels were everywhere. There were two clean towels for the guests. I was disappointed.
Well when we left nothing had been done to the bill and when I questioned this the day clerk (Chris, wasn't wearing a name tag) mumbled to himself repeatedly and called the manager. He printed up the bill again and took a whole $10 off of our bill. This was less than 5% of our total bill. I was extremely disappointed in their response to my complaint. I don't expect a lot from a budget hotel but I do expect a clean room and pleasant experience. The next time I will spend the extra $ and stay at the Fairfield or Hampton.

Room Tip: No fitness room, the business center is the size of a closet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest - we really appreciate you taking the time to post a review and our entire staff is really apologetic about your stay falling short of expectations. We have taken your comments and discussed them with our staff during our meetings and have addressed the issues with our GM as well. We have ordered new uniforms and all staff are easily recognized and approachable. The housekeeping staff has been told the importance of the DND sign and how it should be used for cleaning purposes. Thanks.
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We recently decided to travel to Springfield for a short weekend with our family. We chose this hotel because it looked clean, had a breakfast, and the price was great. When we checked in our room was ready and the staff offered helpful suggestions on seeing the sites, and for our eating plans. They had printed directions and information on all of the local tourist attractions and offered to help us in any way. Our room was clean. Comfortable beds with soft white linens and clean comforters. The pool was not huge, but perfect for our family and very warm, which was nice for my young kids. The hot tub was nice as well. We had breakfast in the morning and my kids loved making waffles. The hotel was very full, and the staff did a great job of keeping breakfast stocked and made sure there was enough for everyone. Over all, this hotel is a nice, clean hotel with a great price. Exactly what we were looking for!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review and are glad you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. Our indoor heated pool and spa are great amenities that get used quite a bit when guests want to unwind and relax. We are still working on a few more upgrades that will further enhance the guest experience. The hot waffles are always a hit with the kids. Glad the family enjoyed their stay and time exploring the capitol.
Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

What a difference new management made to this motel...the staff are friendlier and happier. The front desk staff are efficient and pleasant with the check-ins and the rooms were much, much nicer than ever before. I recommend this motel now to friends staying in Springfield. A month ago I would never have recommended this motel..The new manager, JBryan, has really turned this place around.

Room Tip: They are in the process of separating the smoking from the non-smoking rooms by wing and floor...so...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Jim - thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're glad you had a pleasant stay. We have completed many renovations to enhance the guest experience and strive to offer unparalleled customer service. Our upgrades and change in management continues to draw new guests in search of a clean and affordable hotel with modern finishes. We look forward to your future stays!

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!